Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The glyph markets are very very sketchy. I tend to have 4-5 posting sessions a day. i.e. i'll log to my bank alt at 5 random times during the day and post 1 of every single glyph @ 1c undecut. Then i'll log to him again in 1-2 hours and post 1 of every glyph again. I don't both canceling as generally it takes too long and you'll be getting undercut anyway. I post in this method and am just happy with the 5-10% of my glyphs that actually do sell. the profit margins on glyphs are huge so even if you're selling just a few, it's a good money maker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydad View Post
    How do you all make gold when your auctions are instantly undercut?
    You already gave the answer: It's all about the "AH PVP". Time+Passion+Nerves+Cancel/Relist = selling more than the foes

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people play to raid, other play to make virtual money. Although I must agree, I find it annoying to post a number of items, run out ot get mail, run back in and find all my auctions have been undercut within 30 seconds. As EA say "Its all in the game"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    Nah, it's actually easy: /2 WTS Book of Glyph Mastery! 10% cheaper than the AH! pst

There is nothing you can do about it. Even trying to crash the market doesn't help because someone that camped for weeks got more than enough gold to soak your attempt to crash and make profit of it. The only way to stop reposting would be if Blizzard would make it so that items from the AH take 24h to return to the seller or if you'd lose a set amount of money when you cancel an auction.

Some people on my server hate me for advertising but I got more than enough returning customers that send mails asking for specific stuff at 5-10% lower prices than they are listed on the AH. It's fun to be online twice a day to send roughly 20-200 mails CoD worth 200-20000g each. And after your second or third suspension because of high gold traffic blizzard doesn't bother anymore :P
    Trade advertising is much more time-efficient when trying to sell something, especially if you know there are ah campers targeting your item(s).

You usually get better deals in trade anyways, compared to the ah - an example being valor gear.

Deleted
    The undercutting is part of the game. Blizzard has dumbed down the AH and auction addons like tradeskillmaster have made auctioning so efficient there is no room for error. Same goes for undermine journal and the supply of mats which invariably come from nots. Once you used to be able to find a niche, but now you are spotted within seconds. It just makes it less fun than having to get pen and paper out but being rewarded by putting research in.

Never underestimate the market or get so sure that there arent bigger and meaner competitors out there.

If you cannot undercut back, then take note of the posters who say use your intelligence and dont fight wars which you cant win or are an ineficient use of your time. I like the following from the above.

1. Diversify, find new niches with less competition. If I wasnt so lazy I could quadruple my amount of ah profit but it requires a lot more effort.
    2. Use trade.
    3. Use your guild.
    4. price agressively , but accept you will make less profit.
    5. use your brains by understanding your product, market and the state of the game.

Long gone are the days when you can post and then 24h later all your items have been sold.

Heavy undercutting.

There are some articles about this. Look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by mixerii View Post
    Problem with this is that i would buy you out the moment you log of, to be effective you need to be on as much as me and if you can manage that it's probably best to just become AH camper instead crashing market.

IMO best way is to just get out of high turnover markets and sell niche stuff with lower need for maintenance.
    You'll soon have a full bank worth of glyphs and even if i add few gold over production price i'll still be earning cash whille you'll be stockpiling my glyphs in your bank. With glyphs being 1 time use their market isn't big enough so you could keep prices high if someone persistent would be crashing it time after time. Only way to actually prevent it is to be buying out all low-mid priced herbs either uselessly stockpiling glyphs or investing herbs into alchemy market.

Thing is that OP have troubles with earning money, so he could earn some on crashing market and forcing AH campers to buyout all his glyphs. He'll earn much less then if he was sitting near AH, but some is better then nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    You'll soon have a full bank worth of glyphs and even if i add few gold over production price i'll still be earning cash whille you'll be stockpiling my glyphs in your bank. With glyphs being 1 time use their market isn't big enough so you could keep prices high if someone persistent would be crashing it time after time. Only way to actually prevent it is to be buying out all low-mid priced herbs either uselessly stockpiling glyphs or investing herbs into alchemy market.

Thing is that OP have troubles with earning money, so he could earn some on crashing market and forcing AH campers to buyout all his glyphs. He'll earn much less then if he was sitting near AH, but some is better then nothing.
    I have a guy that posts enchants in 10-40g profit range every day and goes offline. I always buy/repost his stuff and until his next AH posting wave everything i picked up is sold (and some i made myself). If he was posting every hour or so i would not be able to do that but than it's likely he would not like crashed market.

He does indeed make some money working as crafter for me, if you notice same guy buying you out offer to sell to him directly so you don't lose on AH cut and he does not need to constantly watch for your auctions.
    Last edited by mixerii; 2012-04-13 at 12:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by eriseis View Post
    ...it's redonkulous how ignored this market is...
    The word redonkulous sounded so funny I googled it to see if it was an actual word

cheers urbandictionary
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.