Disc or Holy for 5man ?

I'm trying to get bether gear to start raiding but I'm wondering if holy wouldn't be bether then Disc for 5man heroics ?

In my experience Disc is a lot better for 5 mans and also for nearly every raid situation.

Disc if you have the gear for it, as you can help dps (if you are using atonement)

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc is better for 5mans. You can just shield a little, spam your atonement smites and emergency heal from time to time.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

10+ Year Old Account
    To everyone above saying one is better than the other: news flash. You're wrong.

It really doesn't matter. 5 mans are a total joke at this point. I would suggest holy, since Power Word: Barrier will be awfully useless, while Divine Hymn can more than make up for player error in a bad situation. Further, Holy offers pretty awesome flexibility based off your situation, and its fairly easy to roll renews in a 5 man group. Guardian Spirit is better than Pain Sup, again, in that it will actually erase player (read: healer) error by keeping the tank alive as opposed to PS, which will only mitigate damage and still require you to be more than just active.

Again, it really won't matter what you choose. You have to have or develop the knack for keeping people alive, and its completely doable in either spec. Ultimately, your comfort level is going to dictate which of the two works best for you.

If you are looking for serious end game raiding, youll need to be acclimated with both specs. Raid leaders get huge boners over disc for whatever reason, but both specs are extremely useful in current content based on the fight. I think disc is a shitty playstyle, but I can't deny its effectiveness over holy in some scenarios. However, I'm objective enough to know that both specs are great.
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2012-04-07 at 03:20 AM.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Well I don't think 5man heroic are a joke ATM because poeple come here with their alt thinking they can go rambo, We whiped 8time before the first boss in Throne of the tide because nobody could assist or stay out of the green lol.
    Last edited by Varlak; 2012-04-07 at 03:27 AM.

I started as holy, but then swapped to disc found it a lot easier when you have a low mana pool at first, and ended up staying disc for raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    Well I don't think 5man heroci are a joke ATM because poeple come here with their alt thinking they can go rambo, We whiped 8time before the first boss in Throne of the tide because nobody could assist or stay out of the green lol.
    That doesn't make them any less of a joke, it just means they are awful players. Alts should just mean lower dps or less threat/defensive cooldown use. Standing in green slime just makes you mildly retarded

Sorry, i know that comes off as elitist but its the truth. Either spec will keep a group alive. It all comes down to your personal comfort level.

---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 03:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zefini View Post
    I started as holy, but then swapped to disc found it a lot easier when you have a low mana pool at first, and ended up staying disc for raiding
    I healed as holy the entire beginning of Cataclysm, when tanks and dps were in greens/blues, and so was I. And this was all pre-nerf, when heroics were actually challenging. Disc definitely has less mana problems for a more careless playstyle, in the sense that when I play disc i can basically do whatever I want and get away with it, whereas holy requires you to make more fine-tuned decisions. I'll give you that.

---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 03:29 AM ----------
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2012-04-07 at 03:34 AM.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to agree with ramennoodleking. Unless something has drastically changed, both specs should be fine.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I use Disc for 5 mans and Holy for raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone in this thread saying disc over holy makes me truly believe it's a preference thing, because I can't stand healing 5 mans as disc, holy every time for me. Raids it's also a choice, but I personally still prefer holy.

As someone already answered in the official forums, Blood DK is the best healing specc around. Gogo Blood!

If you still wish to play a priest healer, run with whatever spec you like the most.
    It shouldn't matter, and the fact that it doesn't matter means Blizzard did their job this time around.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

I'm Holy for both raids and 5 mans, it comes down to a personal preference.

Deleted
    By the time you're in raiding gear (read; able to enter lfr) and all you're doing is 5mans I really have to suggest disc with atonement.
    Not because holy is bad, it's perfectly viable and there's nothing wrong with healing as holy. The advantage to disc is with an average group you can increase the group dps output by ~15%. I'm not sure of the scaling of smite but in my current gear I can cheese through around 20k dps on a stand and nuke boss whilst rolling the occasional shield to keep someone alive. It just makes stuff faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    Well I don't think 5man heroic are a joke ATM because poeple come here with their alt thinking they can go rambo, We whiped 8time before the first boss in Throne of the tide because nobody could assist or stay out of the green lol.
    i dare to think that in such a party it really wont matter if youre holy or disc

as other people stated, both specs are viable, question might be, which one do you like/play better? ^^

Deleted
    Contrary to what ramennoodleking said, Disc is easier/more efficient, and thus better for 5mans when gearing up.

When you have sufficient gear, then whichever you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathogenesis View Post
    Contrary to what ramennoodleking said, Disc is easier/more efficient, and thus better for 5mans when gearing up.

When you have sufficient gear, then whichever you prefer.

I actually found holy to be significantly easier to keep up groups with in the begining of Cata.

Nothing extemely major has changed since then (slight regen nerf to Holy, shield buff for disc)

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like the holy/disc thread all over again,
    Both are easy to play especially in a five man. I would hint towards disc because it'll be more mana friendly on you with less gear but 5 mans are pretty simple anyway, at the end of the day just take advantage of all your cooldowns if your struggling.
    GL Gearing
    TLDR: BOTH ARE FINE