Deleted

Pokemon is really good!

Ok so as i kid i loved pokemon. Lets face it who dident! Red and Blue were pro and so was gold and silver then i grew out of it.

Then Nintendo did some sort of remember the old days bla bla bla TV ads with the remakes of gold and silver and now they are on black and white but whatever.

Any way to get to my point ... they are really really good. Ok forget they face they are a lot of cute / cuddely looking ones and the game is very easy but the online play. Its awsom its really really good. The strategy involved in some fights are amazing 2on 2 fights and 3 on 3 fight really changed the game. Its not a case of yea charizard is sick ill use fireblast becauze its awsom and charizard is awsom cauz hes a dragon yeaaa!

There is a lot of new attacks in the game now that make it so you cant attack or you can attack 3 at once or you can use one pokemon to boost status up then switch to another. The ammount of type combinations now it really is just a good strategy game online.

If the name of the game was changed to somthng like Monster Trainers or somthing and the pokemon dident look so friendly more like somthing from i dunno metroid or resident evil or parasite eve i know a lot more people would play it and enjoy it.

to sum up the new pokemon game are really good and shouldent be just classed as a kidz game because i know a kid wouldent last 2 mins against some of the japanese players i have seen.

As video games they're an addictive turn based strategy but as a story and setting it's aimed at kids. The core gameplay is good I've honestly finished Pokemon gold back in the day but ever since then I've only tried one other pokemon game and it just didn't look like that much has changed and ever since they've stuck with the same old formula. I've personally got my fill from that version of the game.

If the settings were changed in such a manner that completely turns away from the kid-friendly, cute and fluffy routine I think they'd lose a lot of customers. Honestly Pokemon and the Final Fantasy are the Simpsons of video games. Always released and re-released with just a bit added here and there but the same formula. Same plot, different characters and more polished characters.

Edit: I'm saying this mostly as an outsider of the series since I've only "looked over" the games after the Gold version on the GameBoyColor/GameBoyAdvance. The animated series I honestly didn't get into. As a kid I got bored halfway in the first season.

Deleted
    im not talking about the cartoon here just the game and not really the offline game it is really poor but he online play is very good.

I've often wondered what a Pokemon game with the same addictive turn based game play would be like if the story and setting were aimed to an older audience...potential to be a hell of a gem. They're still fun to play now and then, but some of the themes definitely have a kid feel to them.

pokemon was better in generation 1 and 2. i didnt mind 3 or 4; but 5 was the dumbest shitty game ive ever played.

Do you know what I like about pokemon, free pokemon (its like DLC but for free ) via wifi connection mystery gift, free ''casual'' website game that connect to your game world, free world tournament. Its loads of free stuff all that form ninty