Thread: Will I fall?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will I fall?

Well it looks like I might be moving into an upstairs apartment. It's nice but I have quite a few dances that I know and I always practice them once a week so I don't forget the choreography.
    Do you think I will fall through the apartment if I keep practicing them in an upstairs apartment? I can't go to the gym and practice it's too far away.
    I've always practiced the dances at home it's easier and I don't have to travel/pay money. However, now I am worried I am going to fall through the flooring...
    I'm a very thin girl, but I don't know how sturdy upstairs apartments are but they have to be somewhat sturdy if some people pack furniture inside of them right?

Unless it's made of cardboard I don't think there is any chance of you falling through the floor. Even if you weighed 400 poinds I doubt there would be any chance of you falling through the floor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, depends.

Do you live in one of those huts made of thin planks like you see srambled on the ground in the news about tornados? Then yes, it might be a problem.

Deleted
    Oh, my!

To make it easy:

There are also 400 pound people living upstairs.
    Your bookshelf (though I have doubts you own books) weighs also a lot more than you.
    But I can tell you it doesn't even top the power your book shelf has on the floor.

You can hop around as much as you like!

Guess, we are trolled, at least I hope so

it's not worth risking imo.. if you have to pay for a new floor, it will ruin you

10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem will be the downstairs neighbor thinking you're teaching an elephant to jump through hoops. So please be considerate and maybe talk to them about it first.
    But falling through the ceiling? As long as your fridge and couch and bed still remains on your level I'm quite sure there is no danger.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

Do you live in a paper house? What kind of question is that anyway? As if the floor would break down just because you dance...

I mean, seriously...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should rig up a harness system and always wear a safety line just to be sure. I, for one, am constantly in fear of falling through this concrete floor of my office any time I make the slightest movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sorry, but are you for real? :P
    Buildings are designed for people to live in them, not stand/sit still in fear of them collapsing.

The only problem will be the downstairs neighbor thinking you're teaching an elephant to jump through hoops.
    Said she was a very thin girl, I doubt she would make much noise while jumping around ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jogojin View Post
    Your bookshelf (though I have doubts you own books) weighs also a lot more than you.
    ROFL I was thinking the same thing

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would rather consider how your dancing is affecting those around you (neighbours both above and below you) before thinking about actually calculating the probability of the floor breaking and you falling down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found this thread highly amusing. But no, the floor won't break. Do talk to your neighbors though, if it's just once a week they'll simply have to put up with it but talking with them is a necessary courtesy imo.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Deleted
    Dassen is high!

Maybe the neighbours will make a hole as revenge for all the dancing?

This has to be a joke.... right?

Could be a mud house, 3rd world problems

let me explain why I am so concerned. I live in an old house right now and my room is upstairs. I always practiced my dances in my room and then one day my grandma showed me a crack in the room downstairs in the room below me and said she didn't want the floor to fall. You see, I am worried about the apartment building being very old enough to where the floor will crack or I'll either fall through. -_-''

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Not feeding this one.

Unless you weigh a few hundred pounds and are jumping up and down no

Also, this thread is about as good as the one where you ask if swallowing gum will affect your singing.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2012-04-07 at 02:28 AM. Reason: don't want another retarded infraction

lol you wont fall thru the floor, unless the house it built out of sand :/ you will be fine, there are fat people who live upstairs every where and they are fine

Do you weigh like 600 pounds? If not I don't think you need to worry about it.