Deleted

[Jungling] What to do when counter jungled at lvl 1 ?

So i'm trying to put all my time in jungling and i don't have much trouble in normal games. But as you guys know in ranked games you get a group of enemies at your blue camp at lvl 1 a lot of the time, now what do i do when it comes to that ?

Do i run my ass off to get to their blue or do i have to take an alternative jungle route and be miles behind the other jungler ?

Atm i jungle as nautilus and maokai

Deleted
    Ask your team to defend your blue. If they see the enemy coming they can either wait for them to engage, then steal or gank them. If you dont decide to engage rush for their blue. They will usually be at your blue early enough to let you take theirs without a problem. After that make them pay for invading your jungle. Counter jungle a lot and ward their blue/red, so you can steal it when it spawns.

Usually, your team should be defending your blue with you. If you see you can't defend your blue or your team is too lazy what I do, usually, is just to sit back and let them steal your blue and go steal theirs. Usually, when they steal your blue, they come in groups of 5 which means their blue is totally undefended which is easy to take.

Remember blue spawns every 5 minutes. What I usually do when I go to the base after my 1st jungle clear is: buy a ward, wait for the 6th minute and plant a ward near their blue/red. That way, and if you practice a lot you'll get used to this, you can backdoor their blue/red and smite it to steal.

Deleted
    A: Defend your blue.
    B: Steal their blue.
    C: Try different jungle route. (Hard with certain jungler, Maokai and Nautilus both have troubles with this).

I´d say that this is the order you should try to follow incase you get counterjungled. On certain junglers it can be a wiser decision to do C instead of B (Lee Sin, Shyvana, Mundo, any jungler that can start red and survive without blue).

I play alistar jungle alot lately , so if they have the balls to counter jungle, ill just go red and gank at 2. But if i am using udyr or lee, ill steal/kill them at there buff, it normal works.

Sometimes i just gank at 2 though.(its worth you falling miles behind if you force a solo to fall miles behind.(imo)

If your team isn't there for protection, then go take red and counter their jungle. Be mindful of which jungler you are playing against as always.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the whole team is willing to help me at blue, we stack up in the bushes and instantly kill the enemies entering it.
    If team wont help me, I either take red, or enemy blue, depending on what champ I play and if enemy team has a jungle or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jungling as Mao it's "optimal" to start at banshee's however, you can use that time, and saplings, at the river entrances to your jungle. Most of the time when a sapling spots the invaders they're likely to back off since they know they've been spotted. Sometimes, however, they'll continue in they're invasion which is where it becomes really important to have a team to support you.

Personally I hardly ever counter-jungle unless I'm playing Shaco, or sometimes with Olaf. At level1 Mao has a pretty hard time of stealing their blue without support or getting set-up (1-2 saplings before engaging). After hitting 6 you should definitely be dropping pink wards in the brush near their red/blue, watch your timers so you can anticipate the spawn and time your steals. I'd also recommend using an Oracle's to clear the enemies wards.

TL;DR- Team game needs team work. Wards are OP. Timers are your best friend.

Edit to add; I jungle as Mao quite a bit although I still haven't tried Naut. Which is why my post is specified towards Mao.
    Last edited by Liquephyre; 2012-04-06 at 06:17 PM.
    Grammar- It's the difference between knowing your shit & knowing you're shit.