Anyone have experience with pre-workout supplements?

I've been on a steady diet and workout regimen for the last 3 months or so and lost 24 pounds now. I started using the Cellucor C4 (orange) about 2 months ago and I've just stopped because it was losing its edge. Has anyone else tried any decent pre-workout stuff? Obviously I've heard of Jack3d and N.O. Xplode, but there are tons out there and I'd (and i'm sure others) love to hear more about your experiences on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman21788 View Post
    I've been on a steady diet and workout regimen for the last 3 months or so and lost 24 pounds now. I started using the Cellucor C4 (orange) about 2 months ago and I've just stopped because it was losing its edge. Has anyone else tried any decent pre-workout stuff? Obviously I've heard of Jack3d and N.O. Xplode, but there are tons out there and I'd (and i'm sure others) love to hear more about your experiences on them.
    I liked using Jack3d but you will run into the same issues as Cellucor where you build a resistance to it. Ive been using Craze and its pretty awesome, even if it tastes like arse.

I also used craze BUT after a while on it i started having crazy weird dreams..... stopped using that. xP

I haven't heard of Craze... I bought a new one to try out in a few weeks called Alarm. It's supposed to taste a lot like watered down Kool Aid, and be much more concentrated than the C4. I'm actually taking the Cellucor Super HD (thermogenic) at the moment.. that stuff really gets you pumped for the gym.

Deleted
    I've used Jack3D and NO Xplode and built a resistance myself as well. There is a great shop over here in Holland and to be fair, I prefer their own brand over a lot of the well known brands. Often they taste better and I get better results and the prices are good. Will probally be pretty expensive to order outside Holland and Belgium but I use the following combination (and previously I also used their PWP): (not allowed to post urls)

Currently using: www DOT bodyenfitshop DOT nl/combinatie-voordeel/body-fit-sportsnutrition/super-duo
    PWP: www DOT bodyenfitshop DOT nl/energie-producten/body-fit-sportsnutrition/pre-workout-power

Quote Originally Posted by Gman21788 View Post
    You stopped 2 months ago? Like completely? Your resistance will have dropped by now, and you can take it again with no problem and not be any kind of resistant to it. This is just a thermogenic? Your body gets used to caffeine after a while, they say on the bottle of any thermogenic not to take it past a certain amount of weeks in a row, then you have to stop for like a month. You have to reset your bodies immunities to these things. When I finish with my OxyElitePro, I'm resetting my resistance to caffeine completely. To reset: Stop taking it for 2 weeks to a month, and then you'll be fine.

Don't just buy a higher concentration of a thermogenic, you're just going to wreck your body. You need to completely reset your immunities. Don't take ANY pre-workout supplement, don't take ANY caffeine for a full month. Just take in normal food and maybe a protein shake post workout, and then after a month, start taking it again.
    Last edited by Demonakat; 2012-04-08 at 07:10 PM. Reason: double post

Deleted
    Not into all the bodybuilding but my little bro is and hes doing really well.I know he used something called Jack3D or something like that he said it was like a legal anphetamine >.> really got him hyped up.

BCAA powder only if I'm training fasted. Other than that, I consume "actual" food around 2 hours before my work out. I never have a bad lifting day when eating the proper grub .. unless I've had a terrible night sleep.
    From what I heard about Jack3d, I wouldn't trust it.
    Last edited by handsdown; 2012-04-09 at 11:07 PM.
    you fill my lungs with sweetness & you fill my head with you.

Quote Originally Posted by handsdown View Post
    BCAA powder only if I'm training fasted. Other than that, I consume "actual" food around 2 hours before my work out. I never have a bad lifting day when eating the proper grub .. unless I've had a terrible night sleep.
    From what I heard about Jack3d, I wouldn't trust it.

More people need to do what you do. They go about munching down thermogenics to "get the most out of a workout" and they don't even know what it does. You can get MORE energy just eating properly.

I've used Jack3d, N.O. Explode, Amplified Muscle Igniter, N.O. Shotgun, and others... my favorite by far is 1MR.

It's crazy, gave me the best workouts, most energy, crazy pump, and I wanted to workout for hours.

*You do HAVE to cycle your preworkouts, go through a tub, take a month off, then get back on it. Best way to do it.

I'd never heard of any of this sort of stuff (though I'm not really into bodybuilding either), so I googled Jack3d to see what it was about. First link shows me this
    Military Customers: Due to the recent precautionary request that Army and Air Force Exchange Service stores discontinue selling products containing DMAA, products containing DMAA will no longer be shipped to APO/FPO/DPO addresses.
    Sounds safe.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    I'd never heard of any of this sort of stuff (though I'm not really into bodybuilding either), so I googled Jack3d to see what it was about. First link shows me this
    Sounds safe.
    I couple of soldiers died in February and they had PWO sups in their system. They haven't found a direct connection between DMAA but the DOD put a stop to any orders of the stuff just to be safe.

DMAA gets put in party drugs too and is extremely dangerous in that regard. It appears safe when used in recommended dosages but again, caveat emptor. Supplement companies in the US have little to no regulation at all and they can say pretty much whatever they want without solid scientific backing. DMAA may go the way of Ephedra.

Oh, and BCAAs are bullshit.

^ Not if you train fasted they don't seem to be (in response to BCAAs)
    If you already ate your proper quantity of protein, then yes, they are worthless.
    you fill my lungs with sweetness & you fill my head with you.

Quote Originally Posted by handsdown View Post
    ^ Not if you train fasted they don't seem to be (in response to BCAAs)
    If you already ate your proper quantity of protein, then yes, they are worthless.
    Isn't the only reason to train fasted to get ready for body building competitions and lower that BF% as low as possible?
    Sad thing is, most people just don't understand what they're taking/how to take it properly. So when their body starts the natural resistance to this junk, they take more and more and it kills their liver (usually liver, sometimes other organs) or they switch to something stronger, instead of doing what is ON THE BOTTLE of the stuff and just get off of it for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    Isn't the only reason to train fasted to get ready for body building competitions and lower that BF% as low as possible?
    Sad thing is, most people just don't understand what they're taking/how to take it properly. So when their body starts the natural resistance to this junk, they take more and more and it kills their liver (usually liver, sometimes other organs) or they switch to something stronger, instead of doing what is ON THE BOTTLE of the stuff and just get off of it for a month.
    Not necessarily.

I usually train in the mornings. I also fast intermittently (usually do a 24+ hour fast once a month).

Then again I also don't really dig the idea of pre-workout supplements. I usually just eat some strawberries/pineapple/other berries ~15 minutes before my workout.
    Usually does the trick for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    Sounds safe.
    Its more for the urine tests we take, some pre workout supplements interfere or give false positives in Drug tests and that can really screw over a good soldier who is just actively trying to get in better shape.