Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind this lol, quoted the wrong person will fix when I find it. >.>
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

When your in a fight, the will to hurt the other person takes precedence over your personal safety.
    At least in my case and ive gotten into quite a few fights, all of which i would like to take back even though its good i stood up for myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    you can't debate with a game that sends you dragons via mail

Quote Originally Posted by Takanami View Post
    Not true. If you go outside you risk the chance of running into conflict. If you get gas, go to the bank or even the grocery store there is the risk of conflict. I'm sure there have been times for you, as there have been for most of us, that later in the evening you got hungry and decided to go pick up some fast food. There is a chance to run into trouble then as well. Unless you live in a bubble or are the luckiest person alive, there is always the chance for conflict. Even sitting at your computer screen there is a chance someone might want what you have and attempt to break in and get it. Even though these things may be remote and foreign to you, they are very real and happen to people at no fault of their own all the time.
    Did I word my statement badly? You are in total agreement with what I was attempting to say. My goal was to say that while one may be lucky and never get into a fight, conflict is unavoidable for the average person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Did I word my statement badly? You are in total agreement with what I was attempting to say. My goal was to say that while one may be lucky and never get into a fight, conflict is unavoidable for the average person.
    Nope, I clicked the wrong person to quote. Trying to find the right one. X_X
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    i cant stand up to fight cuz of the fear im gonna get punched in the face. i just protect my head with hands and shake terribly in fear. i hate that. i feel bad about myself. what if i had a girlfriend in need and i would just chicken out.

i dont wanna be a coward.
    Okay.... you are NOT a coward at all for just avoiding any physical confrontation.
    In fact, physical fight is the lowest of all actions. The majority of all ppl who are very well capable to defend themselves that way successfully will avoid that solution.
    If you had a girlfriend in need...
    Knowing you are 20 as you stated, trust me, females are very capable of defending themselves, even without physical force. The white knight in shining armor behavior doesn't really fly with most women. Most women want a friend and partner in you. If they want a father, they call their dad.

I say cherish your way. Develop the eye and feel for any possible trouble and live a life without violence. That's a lot more valuable than fighting.

It's probably safe to say that no one enjoys getting hit in the face (at least for their first time). A lot of things kind of factor into getting into a fight though to, if you're made enough and your adrenaline kicks in you won't feel it too much; unless you just get knocked out... Anyway don't fear about getting hit in the face!

I just ignore those comments. Anyone with brains realises that confict occurs and can be unavoidable, which makes their statements totally false.
    You guys are missing the whole point. That statement is not meant to be derogatory or to call someone dumb. And how can the reverse be true? You would rather use your fists if you could use brains? That is a one line statement that says a lot. If you use your brains you can get out of trouble a winner without ever a scratch. I cannot point enough examples:

1. The Art of War teaches you that the best way to win a war is to not having to it fight it at all.
    2. All forms of martial arts teaches self control and to not instigate violence.
    3. Who will ever win? Brains or Brawl?
    4. Even the army, cops or negotiators or whoever opt for executive action as the last resort.
    5. I read a story in high school where a fat private investigator who could not even move fast was able to get an assassin equipped and trained to kill jump off the hotel window to his death just by tricking him.
    6. There are numerous examples in nature where a predator fails because the prey is smarter.

What kind of a problem are you faced with or will ever be faced with? You can't do anything about it but have a bloody bare knuckle fight?

If you're telling me there's no option but to trade punches then I have to ask you to use your brains.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what. I think I misread something along the lines from the quote on the first page to yours that I replied to. After rereading what I quoted I thought I must have clicked the wrong one. However it seems I was just careless. Apologies! Just change that "Not true" to "True" and we are good. Thumbs up. Lol- my mistake.
    —Aristotle

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my school, you need to know how to deal a punch and how to take one.
    And before anyone says "People who can't use their brains, use their fists".
    If you bump into the wrong person here, he'll give you some smacks then you give some back and before you know it, half of the school is in.

Deleted
    Wow, you really going to try and disagree with grammar and spelling like that?
    never said i would be happy i know about it, and used to people pointing it out. boring if we all where born perfect. feeling big?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eklavya View Post
    You guys are missing the whole point. That statement is not meant to be derogatory or to call someone dumb. And how can the reverse be true? You would rather use your fists if you could use brains? That is a one line statement that says a lot. If you use your brains you can get out of trouble a winner without ever a scratch. I cannot point enough examples:

1. The Art of War teaches you that the best way to win a war is to not having to it fight it at all.
    2. All forms of martial arts teaches self control and to not instigate violence.
    4. Even the army, cops or negotiators or whoever opt for executive action as the last resort.
    5. I read a story in high school where a fat private investigator who could not even move fast was able to get an assassin equipped and trained to kill jump off the hotel window to his death just by tricking him.
    6. There are numerous examples in nature where a predator fails because the prey is smarter.

What kind of a problem are you faced with or will ever be faced with? You can't do anything about it but have a bloody bare knuckle fight?

If you're telling me there's no option but to trade punches then I have to ask you to use your brains.
    Not saying one should not use their brains, but sometimes it is the only option. There are unreasonable people, and sometimes the options are to fight, run away or just shoot the person. If the situation is so dire, extremes are often necessary. I'll give you two points, things experiences are rather close to me and are not as unique as one might imagine.

First. I used to go to church, and when I was younger there was a boy my age that I became good friends with. My mother was really good friends with his, known each other growing up, went shopping together all that fun stuff. And his sister would baby sit my little sister. The point is about how close I was to the situation. The fact that it can happen to anyone and I must say that if this turns out gibberish I apologize as it is not the easiest thing to write about.

To keep things to the point. His mother had a husband, obviously enough I suppose. But one night he gets drunk and decides for no clear reason to stab her to death. Someone like that, they can't be reasoned with. Sadly, the only people that were around in the situation didn't know what to do. I'm not saying that had there been someone around that had practiced fighting or self defense could have changed the situation, but its something that you think about. There is a chance he could have been stopped.. and my childhood friend would not be in jail for drugs and various other crimes. I feel so sorry for his sister, he is literally all she has left.

But secondly. The situation is similar, with a different outcome. Me and my cousins have always been something of a wild bunch. A lot of boys, so we love to fight and rough house. We have gotten into mixed martial arts and the like, local tournaments and the like. One of my aunts remarried last year. And this guy, who she loved and trusted decided he didn't like her attitude one day and decided to start beating her, and I don't mean just slapping her around either. Luckily, one of my cousins had decided to swing by and when he seen what was going on he stepped in. Admittedly he probably went to far by the accounts of some people. But when you walk in on your mother getting beaten, your not gonna hold back. He was able to get the situation under control, and keep it that way until the authorities arrived. Had he not shown up the story might have ended very tragically.
    —Aristotle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eklavya View Post

why waste my time on the young talking like you at every bar? know it all and want to talk about it for hours only to 5-10 years later knowing u where a stupid teen.
    and then the other one just like rest, but this one is big mouth gangsta kid wana fight everyone. most ignore him i dont, next time he knows his place.

Deleted
    Being hit in the face hurts, but try being hit in the kidneys.....

Just have someone you trust punch you in the face a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    Learn to not get yourself in those situations.
    That's easier said then done, can you honestly say that you have had an active social life for like 5 years and never ran into trouble? That's about as likely as Steve Jobs rising from the grave and putting a remake of the Iphone 4S on the market and call it the Iphone 4SSJ.

OT: Just get used to it, didn't you ever play sports? You should get used to it a bit like that, ask a friend to keep throwing a ball at your face until your reflexes let you dodge it instead of blocking it with your hands! (Not sure if this will really work)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Homies View Post
    When your in a fight, the will to hurt the other person takes precedence over your personal safety.
    At least in my case and ive gotten into quite a few fights, all of which i would like to take back even though its good i stood up for myself.
    this is more like i wanted to say. skill to fight and to endure pain ½ after fight start comes natural to some people, if you are very far from being one work up the skill to read the big mouth kids and avoid. the real fighters dont fight a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    That's easier said then done, can you honestly say that you have had an active social life for like 5 years and never ran into trouble? That's about as likely as Steve Jobs rising from the grave and putting a remake of the Iphone 4S on the market and call it the Iphone 4SSJ.

OT: Just get used to it, didn't you ever play sports? You should get used to it a bit like that, ask a friend to keep throwing a ball at your face until your reflexes let you dodge it instead of blocking it with your hands! (Not sure if this will really work)
    Yeah, some people start trouble as a hobby. Its difficult to escape a situation if some dick is determined to start a fight because he thinks it is fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Sorry but saying you can talk your way out of a fight is not always possible. I don't talk shit, I don't instigate, and never have I ever thrown the first punch. Yet, I have been in well over a dozen fights in my life. I don't lose control once the fight starts either as soon as the other person has had enough I stop. I was have been bigger than average in size since I was 15 and people always want to test themselves against the big guy. For instance I don't see how I could avoid the fight I got into the one night where the dumb ass frat boy walked up to me in the street and hit me in the face without saying a word. I hit him twice and it was over, he ran off after his buddies, I didn't chase after him even though I was pretty pissed I just got cold cocked for absolutely no reason except being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Yeah, some people start trouble as a hobby. Its difficult to escape a situation if some dick is determined to start a fight because he thinks it is fun.

your lady is more likley to hit harder then those boys. girls are ewil

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GrowuP View Post
    your lady is more likley to hit harder then those boys. girls are ewil
    I agree, women can be vicious in a fight. Some men shy away from using teeth and nails in a fight, women don't.