Thread: 3 min vanish

Page 1 of 12
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    3 min vanish

    Atm we have 2min vanish, is this ANOTHER nerf or is there a way to reduce it to 2? same goes with CLoS. 2 min in MoP and 1,5 now

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 09:21 PM ----------

    someone reply!?

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-08 at 12:33 AM ----------

    150 views and no replies? wtf?
    Last edited by nightstalkerr; 2012-04-07 at 07:21 PM.

  2. #2
    i admit it, I clicked on this thread 150 times
    -== Worgen Rageface makes me laugh ==-

  3. #3
    High Overlord Bozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    is this ANOTHER nerf ?
    Yes, it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    is there a way to reduce?
    No, there isn´t.

  4. #4
    I don't understand, non-Sub rogues already have a 3 minute Vanish. Do you mean that there isn't an implemented way (on the Beta) for Sub rogues to make Vanish into a 2 minute CD yet?
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    Rogue - Warlock

  5. #5
    yes its another nerf. we also have 2 minute cloak/combat readiness, and 3 minute blind

    sub also loses puncturing wounds so no increased crit chance/damage on backstab and ambush. in other words sub has been gutted

  6. #6
    Im sure you will still be just as competitive as you rogues are now. To be honest rogues are very durable and push lots of pressure, im surprised you didnt see a nerf coming.

  7. #7
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrophobe View Post
    Im sure you will still be just as competitive as you rogues are now. To be honest rogues are very durable and push lots of pressure, im surprised you didnt see a nerf coming.
    bolded part. Rogues are nerfed across the board pretty much. Longer vanish cd, blind cd, clos/readiness, no backstab crit, no prep & shadowstep, no double cloud etc etc..

    I know Rogues will still be competitive, no matter what Blizzard do. Still annoying though. Starting to feel like just another warrior class, where your only option is to train a single target..

  8. #8
    High Overlord Bozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    Starting to feel like just another warrior class, where your only option is to train a single target..
    We´re not gonna be able to train anything because we´ll snared and rooted to death.
    It´s far from any possibility to kill a hunter/warlock/mage/random plate class and even shadow priest.
    I tried in lots of duels with srs players. you´ll shít bricks if you ever see that self healing of a hunter/warlock right now.
    On plate I hit 6k ambush crits with Stage3... kind of funny.

    Like i said.. if ur a pvp player --- burry your rogue.
    And I dare anybody to say "IT´S JUST BETA" !!! With the announcement of MoP I told everybody rogues gonna be fck´d up... and all I´ve heard was:
    "Dude, it´s pre alpha.. wait till Beta.. it´s gonna be good.. -.-

  9. #9
    Wow, people complain a lot.
    If you haven't noticed how buffed we are getting then you are blind.
    Shadow Blades *New* Draw upon the surrounding shadows to empower your weapons, causing your auto-attacks to deal pure Shadow damage and your combo-point-generating abilties to generate an additional combo point when used. Lasts 12 sec. 3 min cooldown, Instant
    Rogues are fine. If you are good you will learn to adapt and play the class better then the rest. We are not going to be broken.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-08 at 02:57 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Bozzy View Post
    On plate I hit 6k ambush crits with Stage3... kind of funny.
    Yep, you don't know how to play, I hit 12k with Fear/Vengeance. Stop lying.
    I'll tear you apart...
    Once my hand heals,
    I'll rip you apart...
    Tear you to shreds...
    Rip you into tiny pieces...
    And eat you! - Eren Yaeger

  10. #10
    If you haven't noticed how buffed we are getting then you are blind.
    We are talking about pvp, where we've been gutted.

  11. #11
    Omg, nerfs to the poor rogues. You guys cant just sit in stealth, pop out, kill someone then restealth, or vanish if they somehow turn the tides on you, wait for cds, and reattack them.

    I have been pvping on my hunter for years, I huff and puff at the nerfs they give, but i keep playing cause im good at it, and i like the class.

    3 min Cloak - 1.5 min Deterrence. Cloak removes dots, and magic debuffs. Deterrence removes nothing and lets the hunter die during. 30% reduced damage taken means nothing if no healers are around.

    3 min Vanish - 25 sec Feign death. No comparison here, no one falls for FD.

    Dont complain about nerfs, if you are good at pvp, then adapt to them instead of qqing and go running to the next autoplay class you can find. My biggest complaint with hunters is that we are the only dps based class with no decent heal. Chimera Shot and Spirit Bond dont count, those suck. Finally mop will give hunters a decent healing ability.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bozzy View Post
    We´re not gonna be able to train anything because we´ll snared and rooted to death.
    It´s far from any possibility to kill a hunter/warlock/mage/random plate class and even shadow priest.
    I tried in lots of duels with srs players. you´ll shít bricks if you ever see that self healing of a hunter/warlock right now.
    On plate I hit 6k ambush crits with Stage3... kind of funny.

    Like i said.. if ur a pvp player --- burry your rogue.
    And I dare anybody to say "IT´S JUST BETA" !!! With the announcement of MoP I told everybody rogues gonna be fck´d up... and all I´ve heard was:
    "Dude, it´s pre alpha.. wait till Beta.. it´s gonna be good.. -.-
    snared and rooted to death?

    Rogue Talents:

    Shadowstep helps you get behind your target, or if you have issues with snares and stuff then you pick up Burst of speed. It removes the snares, makes you immune to them for 4 secs, and you sprint at your target. You also can get a ranged ability to help with damage when they get far away.

    Between Shadowstep/BoS, Cloak, Vanish, blind, maybe even deadly throw and the amount of stuns rogues have, a half decent pvper should still be able to stay on a target and bring them down.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2012-04-08 at 03:32 AM.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Omg, nerfs to the poor rogues. You guys cant just sit in stealth, pop out, kill someone then restealth, or vanish if they somehow turn the tides on you, wait for cds, and reattack them.

    I have been pvping on my hunter for years, I huff and puff at the nerfs they give, but i keep playing cause im good at it, and i like the class.

    3 min Cloak - 1.5 min Deterrence. Cloak removes dots, and magic debuffs. Deterrence removes nothing and lets the hunter die during. 30% reduced damage taken means nothing if no healers are around.

    3 min Vanish - 25 sec Feign death. No comparison here, no one falls for FD.

    Dont complain about nerfs, if you are good at pvp, then adapt to them instead of qqing and go running to the next autoplay class you can find. My biggest complaint with hunters is that we are the only dps based class with no decent heal. Chimera Shot and Spirit Bond dont count, those suck. Finally mop will give hunters a decent healing ability.



    snared and rooted to death?

    Rogue Talents:

    Shadowstep helps you get behind your target, or if you have issues with snares and stuff then you pick up Burst of speed. It removes the snares, makes you immune to them for 4 secs, and you sprint at your target. You also can get a ranged ability to help with damage when they get far away.

    Between Shadowstep/BoS, Cloak, Vanish, blind, maybe even deadly throw and the amount of stuns rogues have, a half decent pvper should still be able to stay on a target and bring them down.
    come back when you are asked to pick between disengage and readiness

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral Imbashiethz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,164
    Sub damage is horrible if you don't crit. Sub damage is good, because of the high crit chance you have. Unless rogues get very high crit chance from gear in MoP, or the class is changed alot damage-wise and dont rely on getting crits anymore, rogue will be horrible damage-wise. Not only do we lose our damage, but we lose alot of utility. No double-smoke, long cd blind, vanish etc. The way it looks at the moment rogues are losing their place at the top of the 3s ladder, but is likely to always be a part of a RBG group which is comforting.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    come back when you are asked to pick between disengage and readiness
    Neither of those abilities remove dots, or make me invisible to my opponents to be able to get away. That was a bad attempt at an argument.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Neither of those abilities remove dots, or make me invisible to my opponents to be able to get away. That was a bad attempt at an argument.
    Aren't you the hunter who comes to the rogue forum to compare abilities of different classes? Perhaps i will go to the warrior forum and complain about why they have charge and I have to sprint to my target. Sir, your post isn't an bad attempt it isn't even an argument at all. Apples and oranges, u know.

    -english is not my 1st language-

  16. #16
    Mechagnome Tekloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    515
    Keep it civil, or infractions WILL be handed out.

  17. #17
    The Patient dcuffel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ocean Park, WA
    Posts
    285
    Lol, the most overpowered class complaining about steps FINALLY being taken to make them fair...just sad.

    Is that civil enough? Please say it is, I really tried to be as nice as I could about it, I don't want ANOTHER infraction. >_>

  18. #18
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,317
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Lol, the most overpowered class complaining about steps FINALLY being taken to make them fair...just sad.

    Is that civil enough? Please say it is, I really tried to be as nice as I could about it, I don't want ANOTHER infraction. >_>
    mages are getting toned down now?
    sorry but do you remember how rogues were at the beginning of this expansion? yeah we got a lil over the top at the end, but considering how bad rogues were off at the start...

  19. #19
    The Patient dcuffel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ocean Park, WA
    Posts
    285
    A little? A LITTLE? From 10-85, you absolutely DOMINATE in PvP, I don't know about PvE, never see any Rogues in PvE. Lol, but seriously. I don't remember the beginning of the expansion, but I think it must have been actually balanced, because I don't remember having any gripes about Rogues. But regardless, you guys have been broken every expansion to date, even if not for 100% of the expansion, it's about time something was done. I'll admit, Mages are pretty bad too, but nowhere NEAR the level of Rogues.

  20. #20
    Scarab Lord AceofHarts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,317
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    A little? A LITTLE? From 10-85, you absolutely DOMINATE in PvP, I don't know about PvE, never see any Rogues in PvE. Lol, but seriously. I don't remember the beginning of the expansion, but I think it must have been actually balanced, because I don't remember having any gripes about Rogues. But regardless, you guys have been broken every expansion to date, even if not for 100% of the expansion, it's about time something was done. I'll admit, Mages are pretty bad too, but nowhere NEAR the level of Rogues.
    ok under level is a completely different story and blizzard is taking steps to balance it in pandaria. but when im talking pvp im talking 85. again, i ask, do you remember how rogues were at the beginning of the expac? because the beginning of this expansion was called Casterclysm for a reason.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •