Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I hate when people say this. Money is not that easy for everyone to come by. It seems a few people just randomly horde money better then others. I never blew money on useless items or severe amount of repairs etc but I barely had enough money for each mount upgrade typically having to wait a level or so after it becomes available just to blow every credit on the cruddy small upgrade.

People are correct in saying it is partially an investment into not being knocked off though. Although at times it seems that it's not very significant...
    Except, to the the last speeder training is level 50, which you can do the dailies, and get enough just from that for the training and have credits left over.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    The real question is, what would it add to WZs? If it ain't broke don't fix it. I mean maybe later down the road is they release some huge WZ that has 32 v 32 and needs that amount of room, maybe. But really it would add almost nothing so why bother.

---------- Post added 2012-04-06 at 12:51 PM ----------

I do not beleive it is based on the amount of damage you take, I believe when you take damage there is a RNG chance you will be knocked off. Sounds like RNG is random to me. May be a bug with the speeder itself as well, probably worth opening a ticket about, but don't expect results quickly.
    Actually it is the amount of damage you take, but it's the amount of damage you take from a single hit over a threshold value. I can say exactly what the threshold is but it's around 1500 damage from a single hit. My Vanguard tank can ride around and soak insane amounts of damage without getting knocked off due to the ability to shield and mitigate damage, but my Sage get's punted off quite frequently, although riding through packs with Force Armor up seems to prevent getting knocked off.

noob quesiton here. Do the mounts weapons actually work in combat or are they just for looks?

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Anyone know how much the rank 3 training will be in 1.2?
    I don't know the exact amount, but it will be less than it is now. Though the cost of the mounts will go up.

Quote Originally Posted by PIRATEorNINJA View Post
    noob quesiton here. Do the mounts weapons actually work in combat or are they just for looks?
    Just for looks. You can't fight from your mount, you can't even emote while mounted

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I don't know the exact amount, but it will be less than it is now. Though the cost of the mounts will go up.

So if I was smart I would buy a mount or 2 now, but wait to get the training till 1.2? Is that even possible? I would test but I am at work

Is anyone on the PTR to check?

On that note I really hate that model. It makes you have less vehicles in the long run.

I am doing exactly that with the Rank 3 mounts. I already bought one and it is chilling in my cargo hold, and I am waiting for 1.2 to hit before buying the skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I am doing exactly that with the Rank 3 mounts. I already bought one and it is chilling in my cargo hold, and I am waiting for 1.2 to hit before buying the skill.
    I actually bought mine back in December, because honestly... are credits that hard to come by? I mean I am sitting on 21,000,000 credits right now with over 300 commendations if I wanted to sell implants for 1mill a pop. I actually bought all the 1.5mill mounts just because I didn't know what else to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I actually bought mine back in December, because honestly... are credits that hard to come by? I mean I am sitting on 21,000,000 credits right now with over 300 commendations if I wanted to sell implants for 1mill a pop. I actually bought all the 1.5mill mounts just because I didn't know what else to buy.
    Well honestly when I hit 50 I was raiding on WoW still, playing swtor, doing things for this site, and doing things for H2P, and have a full time job. So my playtime was fairly limited and I really haven't spent much time doing dailies, especially after I started doing ops in swtor as well. So then when I was thinking about buying skill after all they announced the change in costs, so I decided to hold off for 1.2... of course at the time I was expecting 1.2 be out in March... Then I was getting close and was thinking about buying it and I got into the MoP beta... and now I am in the GW2 beta as well... so yea. It's not that credits are hard to come by, but more that I have less time to play than I would like and most of the time when I do these days if I am not doing an op I am on an alt.

I am sure if I was only playing or even just mostly playing swtor it would have been a non-issue though.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Realize that not everyone raced to 50 and farmed PVP/daily commendations for the next 3 months. You are the 1%. Enjoy it. But don't be a dick about it.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Honestly, when I hit 50, and today, I work a 45+ Hour a week job and have a 2 yr old kiddo. My play time is limited to after she's asleep, and that cuts in to my sleep time. Do I really want to spend the limited time I do have to play running dailies every day? No, not really.

Deleted
    The easiest way to make money at 50 if u have a high capacity for doing immensely boring things is go into the bunker for the 'kill the stealthy republic guys' daily and just farm the 6 elites in there. You get ~1k per 15 secs. You can just leave ure char down there and whenever u have a spare 30 secs just log in and kill a few. (Well not 30 secs cos it takes 2-3 mins to load Belsavis but anyway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Honestly, when I hit 50, and today, I work a 45+ Hour a week job and have a 2 yr old kiddo. My play time is limited to after she's asleep, and that cuts in to my sleep time. Do I really want to spend the limited time I do have to play running dailies every day? No, not really.
    I doubt everyone is in the same boat as you. For instance most people in my guild have time to do all of this.

I doubt everyone is in the same boat as you. For instance most people in my guild have time to do all of this.
    And I doubt everyone is just sitting on 21 mil credits either. My warrior has 500k, because I can't be bothered grinding the same dailies day in day out. And I imagine MANY people are in THAT particular boat.

How LONG would it take to grind dailies for 20Mil????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    And I doubt everyone is just sitting on 21 mil credits either. My warrior has 500k, because I can't be bothered grinding the same dailies day in day out. And I imagine MANY people are in THAT particular boat.
    Oh I am not saying people have even half of what I have. Bioware stated in their panel that .1% of the population has 10mill. 85% of the population is at 400k and under. I was just saying that farming dailies every day makes me hate dailies.

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Miccoop69 View Post
    How LONG would it take to grind dailies for 20Mil????
    Really not that long. I can do all the dailies in about 45min now. I usually do them with a guildee every day. You make quite a bit for selling the Rakata Implants as well. I know I sell one every 5 days for 1mill a pop. I don't do dailies EVERY day. Maybe about every other day.

Oh I am not saying people have even half of what I have. Bioware stated in their panel that .1% of the population has 10mill. 85% of the population is at 400k and under. I was just saying that farming dailies every day makes me hate dailies.

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 10:34 PM ----------

Really not that long. I can do all the dailies in about 45min now. I usually do them with a guildee every day. You make quite a bit for selling the Rakata Implants as well. I know I sell one every 5 days for 1mill a pop. I don't do dailies EVERY day. Maybe about every other day.
    Implants sure don't go for 1 million on my server, not even half that in fact.

According to what I read, if you do all the Ilum, Belsavis, and space mission dailies, between quest rewards and vendor trash you should make around 500k a day. Don't see getting the whole batch of them done in 45 minutes though, even if you just tear through mobs like they're nothing and never had to heal after a fight the number you have to fight and the travel involved seems like it would add up to more than that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Implants sure don't go for 1 million on my server, not even half that in fact.

According to what I read, if you do all the Ilum, Belsavis, and space mission dailies, between quest rewards and vendor trash you should make around 500k a day. Don't see getting the whole batch of them done in 45 minutes though, even if you just tear through mobs like they're nothing and never had to heal after a fight the number you have to fight and the travel involved seems like it would add up to more than that...
    Nope, did it tonight in about 46min and something seconds (don't use a second counter on my computer clock). So saying 45min was a safe assumption.

Also you will make about 200k a day in dailies counting vendor trash. You will never make more than 200k a day from just dailies alone But yes, implants on my server sell for 1mill a pop. No joke. I guess either people are just bad or too lazy to do them. I know my server lacks skill, because recruitment is very hard but I didn't think getting these implants were even remotely hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    Compare to wow's flying, 280% -> 310% is not a big upgrade, just mony dump. Same here?
    Maybe worth w8 until money is no issue? (lvl 40 atm on highest char)
    Oh, but you see.. There is actually a large difference.

First of all, as of introducted with the guild perk system, you can an extra 10% on those numbers.

And secondly - Do a "race" with someone that has either 280/290% while you have 310/320% and you'll see what I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I picked it up simply for the fact i wanted a better looking speeder. Because it is such a small change i dont feel a difference at all.

When a wild forum troll appears

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiKage View Post
    Oh, but you see.. There is actually a large difference.

First of all, as of introducted with the guild perk system, you can an extra 10% on those numbers.

And secondly - Do a "race" with someone that has either 280/290% while you have 310/320% and you'll see what I mean.
    Actually, the 10% doesn't make it 290/320. It's 10% on top of everything else. 100+310+10% = 451. Although, this thread is more focused on the SWTOR mounts.

Except for on the quests that you have to kill the mobs, you can skip like 90% of the mobs while doing dailies.