Deleted

Retribution Paladin PvP help please no trolls

Hello, I'm new to the Retribution Paladins and im wanting to start playing PvP. I'm not that good and i need a lot of help ( No trolls please).I have got a video on YouTube where i duel a few people but i slack in knowloage on how to beat people i just get lucky crits :P This is the link :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv9Qd9BzLCg.

And here is a link to my amoury :http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Helmzle/simple

Feel free to like my vid and give tips there thanks

I'm sorry, but the moment your topic had "no trolls", the thread has turned into a trollfest.

Over all you are doing pretty good. A few things I did notice however.

1.The Dks you were fighting weren't exactly good. I wasn't seeing any necro strikes from any of them except one you dueled. A few little things that counter necro strike. Seal of Insight, Bubble or Hand of Protection (Since it's a physical effect.) Flash of Light, or simply CC/LoS until it drops. Hungering Cold is interruptable. Also, if a DK goes Lichborne you can fear him via Turn Evil.

2. You are extremely reliant on Hand of Freedom to break free from movement impairing effects. This can be dispelled, and usually you want to save it for an partner anyhow. Get into a habit of cleansing yourself and removing those movement impairing effects via Acts of Sacrifice.

3. Don't rely on wings. It too can be dispelled. Try to get into the habit of using Zealotry + Trinket for burst. Not saying you can't mash them together for a WTF pwn. But I put Avenging Wrath on a separate keybind from my Zealotry +Trinket. If I want I can mash them together and burst someone hard. I can separate them. There have been many occasions, especially against healers, were I cause pressure with my wings. Lock the healer in a stun and pop zealotry and finish them off. Or I can just not use wings if I am fearful of dispells. It's all situational. Anyone who knows how to dispell will strip you of your wings in a heartbeat.

Also, make a macro with your wings that includes /cancelaura Avenging Wrath then /Avenging Wrath. What this will do is allows to cast avenging wrath. But if you are fearful of it being spell stolen you can click the button again and automatically cancel it. You can do a lot with this. You can stun a mage, pump in a hammer of wrath and a TVs, take the wings off and make him waste globals spellstealing. You can pop your wings, toss a huge WoG on your buddy then take them off before they are spellstolen. There are a lot of possibilities.

4. You need to replace your judgement glyph with Seal of Truth. You do need some expertise in pvp. (20 is around what you are aiming for.) the glyph gives you half of that. Drop you Lay on Hand glyphs and pick up Hammer of Justice (5 yards more range to your abilities.), and Turn Evil (Insta-cast Turn Evil.) I personally take Ascetic Crusader after that to save up on mana. But I have picked up the Divine Protection glyph if I keep getting wizard teams.

Finally I leave you with these two bits of advice.

-Get into a habit of watching your teammates as much as you do your enemies. Your support (WoG, Hand of sacrifice, Hand of Protection, and Hand of Freedom) can make or break battles.

-Key Bind everything. It will improve your play immensely.

Good Hunting!

PS: PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!!!

Go for the Conqueror Title. Be an Arena whore. Duel until you drop. Go attack cities. GANK people.

You learn to be good at pvping by pvping.
    Last edited by Baneslayer; 2012-04-07 at 11:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah bane has it right.

In addition to what he said, look into acquiring the dragon soul ret 2 set, the one that grants 1 holy power on judgement. That bonus makes the playstyle so much more versatile, you can kite more effectively and word of glory is always available when you need it.

For basic fighting strategy, get used to jousting in and out when your attacks are up, and kite during enemy cooldown phases. Always pay attention to your teammates health, word of glory team heals are one of your biggest strengths. And dont forget repentance is more than a gap closer, use it to set up the perfect time to burst or as a peel for your teammates.

I also watched the first dk you dueled steal your stun with his dark simulacrum. Try and watch out for that, counter by quickly using cleanse, which is fairly worthless for them to steal.

As for your spec, I would recommend swapping seals of the pure with eternal glory for maximum utility. Seals of the pure doesn't really give much of a dps increase, and the extra templars verdicts from the bonus holy power will more than make up for it.

Finally, I strongly suggest that you practice fighting without blowing all your cooldowns in every battle. Learn to win by mastering the mechanics of ret, instead of relying on always going into zerg mode. It will make you a better player, and show that you have some style. I enjoyed your vid, and im sure you will get the hang of it.

Deleted
    Thanks alot the the help I have noticed a big difference! The seal of truth Gylph helped out alot. And Trisrx i see what you mean about my spec i'll change it the next time im online look like the extra holy power will make a big difference, and im glad you enjoyed the vid ! one last thing what do i do when a DK uses AMS, i know you will probably say kite him but i tried it and they always seem to stay close enough to hit me

one last thing what do i do when a DK uses AMS, i know you will probably say kite him but i tried it and they always seem to stay close enough to hit me
    It's only seven seconds while glyphed I believed. So really all you can do that point is just hit him with TVs, (Since it has a physical portion to it. but your mastery will be absorbed) or switch targets for a few seconds.

Two things to watch out for. Since you can't Turn Evil, Hammer of Justice, or Repent a DK while the shell is up.

-If he is smart, he'll use AMS in conjunction with Lichborne in order to get himself healed up via deathcoil. (Unholy DKs are notorious for this.) One way to counter this is try to get an early hammer on him when you see him get low. (So he won't Lichborne.)
    -When he is going in for the kill. Your hit points are low. In which case just bubble and heal up.

I'll add more when I get back from church.