Worth Rerolling Juggernaut from Sniper with patch 1.2 inc?

Hello, Been playing sniper now for a while and Iam lvl 44 and getting more and more frustrated with the class it self, So many times cover buggs and in pvp its just shit, die to everything if you dont play in the background and ignoring objectives.

in world of warcraft I play a warrior with a Dk alt and is enjoying quite alot as dps. My question is is it worth rerolling a Sith warrior from Sniper with 1.2 coming?

my goals is to do pvp premades, hardmodes etc, and maybe raiding if MoP turnes out to be shit.
    I know alot of people are saying that juggs are so fucking OP in pvp but thats not the reason I wish to roll it. Maybe Marauder is better? but like I said Premades in pvp is goal n1 atm, Or atleast rank 70+. If your playing on PTR how is jugg now with Crash gone? fun? boring?

Best regards Rashi.

my goals is to do pvp premades
    While if played correctly and come 1.2 snipers are more viable, the dps versions of IA/Smugglers leave a lot to be desired. If you believe you can stick it out and be a top end skill level sniper I'd say stick it out, but for us mere mortals I'd suggest rolling a Mara just to see how it feels, and base your decision as you level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashi View Post
    Hello, Been playing sniper now for a while and Iam lvl 44 and getting more and more frustrated with the class it self, So many times cover buggs and in pvp its just shit, die to everything if you dont play in the background and ignoring objectives.

in world of warcraft I play a warrior with a Dk alt and is enjoying quite alot as dps. My question is is it worth rerolling a Sith warrior from Sniper with 1.2 coming?

my goals is to do pvp premades, hardmodes etc, and maybe raiding if MoP turnes out to be shit.
    I know alot of people are saying that juggs are so fucking OP in pvp but thats not the reason I wish to roll it. Maybe Marauder is better? but like I said Premades in pvp is goal n1 atm, Or atleast rank 70+. If your playing on PTR how is jugg now with Crash gone? fun? boring?

Best regards Rashi.

Snipers are the rarest class in game and very thought-after in PvE. They are powerful in 1v1 too, but I admit that their stationary design limits their potential in objective based PvP. They will be great on Navare Coast but Huttball just isn't ever going to suit them well.

That said, if you can't enjoy the cover mechanic then it's best to move on. You're not alone, many people (including myself) just don't like the cover mechanic.

As for Juggernaut vs. Marauder - go Marauder. Juggernauts receive more QQ because their Rage spec crits hits harder than Marauders but that's set to change in 1.2 with Rage Juggernauts getting a big nerf. Marauders on the other hand will remain as powerful as ever, only kneeling to a Tank Assassin in a 1v1.

With their great cooldowns and survivability they'll be very successful in rated warzones.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Snipers are the rarest class in game and very thought-after in PvE. They are powerful in 1v1 too, but I admit that their stationary design limits their potential in objective based PvP. They will be great on Navare Coast but Huttball just isn't ever going to suit them well.

That said, if you can't enjoy the cover mechanic then it's best to move on. You're not alone, many people (including myself) just don't like the cover mechanic.

As for Juggernaut vs. Marauder - go Marauder. Juggernauts receive more QQ because their Rage spec crits hits harder than Marauders but that's set to change in 1.2 with Rage Juggernauts getting a big nerf. Marauders on the other hand will remain as powerful as ever, only kneeling to a Tank Assassin in a 1v1.

With their great cooldowns and survivability they'll be very successful in rated warzones.
    Thanks for the replies so far, the reason I might want to roll a juggernaut is because they easy get into hardmodes and premades atm, and that you actually can do 2 things, You can tank and you can dps, while Maraudor only can dps, or am i wrong? also in on my Sniper Iam rank 44 obviously and I have to say I have never ever gotten killed by a marauder, Maybe the players playing them suck or something?

and How often do people actually inv a maraudor in a premade?

Thanks so far! Rashi

if ur 44 just make the extra push and get to 50, and/or play both Sniper and Jugg, its good to have a extra 50 plus next patch you get your agent 5% crit on your juggernaut buff and thats pretty sweet for leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    if ur 44 just make the extra push and get to 50, and/or play both Sniper and Jugg, its good to have a extra 50 plus next patch you get your agent 5% crit on your juggernaut buff and thats pretty sweet for leveling.
    Buff is from end of chapter 2, he'll have it anyway, however, still not a bad idea. You're close to 50 and can try it for yourself to see if you like it instead of relying on other opinions who may not be the same as your own. Also, I thought there was a sniper/gunslinger spec that didn't rely as heavily on cover. Novare Coast was designed with cover in mind though, so after 1.2 you may find you like sniper again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Buff is from end of chapter 2, he'll have it anyway, however, still not a bad idea. You're close to 50 and can try it for yourself to see if you like it instead of relying on other opinions who may not be the same as your own. Also, I thought there was a sniper/gunslinger spec that didn't rely as heavily on cover. Novare Coast was designed with cover in mind though, so after 1.2 you may find you like sniper again.

Agreed, it is worth it in my opinion to just get to 50.

If anything finish the class story the agent one its pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    If anything finish the class story the agent one its pretty good.
    This here. I found the IA story the best of the bunch.

It does feel a bit of a turret class in pvp though. Great if nobody notices you but if you are going to play in ranked pre made matches then that isn't going to happen.

Depends if you want to mainly be the center of the objective (carrying the ball) or being a supporting role (killing someone while that other person more suited to carrying the ball does it). Remember, Juggernaut not only has Force Leap but Intercede, Guard and Taunts, and this can be done as any spec Juggernaut, not just tank. If you play well a lot of the incoming damage on your healers and ball carrier can be mitigated, Marauders have only their group buffs (speed, damage increase etc).

Rage is not the best spec for objectives btw, only for putting pressure on healers due to damage on multiple people at the same time. Vengeance pvp spec is probably the best for huttball, and in general if you want to dps, due to unstoppable and huddle's damage reduction when using force leap and intercede.

Thanks for the replies so far, and Yes I might finish my sniper, Iam not sure if I like to be in the center of attension but I feel like beeing in the back useless is just bad, If i get a grip iam dead and they always go for me in bgs atm since snipers die instantly and that migrates alot of dmg on the team. In every game I´ve allways played a melee and maybe thats what I should do here aswell, Even so I havnt gotten replys on how good marauders is in pvp/pve, Do you want a marauder in premades etc?

Best regards Rashi!

Too many people are going marauder atm because they think they will be OP in 1.2, however it wont help you win having a team of 8 marauders running about a wz. You should watch some vids, read some stuff on the 2 advanced classes before you decide which play-style you prefer.

I noticed you said you have issues with cover bugs? Maybe you could be more specific and I might be able to figure out if its something you're doing and not a bug. My sniper is 57 valor and cleared everything on nightmare in pve and I haven't experienced any cover bugs, especially to the point where it would be frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Starry101 View Post
    I noticed you said you have issues with cover bugs? Maybe you could be more specific and I might be able to figure out if its something you're doing and not a bug. My sniper is 57 valor and cleared everything on nightmare in pve and I haven't experienced any cover bugs, especially to the point where it would be frustrating.
    There were some major ones after launch, I believe a lot of them have been fixed or improved though. There was a lot of places were you were unable to get into cover, for instance on a lot of the metal ramp parts of the Huttball arena, but I think that's fixed now.

Well on the planet Quesh it was horrible had to specc Leth to be able to kill stuff since I coulnt take cover at all pretty much, Said something about insuffisunt abillity or something like that, horrible spelling hurray! anyway I went Marauder on my lvl 10 besacly because people said ingame that Juggs are going to be quite bad with the upcoming patch, Also I think Iam going to lvl my Marauder and wait for patch 1.2 and see what happens with snipers, I can agree alot what you say about 8 marauders in premades isnt going to help at all but playing a shit class thats totally worthless in premade doesnt add up at all either. The new BG that comes will be a blessing to snipers as the looks of it now, But is it anyone here who actually has a sniper on higher ranks who can tell how it is? Do you have a hard time killing people? 1vs1 and in wz do you just run in the back killing people with low health? becuase I know snipers got the best burst etc.

Thanks alot once agian for all the replies!

Best regards Rashi

If by Juggernauts being bad they meant bad-ass then that'd be more accurate. Rage is the only spec people seem to care about and other than being a 1 trick pony its a fairly poor spec. Vengeance is the better dps spec for both pve and pvp, thanks to consistent damage and also 2 key pvp talents that make them an amazing ball carrier and offensive support machine: Huddle and Unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    If by Juggernauts being bad they meant bad-ass then that'd be more accurate. Rage is the only spec people seem to care about and other than being a 1 trick pony its a fairly poor spec. Vengeance is the better dps spec for both pve and pvp, thanks to consistent damage and also 2 key pvp talents that make them an amazing ball carrier and offensive support machine: Huddle and Unstoppable.
    ^^ I love playing my jugg dps.

Having just leveled a Jugg after a sniper, the Jugg is way more fun. Also the Sith Warrior story is as good as the IA story.