10+ Year Old Account

Warrior Tank : Gemming

Hey Guys,
    I've been curious lately about Tanks and their gems... it seems they put in a couple of Mastery and parry gems (Green and Orange ones)
    Then they start putting stamina ones in... should i be doing that?
    Could somebody explain to me how i should gem and reforge all that buisness please?
    Thanks
    WoW6000

You want to reach the CTC cap mostly with mastery then aim for stamina, socketbonuses are usually worth it that's why green/orange gems are used. Reforge for mastery if the item doesn't have it else balance dodge and parry.

CTC cap is 102,4% adding up block, dodge, parry and 5% miss, make sure you also add up raidbuffs.
    Last edited by bigbad; 2012-04-06 at 10:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    You want to reach the CTC cap mostly with mastery then aim for stamina, socketbonuses are usually worth it that's why green/orange gems are used. Reforge for mastery if the item doesn't have it else balance dodge and parry.

CTC cap is 102,4% adding up block, dodge, parry and 5% miss, make sure you also add up raidbuffs.
    So Dont Gem Pure Mastery (Fractured Amberjewel) And use Gems Like Fine Ember Topaz' (+20 Parry +20 Mastery)
    Then For some Others like Puissant Dream Emerald (+20 Mastery +30 Stam)
    Erm 1) Whats CTC ? ><
    2) What Should i even out my Parry and Dodge to?
    3) And as above which % of parry and dodge should i start gemming stamina?

Cheers WoW6000

Deleted
    read the warrior protection guidelines topic in here, or google, you will get your answears

But basically ctc is your state of being unhittable - 102,4%. This should include your block, parry and dodge chance + mobs miss chance (5%)
    When your ctc is around 98% unbuffed, you should start gemming pure stamina, because everything else is just waste, as you will reach around 102% when raidbuffed and foodbuffed