Hello,

My question is about the joining and creating of a game in Diablo III.

Now in Diablo II once you made your character you could join any game for your difficulty and same for creating your game. Now when you created these you could basically do what ever you liked. You carried over your quest progress, your waypoints, etc etc. You could also choose the game you wanted to join. E.g Trade Game, Act 1 Game, Act 2 Game, Duels, Baal/Cs Runs, Cows, Tristram Runs, you name it.

I have noticed in Diablo III (now I know this is beta etc) that you cannot choose which game you join. And when joining a game you select the quest you would like to play through..? So you don't take anything with you not relevant to that quest. For example you join a Skeleton King quest/game and you dont have the waypoint you picked up from the previous game which takes you to him.

This is also the same when creating your own game. You create it at the start of the quest not at your latest progression.

Is this really how it is going to be on live? Looks like a move backwards rather than forwards from a Diablo II to Diablo III transition.

So far this is my only major concern.

Kieran