Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What the hell's a konky?
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was funny listening to all the hipsters at school talk about getting involved in the movement, then the video of the creator masturbating in public surfaced and the next day the same kids were talking about how only a nutjob would listen to anything that man made.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

You can say whatever you want about the whole Kony 2012 movement but fact is, it did change a lot. People are now aware, or at least more aware of what is going on in Uganda and surrounding parts of Africa.

How many of you actually knew something about J.Kony OR the LRA before Jason Russell released his video?

Unfortunately it is true that just being aware of a problem is not going to solve it. Paying $5 for a box full of stickers isn't going to help that much either if nothing happens with that money; however, that is not the case. After all, they DID help the people down there, they DID build up radio stations, they DID change things down there. Their intentions are good and if videos like this are what people need to see in order to do something, then by all means, release more of them.

What saddens me more than the "poorly" executed Kony movement is that you are instantly labeled as a Hipster, or some random douchebag joining the bandwagon if you dare to agree or sympathize with what the Kony movement stands for. If you do not think that your money is in good hands within the IC, donate it to some other organization which does the same thing as IC. I am pretty sure there are a few out there.

Also, just for your information, it absolutely normal that "only" 1/3 of a donation flows into actual help. The rest is used in order to keep the IC alive. People need to be paid for christ sake. Do you think the cameraman's family is going to support itself? In addition to that, Jason Russell only makes $90k a year. That's nothing compared to other organization's CEOs. Look at the Susan G Komen Foundation. Only 29% of your dollar goes into research, while their CEO makes $500k a year. I don't see people going berserk on the Susan G Komen Foundation... hypocrisy much?
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-04-07 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    What the hell's a konky?

The Robot from Pee-wee's Playhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by phlover View Post
    Kony is a New American Scan for Propaganda war and Collection Money for more bombs
    Watch Alex Jones dudes
    Alex Jones is a fucking moron. That isn't to say that everything that he's screaming is false, but there is a list of serious issues I have with that hyperbolic hypocrite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Margrim
    "Heroism sounds like an old lady picking flowers
    Bloodlust sounds like Freddy Krueger dualwielding Gnomes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Demichelis View Post
    Phantasmagorical novelization, oh great one. Art thou enraged?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    http://justiceinconflict.org/2012/03...went-to-waste/

Read through the article, it explains, its mainly ended because the two donor leaders had nervous breakdowns when people claimed only 1/3 of funds from IC actually went to Uganda, and they were in it for the profit. And also right after Ugandans became infuriated when they saw the video (not inspired, but infuriated because they found it disgraceful to them and inaccurate of the current situations in Central Africa).

Basically Kony 2012 as a movement is over, and though I never supported it for the reasons listed in the article, I am saddened the men had nervous breakdowns, especially if they weren't in it for profit and were trying to help (not sure which currently, im still leaning on IC is a fairly shady charity). But again say goodbye to Kony 2012
    They earned millions on people donations and they cry about having a nervous breakdown when people called them out on their lies? Oh lawdie! What a terrible attempt at trying to make people ,yet again, feel guilty.

Supplying money to the Ugandan government as a charity was probably even more stupid. An absolutely pointless "charity" that even if it had ever tried to fulfill its purpose, would've been completely fruitless.

---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 12:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hq78 View Post
    kony 2012 is just propaganda nothing but propaganda. i pity those that are suckers for everything they read/watch.
    The irony of your statement is tremendous.