Deleted

LF Server with lots of cloth

Im leveling tailoring as the very last proffesion on 10 characters and tailoring have just proved to be a massive c*** block. On my server it would take atleast 25k gold and months of scouting the AH to get all the mageweave, rune, silk, frost and embersilk cloth that I need.

So im looking for a server that I can transfer my Alliance EU char to and buy all the cloth I need instantly from the AH.

the terrible way tailoring is designed, they force you to pay either at on of money or farm it yourself since the perk of more cloth drops comes with the profession. and yet, its impossible to level your professions while leveling. its just really poorly designed as the end game for WOTLK and they never adjusted it for practical leveling. i just leveled my tailoring through hours of farming
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Deleted
    There is no chance im going to farm all that cloth I would rather spend money on a server transfer to level it up.

It only takes about 2 and a half hours to get all the Frostweave and another 2 and a half hours to get all the Embersilk cloth you need, there are tons of spots to farm for the other cloth

Or you can transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Im leveling tailoring as the very last proffesion on 10 characters and tailoring have just proved to be a massive c*** block. On my server it would take atleast 25k gold and months of scouting the AH to get all the mageweave, rune, silk, frost and embersilk cloth that I need.

So im looking for a server that I can transfer my Alliance EU char to and buy all the cloth I need instantly from the AH.

I just recently levelled tailoring and enchanting on my mage on a medium-low pop server. Tailoring has been hard to level and I've been putting it off forever. Looking at the number of mats required has been a big turn off for a while. Especially the WTLK part. I only levelled tailoring because I was levelling enchanting and there were no strange dusts on the AH. And a few stacks that were on there were like 20G+ a stack. I simply levelled tailoring to 110 and levelled my enchanting my DE all those items till 60 and got stacks of strange dust from all those items. linen cloth was really cheap like 2-4G a stack.

So after levelling tailoring till 110 I was deciding on my 2nd profession. Had not decided on it yet. After a while I just said screw it and level tailoring. I would get to the roadblock when I get there was my rational then. Tailoring helped big time in levelling enchanting I should say.

However, most days I didn't find too many cloth on the AH. What I recommend is keep spamming Trade Chat. It was amazing how many people I found from Trade that were just sitting on stacks and stacks of cloth. Be prepared to simply spend a bit to level tailoring. I probably spent around 4-5K max to level tailoring tiill 425. I made all of that back from simply selling Transmogging sets and bags and this was before I even reached 450. Cataclysm was a bit easier over all.

Frostweave is going to be your biggest road block and you need like 700+ of them. WTLK mobs have a very low drop rate of cloth compared to Cataclysm. Even when they do drop, you will probably get 2-3 from a mob compared to 5-6 from Cataclysm mobs.

Yeah luckily I found people that were sitting on Frostweave cloth. However, another thing people will recommend farming Frostweave cloth in Icecrown where they have those rise soldiers with a quick spawn rate; don't even bother with those unless you really have an abundance of time. I tried it out and got less than a stack after farming for 15 minutes.

P.S Yeah so don't give up and server transfer. You will obviously just transfer back I am guessing. Look around, check with guildmates. I got most of my cloth from guild mates and the guild bank for 1/4 of the price than what it was on the AH. You may never know what you find. But I can truly say there is never enough cloth on the AH on any realm for that matter. I have low level alts on a couple of realms and I check the AH regularly just to gauge the price of items across realms and very few realms are stacked with cloth. There are a ton of low level mats but most of them are pretty expensive. For example wool is around 20G+ a stack so is silk. Netherweave on my old realm use to sell for 3-4G a stack currently sells for 20G+ on my current realm.

OP, any high populated servers with 40-50k auctions (Like 10 servers at best in EU with 40-50k) is good. Seems your also stuck on a dead realm ? I migrated off one this year, best decision I ever did, auction-house wise atleast.

Deleted
    Have you tried posting on trade or on your realm forums with a price for someone to farm it for you? You may have more luck that way than scouting the AH. I've seen people selling tailoring "packages" before.