Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    No because Powertech just does NOT compare to Arsenal mercs. Their heat management is terrible in comparison as well as their numbers. Current raid content is a joke and is no way to judge how well a class/spec does. It is okay to be Powertech in a casual environment when DPSing, but if you're looking into hardcore progression is just is not viable.
    SNIPERS WILL ALWAYS RUN OUT OF ENERGY FASTER THAN SCOUNDRELS
    ASSASSINS WILL ALWAYS RUN OUT FORCE FASTER THAN SORCS

See, I can also spout off nonsense.

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...ompendium#iiib
    If you're Advanced Prototype and you're running out of heat, you're doing it wrong.
    It does not have heat issues. I have never overheated during a boss and have never stopped my DPS. Sure, you can't spam flame blast, but you're not supposed to. The tree provides auto-heat management as well as a simple, quick cooldown heat decreaser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KvanCetre View Post
    SNIPERS WILL ALWAYS RUN OUT OF ENERGY FASTER THAN SCOUNDRELS
    ASSASSINS WILL ALWAYS RUN OUT FORCE FASTER THAN SORCS

See, I can also spout off nonsense.

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...ompendium#iiib
    If you're Advanced Prototype and you're running out of heat, you're doing it wrong.
    It does not have heat issues. I have never overheated during a boss and have never stopped my DPS. Sure, you can't spam flame blast, but you're not supposed to. The tree provides auto-heat management as well as a simple, quick cooldown heat decreaser.
    Yeah, its heat management consists of 'not doing sufficient DPS'. Sorry, but doing normal modes and saying 'see its good' doesn't count. You will not see any high end raiding guilds using pyrotech or advanced prototype as a DPS slot. Its just not going to happen.

Take it from someone who is IN a high end guild. The numbers are just not with the spec. Surely it can do fine enough in Story Mode or HM Flashpoints, but other than that- it would just be a waste of a spot. Not only is this game not so melee friendly, you want to play a melee spec that doesn't even put out comparable DPS.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-04-12 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    Well it's pretty easy to tell that a Concealment Op is pretty awful for PVE. Just compare some of the DPS skills.

Your Backstab damage is pretty around the same damage as Grav Round except that you're melee, have position requirements and have a 9 (soon to be 12) second cooldown on it. Grav Round has a large range, a 1.5s cast timer, grants substantial buffs and debuffs.

Your Hidden Strike damage is around the damage of a Demolition Round except that you have to be in stealth, in melee, and position requirement. In effect your best damage ability is on a 2min CD by using your vanish. (Impossible for fights like Council)
    Demolition Round has a 15s CD and needs 3 Grav Rounds prior to deal maximum damage.

Your filler attack (Laceration) that deal modest damage (like 2k crits) require Tactical Advantage which is achieved by using your Shiv which hits like a wet noodle. Your Trooper just needs to keep Grav Rounding, Full Autoing, Demo Rounding and HIBing (All of those deal significant damage unlike your fillers) to victory.

Also, with no gap closer you suck on fights like Soa.
    You can't just compare like that as operatives will have dots ticking too. This is why logs are required.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    You can't just compare like that as operatives will have dots ticking too. This is why logs are required.
    Every log I've seen on the PTS places Scrappers and Concealment Ops at the bottom. They are the least desired melee which are already undesirable at the moment. Their 400~ damage per tick dots do not make up for the huge damage and cooldown discrepancies of different class skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the logs, for a 5min duration- just did 1480 DPS on my Merc on a target dummy. Wasn't even a true rotation since I was just doing whatever to put numbers out. I bet I ca nhit 1600. That just shows these logs suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    do all rep classes have a counter part that would have comparable damage, since I'm a tele sage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    do all rep classes have a counter part that would have comparable damage, since I'm a tele sage?
    Yes. Sorcerer would be your counterpart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Sorcerer would be your counterpart.
    I knew that, but madness or lightning?

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew that, but madness or lightning?
    Madness is the shared tree. It would be Lightning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Madness is the shared tree. It would be Lightning.
    Well that makes me sad lightning looks way worse than madness

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that makes me sad lightning looks way worse than madness
    Don't go by that list. Its terrible. Their Arsenal Merc is at 1250 dps and I just basically did 1500 JUST TESTING how ACT was working. I can probably get up to 1600 on my merc. The people who did these logs are terrible- like I said- I know them personally.