Poll: What size is your weekly guild raid group?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Guild Raid Size Poll: 25-Man vs. 10-Man

Only for players that raid in an organized guild group at least once a week:

What size is your group?

Please refrain from voting in the poll if you do not raid with a guild group at least once a week.

Discuss below why you choose to raid in that size.
    Last edited by Maester; 2012-04-07 at 06:40 PM.

10man less lag more focus pr person in 10man. nuff said!

Deleted
    10Man. Closer knit group. Depending on fewer persons.

Deleted
    10 man due to the size of our guild, also easier to form a solid core group.

We run 2 10 man teams during the week.

It's just easier for us to form it up plus gives us more one on one time to help players weak spots...maybe one day we'll form a 25 man team, but for now we're sticking with 2 10 man teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    25man, a lot more fun imo.

This information is available at http://www.wowprogress.com, this seems like an extremely unnecessary census.

10 man, close group of people/less of a problem getting people online/We all agree that each person feels they have a bigger impact when it comes to the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    This information is available at http://www.wowprogress.com, this seems like an extremely unnecessary census.
    Just gonna quote something from the OP that makes it a bit more "focused" than wowprogress.

Discuss below why you choose to raid in that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    Right he couldn't possibly want to know what his fellow posters/peers on this board do and why. Wow progress sure does inform users as to why they prefer 10/25 mans.

The people who don't meet your requirement of raiding once a week with a guild group is going to vote anyway, since they can't see the results otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    The people who don't meet your requirement of raiding once a week with a guild group is going to vote anyway, since they can't see the results otherwise.
    View results works fine for me, and I haven't voted, yet.

10 man. Guild is too small to field a 25 man. we would be pugging over half of it if we did 25 mans.

Smaller close nit group.
    we are all good friends.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    25M

Benefits include:
    -not having to worry about having all the raidbuffs (although we have very few supplying +10% sp)
    -a necessity for a well organized leadership, usually translating to pretty solid leadership in sucessful 25M guilds
    -tonnes of fun on vent/forums/raid/gchat

25 man

-Want to compete/see how I match up against the top players in the world.
    -Feels more like a raid to me. 10 man just seems too intimate for me.
    -I feel as if 25 man is harder, reasons not worth going into debate about, there are plenty of threads.
    -Most top raiders don't look twice at 10 man.
    -I feel twice as accomplished when I kill a boss in 25 as compared to 10.
    -Social aspect, I find most 10 man guilds are dead outside of raid times, I like to log in for more than just raiding.

I raid 10 man. There's a many reasons to this;

-Easier to get a tight core
    -A better overview for a RL in a raid
    -Limited CR's
    -A more epic feeling when downing a boss. (I tried 25 man raiding, and it just didn't feel epic at all, not like it did in Wrath)

I will say that I miss competing against another player from my own class, which can be done in 25 man raiding. It's rare you put 2x hunters in a 10 man grp.

Deleted
    None, if 10/25 remains and especially as it is during MoP it will mean that raiding will continue to decline.
    I prefer 25 but 10/25 will only harm raiding further.

Deleted
    I'm a 10 man raider and I love it more than 25 man because of the following:
    1. Everyone gets to know each other and we have so much fun together.
    2. It's not as stressful or as hard to lead so our raid leader is most of the time calm and nice which leads to a more positive performance from all the raid.
    3. Easier to organize.
    4. Feels like you actually do something in the raid group, in my opinion, on a 25 man raid, if a guy falls a bit behind then it's not game over for the team, as there are more ppl there to cover the mistakes of a single person as well as lots of CRs.

At least for my guild, we raid 1-2 nights a week, and feel that every member of our core group makes a big influence for tackling progression. We feel that the difficulty in 10m comes from individual player skill while in 25m the difficulty comes in logistics. Most of our raid core has played 25m in every aspect of end game since TBC (most have been a part of realm firsts) up to H-rag and decided that instead of carrying 5-7 people we'd rather just play with great players and have more fun.

Deleted
    I raided 25 man up to about 2 weeks or so. I actually like that more alot more. More people, more loot, more fun on vent, etc etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiuri View Post
    instead of carrying 5-7 people we'd rather just play with great players and have more fun.
    I totally get that, I've been in a similar position; however, if you get a 25M raid with basically no people in need of carrying it's quite awesome. Just my personal oppinion of course!

---------- Post added 2012-04-08 at 12:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buutch View Post
    I raided 25 man up to about 2 weeks or so. I actually like that more alot more. More people, more loot, more fun on vent, etc etc.
    Nice guildname, made me lol! "I EN TUNNA"