Respeccing to remain broken till "probably next month"

EDIT: Just incase anyone was wondering, I'm not complaining. Mearly reporting on a topic that many people are wondering about and providing a source.

Don't know if anyone posted this, the search forum ability seems to be broken for me at the moment... but this is from the beta servers...

Last edited by Komie; 2012-04-07 at 09:13 PM.

It's annoying, but it's not a big deal...we have dual spec, most people won't be testing all 3 specs, and you can always re-copy your character or a pre-made one, and pronto, you can play the third spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    How dare they break something in a Beta!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Beta = beta

As expected, shit's broken

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok ok this is way beyond me! how dare they let something broken on a BETA. How could they? They're developing stuff and it's broken even though it's the 1st time it hits public test servers! Oh my god! I'm unsuscribing from Annual Pass and I am closing my account at this very moment!

More seriously though, it's probably because the team have so many things to manage that they must put their resources somewhere else. Respec isn't as badly needed, even more since most of the 85+ stuff isn't in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Ok ok this is way beyond me! how dare they let something broken on a BETA. How could they? They're developing stuff and it's broken even though it's the 1st time it hits public test servers! Oh my god! I'm unsuscribing from Annual Pass and I am closing my account at this very moment!

More seriously though, it's probably because the team have so many things to manage that they must put their resources somewhere else. Respec isn't as badly needed, even more since most of the 85+ stuff isn't in.
    Are you just waiting to pounce on people over anything they say to cry at them about complaining? This guy wasn't even complaining, he was simply INFORMING us of something which was said. Calm down please and stop defending the beta over the slightest comments. We know it's beta and what to expect...sheesh.

OP, thanks for the post, good to have an idea when it's being fixed.

Deleted

You're an idiot, all the guy did was report on something that actually many people were wondering, hope it made you feel like a big man.

Mod Note: Infracted. Please don't insult other users.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2012-04-07 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    You're an idiot, all the guy did was report on something that actually many people were wondering, hope it made you feel like a big man.
    It's exactly why I posted my 2nd paragraph. Learn to laugh >.> Don't forget that it was a blue post, not ghostcrawler himself, so everything must be taken with a grain of salt.

Well, TBH, with the amount of hating and complaints this very forum has, it's not that strange to overreact when bad news appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    How dare they break something in a Beta!
    Technically beta is intended to fix things, not break them. :P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

and to all of the haters in this thread, if you cant see the sarcasm literally DRIPPING off this post you need to get a funny bone injection.

OT: meh...I looked the specs up online and planned mine out from the word go..just a point of clarification, if they monkey with the talents were refunded the points and have to respend like on live right?
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P

I think it's good to inform others, for some things "learning by doing" isn't always a good option.

I copied my main over twice. It is not like I planned to test all the classes anyways.

Edit: Number one rule of PTR/Beta is don't blow all your copies off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Technically beta is intended to fix things, not break them. :P
    This makes no sense...

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    It's annoying, but it's not a big deal...we have dual spec, most people won't be testing all 3 specs, and you can always re-copy your character or a pre-made one, and pronto, you can play the third spec.
    That's not what pronto means btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Blizzard was nice enough to give a heads-up regarding this and a "possible" but no way a promise as to when it might get fixed.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not good
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    on the up side, the GM comment kinda gives u a clue how far ahead they are with in-house testing. which i always assumed was weeks/months ahead of what beta realms actually have on them. still puzzles the crap outta me how things get broke from going from a "in-house" test environment to a "public" environment.