Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Just mentioning that you can no longer Sidekick up (only down).

anyone know why the guild wars insider website is asking me for a login info? like the site is blocked rite now or somethin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    The fun thing is, how many boxes do they need to sell to get the profit needed? or, get the game paid?
    Imagine if they get enough people to pre-purchase to get enough money to get the game paid, and then release it buggy and not smooth at all?=) Wouldn't really be any worries for them, and they will get some additional boxes sold by release... added to profit, and they can take their time on "fixing" things... have a "big fix" patch when "it's ready" and get a bunch of more people buying the game.
    Hehe, they can do it in our faces if they want to :P I mean, get people buying a game that they don't know when it will be released, that's good marketing :P
    It would be bad buissness move.
    Game is build with cash shop profits in mind too. So even if boxes will cover game development cost and give some profit, Anet and NCsoft rly want get game running and be popular enough to generate profits from cash shop.
    You can see how much bad rep SWTOR got. And SWTOR have behind him Star Wars name and fanbase and Bioware reputation.
    Anet is in worse situation because a lot of game hype is based on Anet reuptation as good game developer who will relase high quality game. And so far they had only GW1 as their big title.
    If they cant meet that exceptions, then GW2 might fall into no sub = bad quality category for a lot gamers (which is missconception but often used to bash no sub MMOs).

I rly doubt Anet will make any shady moves etc. I dont belive they making everything out of good of their hearts liek their marketign trying sell it, but I belive that its just in their best interest as company to relase best polished game instead of rushing.
    Last edited by mmoc3219a733ae; 2012-04-08 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by K0tY View Post
    Sorry, but what are you pulling our of your a** ? How no sub cost is a bad quality mark ?
    They sayd that they do not need monthly sub cost, that theyre main revue will come from cash shop and often DLCs, the same model as GuildWars1 had, and look, its still here after 8+ years, nobody complains.

And the whole stuff about how they need to sell X Y Z otherwise they will turn to cash shop for profit is such fawn BS.
    If you dont believe Anet and do not want this game, that is ok, but stop pulling random nonsense facts out of nowhere. If you want to bash this game for its marketing even before you see any real buy/preorder numbers, then please do it on some random forum about gardening, not here.
    Try read mine post, if I wrote soemthing not clear I can try make it more clear if you ask but dont turn it exactly 100% oposite then what I said.
    Plus check post to which I answered etc before you are starting your 100% pointless and stupid rage bashing.

Christ, sometimes I feel like ppl are loosing ability to read and understendwhat they read.

here I fixed misspelling plus added clarify so maybe now you will understend it better :
    "If they cant meet that exceptions, then GW2 might fall into no sub = bad quality category for a lot gamers (which is missconception but often used to bash no sub MMOs)."
    Last edited by mmoc3219a733ae; 2012-04-08 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanrei View Post
    Game is build with cash shop profits in mind too. So even if boxes will cover game development cost and give some profit, Anet and NCsoft rly want get game running and be popular enough to generate profits from cash shop.
    It's not really about the cash shop. It's that they want to keep as many people interested in the game as possible for future expacs and campaigns or whatever they release.

There are plenty of people who, like me, never bothered to buy any campaigns for GW1, or the expansion, simply because the original game didn't interest them enough.

That's where that misconception of "no sub = low quality" needs to end. Because no subscription actually gives more incentive to release a quality game the moment it's released.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    It's not really about the cash shop. It's that they want to keep as many people interested in the game as possible for future expacs and campaigns or whatever they release.

There are plenty of people who, like me, never bothered to buy any campaigns for GW1, or the expansion, simply because the original game didn't interest them enough.

That's where that misconception of "no sub = low quality" needs to end. Because no subscription actually gives more incentive to release a quality game the moment it's released.
    Eh dont tell me you missunderstood mine post too.

I agree generaly with you. And I think too that "no sub=low quality" is wrong too. It was example of bad rep which could happen if Tea's theory was right.

Tea made some theory for fun (I doubt he rly think that it could happen), I answered why I think Anet wouldnt do anything like Tea said.
    In short, they wouldnt take ppls money and then relased not finished product because thats bad buissnes move for them. That was mine point. Other stuff was to explain why I think that.

ZZZ rly it getting messy, so even more clear. If one think I was bashing Anet or GW2 then he missunderstood what I wrote, either because of mine crap english or he dont read/trying get mine point.
    Mine point was "Anet wont behave bad because that against their interst, and I belive they will try relase as polished game as possible for both theirs and players benefits when game is ready"

Its like person mention some stuff in post, and then it trigger for ppl automatic reaction without checking in what context words were used.
    Last edited by mmoc3219a733ae; 2012-04-08 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanrei View Post
    Eh dont tell me you missunderstood mine post too.
    No, I understood it. My post has nothing to do with anybody else's response.

I was just saying that ANet actually needs to work harder to produce a high quality game at launch and have a strong first impression, or else they're not going to make as much money in future expacs/campaigns. It has nothing at all to do with the cash shop.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    No, I understood it. My post has nothing to do with anybody else's response.

I was just saying that ANet actually needs to work harder to produce a high quality game at launch and have a strong first impression, or else they're not going to make as much money in future expacs/campaigns. It has nothing at all to do with the cash shop.
    Yea I got it now, thanks for clarify still.