Deleted

Is the game better than for 4 months ago?

Hello all. I was playing rift for a while ago but i quit the game after 2 months. I've got 2 50s, played healer as a main. The main reason why i quit was because i didnt have time for raid and I found nothing else to do. I was bored of doing rifts since i had all the gear. I remember that when i quit they just added new BGs and that new talent tree where you are able to boost some stats (bad explination, but hope you understand)
    But recently ive seen a lot of people saying that the game is a blast now. that's a lot better than it was before. Is it true? Should i purchase 1 month and get back? Trying to kill some time here

Thanks for all answers and if you like, please add the best things that has been added to the game

Well, do you have time to raid? Because Hammerknell is pretty accessible now, even get some pugs in the first half. Other than that you have Ember Isle, Planar Attunement, new dungeon, Instant Adventures, new 10man raid, new chronicle... bunch of other stuff to, refinements and minor changes.

I would give it a shot, there is always stuff to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Well, do you have time to raid? Because Hammerknell is pretty accessible now, even get some pugs in the first half. Other than that you have Ember Isle, Planar Attunement, new dungeon, Instant Adventures, new 10man raid, new chronicle... bunch of other stuff to, refinements and minor changes.

Yea well not guild raid, I guess that i can pug it. What worries me is that when Rift got hacked they gave 3 day free playtime and then I just went into the game for 1 hour or two and the game was completely dead. All servers were on low. i dont know why, I thought that the game died totally. but that was like 3 months ago or something. My server went from heavy/full --> low after Swtor release

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Yea well not guild raid, I guess that i can pug it. What worries me is that when Rift got hacked they gave 3 day free playtime and then I just went into the game for 1 hour or two and the game was completely dead. All servers were on low. i dont know why, I thought that the game died totally. but that was like 3 months ago or something. My server went from heavy/full --> low after Swtor release
    Are you in the US? Bunch of servers got merged a few months ago, the left overs are trial servers afaik. Perhaps you are inadvertently on a trial server? There are still plenty of busy servers in the EU and US alike, check Rift Status out (EU link). You can always transfer (for free) to a busier shard, takes ten seconds.

The game's population hasn't really changed much, kinda dipped towards SWTOR, has picked up a bit since SWTOR launched and failed to live up to the hype. RIFT is getting quite a rep for being a great MMO, we see a lot of returning players, lot of players wanting to try it out Fingers crossed this year will see it grow some more.

If I am not mistaken, the 3 day pass in apology for the password hack occurred over the holidays.

I dunno about that each time hammerknell and pug is mentioned on this shard people lol and call it a suicide run :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I dunno about that each time hammerknell and pug is mentioned on this shard people lol and call it a suicide run :P
    I've seen a few pugs kill the first 3-5 bosses in there. It's also possible to hop into alt raids or semi pugs with the majority being composed of guilds that clear most or all of the content. Slackers do an alt run and there is usually half a dozen or so spots going, that's a full clear.

The new gear in 1.8 will definitely see more people pugging HK. It's a beautiful instance too, really hope more people get to see it in it's entirety.

I've seen a few pugs kill the first 3-5 bosses in there. It's also possible to hop into alt raids or semi pugs with the majority being composed of guilds that clear most or all of the content. Slackers do an alt run and there is usually half a dozen or so spots going, that's a full clear.

The new gear in 1.8 will definitely see more people pugging HK. It's a beautiful instance too, really hope more people get to see it in it's entirety.
    Doubt i'll get to see it that 300 focus crap is next to impossible for me atm =(

Doubt i'll get to see it that 300 focus crap is next to impossible for me atm =(
    On our server you should be able to get into T1 raid pugs easily, have your full set of T1 raid gear in a few weeks. Honestly, gearing up for HK is really easy!

On our server you should be able to get into T1 raid pugs easily, have your full set of T1 raid gear in a few weeks. Honestly, gearing up for HK is really easy!
    And what's your character name D: I can pester you in game for stuff because it's cool!

And what's your character name D: I can pester you in game for stuff because it's cool!
    Haha, it's the same as my forum name, but good luck catching me online this next few weeks, I am in the last few weeks or so of my final year at university, and I am buried in work

On my shard we've got at least one pug that's gone 11/11 Hammerknell. I went 7/11 on my third time in a pug going in not to long ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Hello all. I was playing rift for a while ago but i quit the game after 2 months. I've got 2 50s, played healer as a main. The main reason why i quit was because i didnt have time for raid and I found nothing else to do. I was bored of doing rifts since i had all the gear. I remember that when i quit they just added new BGs and that new talent tree where you are able to boost some stats (bad explination, but hope you understand)
    But recently ive seen a lot of people saying that the game is a blast now. that's a lot better than it was before. Is it true? Should i purchase 1 month and get back? Trying to kill some time here

Thanks for all answers and if you like, please add the best things that has been added to the game
    Check the trailer for the upcoming patch, something you like? I guess you didn't try instant adventures and that's something fun for a casual pve-player, and also they are adding it to ember isle in patch which might mean a bit higher difficulty. There are also casual stuff like fishing and cooking and pet taming added to the game. If it's just to spend time so =)
    If you pvp, but you had r8-gear? If so... then pvp probably haven't much to offer except you got rank converted to 36 and get 4 more ranks to grind, and also you can put planar attunement points for pvp but there's no new gear available atm and seems like it wont be added in next patch either. You can buy the low-lvl ranks of your pvp gear as costumes and that's a fun addition if you like pimpin your looks.

Deleted
    I'm playing on Bloodiron as guardian. tank, im full t2 since like 6 months back + 2 grafted set epics. trying to gather some platinum for the last 2 peices