Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Once again the Asus boards are incredibly expensive for what they offer.

For $285 USD I would expect more features and better multi-GPU/PCIe Gen3 support from the Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe.
    I'm liking the look of the new Sabertooth board, a lot. But yeah, they're a bit on the pricy side ($240 for the Sabertooth Z77).

I'm content with my Sabertooth P67 though, so I guess I'll be skipping this generation.

Deleted
    Has anyone seen/stumbled upon any review(s) of the ASRock Fatal1ty motherboards yet? I'm most interested in the Z77 Professional as of yet. The "Fatal1ty" branding has me a bit worried regarding how they will fair in relation to the price, but I'm still very interested.

I've seen a few unboxing videos and read some "previews". It's already available at e-tailers so I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen reviews yet...

For $285 USD I would expect more features and better multi-GPU/PCIe Gen3 support from the Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe.
    You'll probably see that on the ROG mobos instead, if any of them.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mawaru View Post
    I'm liking the look of the new Sabertooth board, a lot. But yeah, they're a bit on the pricy side ($240 for the Sabertooth Z77).

I'm content with my Sabertooth P67 though, so I guess I'll be skipping this generation.
    Sort of the same boat. I have the MSI z68a-GD80, so I'm just waiting on the CPUs to ship.

My god, that Sabertooth looks so gorgeous. I'll definitely get one once it's available in my area.

Also, any idea which RAM that has the matching color of the Sabertooth?
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

The Corsair Vengeance LP should probably look quite good on it, as well as Mushkin Blackline or w/e, as well as mostly any RAM with low heatsinks. Particularly if they've got "ridges," like the faux RAM sticks provided with the motherboard (to cover up the slot and protect from dust, as far as the manual goes).

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They offer the best UEFI in the business and the best digital power design. I say that's worth the price premium for overclockers. They also have the best fan controllers so you don't have to spend another $40-80 on a Lamptron or T-Balancer.

There's also no precedent for the Deluxe to include an NF200 when the P67 and Z68 versions didn't have them either.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2012-04-08 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    They offer the best UEFI in the business
    Exactly how do you mean "best"? Because in terms of seeing it as an interface, it's absolute rubbish imo.

Does the Sabertooth include the fan controller?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Exactly how do you mean "best"? Because in terms of seeing it as an interface, it's absolute rubbish imo.

Asus' UEFI is by far the easiest to use for anyone imo.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post

How is it rubbish? It's functional and informative. It uses the least "Engrish" of any UEFI.

The main thing though, it's calibrated very very well. Every value/setting does precisely what it should. If you set 1.0V for VCCIO, that's exactly what you get. You can leave way more settings on Auto than on any other board I've used.

I believe the Sabertooth has two linked CPU fan headers and four AUX fan headers. Fan Xpert 2 will measure the RPM/voltage curve and automatically determine the starting voltages required for each fan header as well as allowing different profiles for each AUX fan header.

I have also heard very good things about Asus' AI Overclocking program. Apparently it is a lot better than the competition's.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I have also heard very good things about Asus' AI Overclocking program. Apparently it is a lot better than the competition's.
    The AI Suite auto-overclocking software owes everything to the little 'TPU' onboard. It works better than every other one-step over clock, but obviously it can't beat manual tweaking.