Poll: What size is your weekly guild raid group?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The social aspect of a 25 man raid can't be touched. If 25s are abandoned and we'd have to choose less than half our team to play with I'd probably rather quit. 10 mans are boring easy raids for gearing alts.

Also, having to carry players sounds like a leadership problem.

25 man. 10 mans just feel like dungeons, and not even heroic dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by frontfleezy View Post
    The social aspect of a 25 man raid can't be touched. If 25s are abandoned and we'd have to choose less than half our team to play with I'd probably rather quit. 10 mans are boring easy raids for gearing alts.

I disagree when you say that 10 mans are boring easy raids.

Sure, they are easier to organize. But I think when it comes down to difficulty of boss fights, they are very similar. In some fights, 25 man is a little bit more difficult, but in other fights 10 man is a little bit more difficult.

I know there's a huge debate about which one is easier, but the fact is they are meant to be of the same difficulty and I think we can agree that the scaling is done pretty well.

Did raid 25 man a few months back, before I went inactive. My Guild pretty much stopped raiding 25 man because we didn't find any members, there were always some people leaving and slowly the whole guild just disbanded. Some of us just joined other guilds or stayed and started to do 10 mans. Thats one of the reasons why I started to raid 10 mans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    25 man

-Want to compete/see how I match up against the top players in the world.
    -Feels more like a raid to me. 10 man just seems too intimate for me.
    -I feel as if 25 man is harder, reasons not worth going into debate about, there are plenty of threads.
    -Most top raiders don't look twice at 10 man.
    -I feel twice as accomplished when I kill a boss in 25 as compared to 10.
    -Social aspect, I find most 10 man guilds are dead outside of raid times, I like to log in for more than just raiding.

I've raided both and I enjoy both, each size has it's own challenges and unique points, currently raiding 10man. 10 man guilds seem to have stronger communities from my experiences and it is one of the reasons I prefer them.
    Last edited by mmocd006838e84; 2012-04-09 at 01:18 PM.

25man. Why? Because I'm a resto Shaman.

25 man - and I'd love to go back to 40's if we could. Just the social aspect alone is reason enough. For me, more people meant (and means) more fun!

Deleted
    10man, just cause more people in our guild prefer 10m over 25m.

I should add that we have 5 groups, with our group being the least hardcore one I believe (only 2 raid nights).
    Last edited by mmoc7168d263de; 2012-04-09 at 01:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A 10 man with the feel of a 25 man guild. we have 3 10 man groups that split from being 1 25 man guild.

Sig by the amazing Shyama! <Ascension 16/16 H 25man oceanic>

I prefer 10man, been in a 25 man group, and honestly didn't like it that much. in the 10man group you pretty much know everyone personally, which puts that bit of extra pressure on you to perform well.

I am a guild leader who has run a 40 man, 25 man and 10 man guild and 10 man is 100% the way to go
    - Better computer performance
    - Guild management is not a burden
    - Individuals are held to a higher standard for their performance (not carrying anyone)
    - No revolving door on players due to the constant recruitment required by 25 man
    - More intimate/friendly environment

Both have their pros and cons, there is no answer for this as it DEPENDS on the given circumstances/situation. For example:

- 25mans offer more of a challenge in terms of competition with other players, since there's more than just one of your class' specs and etc. This means you compete against more people in the raid which gives you a bigger scope of the picture on DPS/healing in your guild as there is more players to compare with.

- 25mans offer a more lively and rampant atmosphere due to the amount of people around, which is seen as another big thing for those who like to play with others (not saying 10 doesn't offer this, but it just means 25s tend to be more lively)

However, 10's offers:

- a more tight-knit formation that removes some of the distrust away from players since you know more about your players inside out

- easier to organize and co-ordinate since you have significantly less players

in the end, it comes down to the best interests of the guild since you can't really tell a group of 10-15 irl friends to go 25man if they don't want to etc
    Personally, I've always preferred 25mans not because I am against 10mans, but because they offer more challenge and let you compete against more players better. I see people on WoL get ranked easier on 10s than 25s, and that's just one of the many reasons why I like 25mans more. I can't see myself being the only hunter in a raid for example, as I want to compete against 2 others of similar caliber. 10mans just won't offer that, and whilst I respect its advantages and all, I play to be competitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    10m. Easier to get it up and going.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

25. I just find that as a DPS 25 man is better, it feels more competitive. I would 10m on my Blood DK though.

It takes a really pro group of individuals for me to want to 10 man. And I don't just mean that they know how to play their characters.

10m because of slackers, we want to get back to 25 when people start showing again.

10+ Year Old Account
    25s. 10s feel too empty to me and less like an actual raid.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

25m, however I wish it was 15.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to think our 25m group is nearly as tight knit as some of the most tight knit 10m groups out there. Most of us have been raiding together for 1-2 years now and we have no plan on stopping. You just don't get the same community vibe in 10m groups.

In 25m if a small fraction of the group wants to go run some achievements there is enough people around to go do a 10m and have some shits and giggles, but in a 10m there just isn't enough players for that kind of thing to happen as often. 10m guilds are just to small in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by frontfleezy View Post
    If 25s are abandoned and we'd have to choose less than half our team to play with I'd probably rather quit. 10 mans are boring easy raids for gearing alts.

It goes both ways, if 10s were to be abandoned we'd have to find 15 people to fill our raid which we would never do and we'd all quit.

10s being easy is just a perception error, they sound easy to you cause you've done the 25 man version over and over. Start a tier with a 10 man crew and it won't be "boring easy".

Unless we're talking of a top 10 guild or something, every raid carries people. No exception. Leadership can only lower the amount of carried people, but it'll never reach 0.

This topic is only a matter of preference. We have a tight group, the extra 15 would never fit in, we don't care about comparing to top guilds, and we don't want to manage recruitment. Easy choice for us.

10 man because we can't get the people for 25 on the dead end that is darkspear US horde.