Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Runsestones GONE
    Runes are not gone. Every skill in the game has six runes to them that unlock with your character's level. Also its amusing you can state its easy to get to the level cap when no one has played behind the first part of the first act. It might be easier then "super ridiculously hard" but it will still be a challenge. Inferno is the mode designed as end-game and designed to be the hardest but that doesn't make everything before it easy.

There are parts of the game that may be easy to understand, but you can also turn on advanced modes to such features. Like Elective skill mode. But you make it sound like having systems easy to understand is a bad thing. Like having millions of people able to easily understand and play the game is a bad thing. Its easy to get people in but D3 also has many complexities for those that don't like simple.

---------- Post added 2012-04-22 at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Also, not all games will work the same with RMT. I don't think it's appropriate in a Theme-park MMO (Rift/WoW), but it's fine for D3/PoE. Items are treated differently in the two games. I'd quit either of the first two in a minute if they did RMT, but the second pair, it's fine.

The key? I can get anything I want in D3/PoE under my own power. Rift/WoW have things I have to have a group of other people to get. If you sell those things in Diablo/PoE, it doesn't affect anything, because I'm not required to group. In Rift/WoW, it undermines the grouping needed to get certain things, making it harder to even get said groups, depending on how easy it is to buy said gear. YMMV, of course, but the above is how I look at it.
    While you can do everything solo, except for maybe inferno. Everything is still easier when grouped up where at later difficulties it might be "required" to group to have it easier. Required is in quotes because you can still do it solo but it might be more efficient to do it in a group.

Of course the real difference in D3 system is that there is nothing being sold by the developers. Its all player generated items. If no one gets the item to drop then no one can buy it. In this system Real money is literally no different then using Gold to buy the item. Both are currencies and both are being used to buy an advantage your character does not have. Some isn't less legit because they used 1 dollar rather then 10,000 gold to buy that sword.

I feel like a lot of the hate for the RMAH is simply because of it using Real money rather then for the actual system. That anything that uses Real money is so how bad no matter what.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Also, not all games will work the same with RMT. I don't think it's appropriate in a Theme-park MMO (Rift/WoW), but it's fine for D3/PoE. Items are treated differently in the two games. I'd quit either of the first two in a minute if they did RMT, but the second pair, it's fine.

The key? I can get anything I want in D3/PoE under my own power. Rift/WoW have things I have to have a group of other people to get. If you sell those things in Diablo/PoE, it doesn't affect anything, because I'm not required to group. In Rift/WoW, it undermines the grouping needed to get certain things, making it harder to even get said groups, depending on how easy it is to buy said gear. YMMV, of course, but the above is how I look at it.
    RMT doesn't undermine the grouping needed in an MMO. It actually creates a greater incentive to group. For 2 1/2 years I played an MMO which had freely tradable gear for gold or RL $. Grouping was alive & well as players would run almost all content constantly. Looking for personal drops or drops for the RMT AH.

It had no adverse effect on player grouping, guilds or incentive to run content.

I got about, oh 5 minutes in to PoE then immediately uninstalled it and gave away my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of us oldschool Diablo players stick to D3 for the immersion factor and the continued story.

So D3
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbones View Post
    I'm sort of torn between the two of them, Diablo 3 the touted champion amongst a lot of biased folks, but have you seen Path of Exile? It has more people online playing it, a longer story and gritty realistic graphics similiar to those of Diablo 2. I'm just concerned that Diablo 3 may have taken to many pages out of WoWs book, don't get me wrong okay? I did enjoi Diablo 2, loved it actually...the music the atmosphere the sound effects and bloody gore were all there, but what I lack of see is the gore, haunting music and the general atmosphere in the videos i've watched of Diablo 3, it seems to have HDR+Bloom turned to the max and the lack of blood and gore make me reconsider if this is really a new in the series or a new 2d wow.. I'm not feeling the orchestra music neither, so someone enlighten me. What does Diablo 3 have over Path of Exile? I understand they cut the gore so children can play, but it just dont make any sense to me rite now so help me understanding what it is

I can't help but feel i'm playing a Disney game, its colorful and lacking any dark feeling.
    D3 not gory enough? Really? Have you even played the game 0.o It's not as gory yet as D2 but this is only Beta and I'm sure what we see is limited to the $60 launch. Patch of Exile being a F2P MMO based game wont have the storyline depth to it and require more cash shop crap which I am sure will impact the game. I will stick to a paid type dungeon crawl thanks, D3 and Torchlight 2 would be more to my liking.