Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Relic of Xuen and Bottle of Infinite Stars ICD Question

Do these share a ICD? I've been sitting on the dummy for about 5 minutes. The relic barely procs while the bottle procs a lot. And the never proc at the same time.

Right now the bottle is at a 31% up time while the relic is at a 9% up time.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Do these share a ICD? I've been sitting on the dummy for about 5 minutes. The relic barely procs while the bottle procs a lot. And the never proc at the same time.

Do you have logs to look at?

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted

No they do not share a ICD. But Xuen procs from crits, while Bottle procs from just any attack, so if you are just using auto shot while being semi-afk, you won't have a high uptime on Xuen.

Go to any target dummy place with 3+ mobs and start firing off some Multi shots and you should have them both up more or less instantly.

If you read the tooltip, the relic is on crits, unlike our caster and strength user counterparts whos on spell cast/hit. It's BIS for all agi users i believe, but i assume is in conjunction with all other BiS pieces. That being said uptime will continue to improve as your critical strike improves with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Do you have logs to look at?
    Sorry, no I don't. I just got it to test and I'm just reading it of skada.

I know it procs off crits.. I was actually going into my rotation. What surprised me is that it didn't proc for a good 30-45 seconds. But I guess its just bad RNG then.

Deleted
    Sorry, no I don't. I just got it to test and I'm just reading it of skada.

I know it procs off crits.. I was actually going into my rotation. What surprised me is that it didn't proc for a good 30-45 seconds. But I guess its just bad RNG then.
    That's the ICD....

They don't share an ICD. The Relic has a 20% chance to proc of a a Critical hit, which depending on what you crit is can mean a long time in between procs. I have fairly high gear/crit rating, and my uptime is still about 24% average. The trinket is amazing, but I wish Blizzard would chance it from Crit Hit to just Hit.

Relic's ICD is 55 seconds while Bottle is 45 seconds. The reason you're seeing such a big difference is because relic only procs on crits :/

I wonder why they did that proc on crit vs hit for us agi users
    I want to have a child and use it as a pulling tool in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by danightryder View Post
    I wonder why they did that proc on crit vs hit for us agi users
    Same here. I also wonder about the 10 second CD difference. 55 secs for the agi one and 45 secs for every other trinket.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-11-04 at 08:46 AM.

i have nearly 30% crit in raids... i can;t wait to try out my trinket tomarrow night

Deleted
    i have nearly 30% crit and my uptime is between 15 and 20% usually. im going to replace it as soon as i can

Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    i have nearly 30% crit and my uptime is between 15 and 20% usually. im going to replace it as soon as i can
    you do know there is nothing that beats it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    With my gear, the H terror in the mists sims a measly 48.51 dps above the relic of xuen and the H bottle of infinite stars sims at 194.31 dps more than the relic. But at higher gear levels, your crit will increase making the relic potentially better. Also due to the fights the terror in the mists might not proc at the end due to the colossal ICD of 105 seconds. So some things might beat it in sims, but not in practice. Personally, I'd take the lower ICDs because they will most likely have more uptime.

Relic of Xuen + Bottle of Infinite Stars = win

With my gear, the H terror in the mists sims a measly 48.51 dps above the relic of xuen and the H bottle of infinite stars sims at 194.31 dps more than the relic. But at higher gear levels, your crit will increase making the relic potentially better. Also due to the fights the terror in the mists might not proc at the end due to the colossal ICD of 105 seconds. So some things might beat it in sims, but not in practice. Personally, I'd take the lower ICDs because they will most likely have more uptime.

Relic of Xuen + Bottle of Infinite Stars = win
    thats what i said in less words

thats what i said in less words
    Yeah and on the plus side, relic of xuen is on a 55 second ICD so if anything it should line up with bestial in some point of it's proc. Without factoring in readniess, even if it does proc immediately after the 55 second mark it lasts 15 seconds so it'll be perfectly synced with BW. Even more so with readiness because of the low chance to proc on a crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    That's the ICD....
    LOL.. I know it has an ICD, what I meant was that it didnt proc at all for 30-45 seconds within starting to attack the dummy. You guys can see my gear in m armory.. just click the picture in my sig. My Crits around 30% in raids too.. so hopefully the uptime will improve.

Deleted
    as far as i know fd doesnt simulate like simulationcraft does through iterations. heck i have no idea if it expects avg uptime or iterated uptime yet i expect it to have the uptime set to the theoretical maximum of 27,8%. the procc is obv way worse if you only avg out to ~18% hence why i might prefer a trinket with an avg dps gain calculatged slightly below relic. "by as fast as i can" i refer to heroic terror - probably even normal terror.

Same here. I also wonder about the 10 second CD difference. 55 secs for the agi one and 45 secs for every other trinket.
    Agility is significantly better than every other primary stat.

Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    as far as i know fd doesnt simulate like simulationcraft does through iterations. heck i have no idea if it expects avg uptime or iterated uptime yet i expect it to have the uptime set to the theoretical maximum of 27,8%. the procc is obv way worse if you only avg out to ~18% hence why i might prefer a trinket with an avg dps gain calculatged slightly below relic. "by as fast as i can" i refer to heroic terror - probably even normal terror.
    but simcraft also sucks ass for hunter... if its wrong doing it 1000 times doesn't make it any less wrong.