Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Download Ableton Live 8, Native Instruments Battery and Massive, Propellerhead Reason or FL. Go.

Deleted
    First you create 2 transformers, not really sure how you do this...Then you must get them to F*ck.. TADA DUBSTEP!

But srsly, why you want to make Dupsteb,, like i said it sounds like 2 transformers F*cking

10+ Year Old Account
    Get an old cassette deck and a bunch of old tapes. Record the sound of the tapes being eaten by the player. Win....
    I like sandwiches

Deleted

Relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbathed View Post
    I prefer my good MMO-Champion friends xD

Youtube videos aren't as helpful, as I have tried what you have said, and I normally get these guys who don't go into a good description and I'm left wondering, so I figured I'd come to these forums and if I had any questions ask them on here and get an answer.
    So instead of watching a video on you tube made by someone trying to explain how to do it, you'd rather come to a MMO website and ask people who have no idea? Logic, maybe try it once in awhile.

Deleted
    Buy a drum kit and a keyboard and throw them down a long flight of stairs. Record the noise it makes. VOILA!!

Deleted
    Just get a really beginner-friendly program to learn the basics. Back when i started i got Dr Drum and made some tracks in it. They were horrible but i learnt a lot As you play around you start grasping more advanced concepts and can then decide on a more high-level software. No point buying a motorcycle when you can barely ride a bike

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbathed View Post

EDIT: I got nothing AGAINST Skrillex...
    just hate their music.
    His music, not their. It's one person. Herp.

I was going to say something sarcastic, but pretty much every post in this thread covered anything I could say haha.

Do research. I doubt anyone here would know how to make it unless they produce it. Find out how dubstep artists create their music, what programs they use, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    If you want to make music, specifically dubstep, you'd need a couple of tools.

- A DAW (Cubase, Logic, Reason, FL Studio, Ableton, and the list goes on.) The DAW you use is the one you feel most comfortable with, although most seem to start in FL Studio and move on, while some stick to FL Studio with amazing results. You'll need to learn some basic terms for general production, like beats, bars, BPM, as well as some general musical terms like octaves, scales.. You get the point. Just do a tiny bit of pre-research, find the equivalent in your DAW, adapt and enjoy.

- Plugins, also known as VSTs. The things that really make your music is the plugins you use. First and foremost, you're going to want a plugin called Native Instruments Massive. This is a synth-beast, so you can make your own unique bass, synth and random quirky noises. A huge majority of dubstep today is made with Massive. Secondly, you're going to need more plugins, but which depends on your DAW, since some come with some neat built in plugins, while some don't come with any even half-decent plugins at all. Then, it's all up to you. Google what you want to have. If you want a "Game Boy" sound, google "8 bit vst" and you're bound to get results. And trust me, 6/10 cases there's a plugin for what you want to do.

- Samples. In the start, you're going to want some drum samples. Many beginners use Vengeance Electro soundpack since it's on TPB. But you can probably find many decent samplepacks. But further in, you're going to want voicesamples, from say a YouTube video, movie, TV or whatever. Think the "Oh my god!" in Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites. Having a bunch of those can be really interesting, and some even have a sample that becomes their trademark, like xKore with his "C'mon!" sound. (If you don't know what I mean, listen to xKore - Hello on YouTube and you'll get it)

- Hardware. And not only computers and stuff, but you might want to get a MIDI-keyboard straight away. It'll help in the long run.

Right. When you've bought/pirated what you want, learned the basic terms and gotten some snacks, you can begin being creative. You start by making the song 140 BPM, and then you make the standard dubstep beat, kick and snare alternating every two beats. Many producers have been messing around with BPMs, so in general, you can hear dubstep in the 135-145 range, drumstep in 160-180 BPM and some songs in 100 BPM. Some go above and beyond, to about 70ish BPM.

When you make the general melody before the drop, you'll want it to begin "building up" and presenting the theme of the song for about 16 bars, then gradually get more and more intense for another 16 bars, so that you at the begining of bar 33 have the drop. That way, your song will drop at 0:55 sharp, and you can make the really standard dubstep. From there on out, you mess around as you like, finding your own flow and rythm.

When it comes to effects and that kind of stuff, you'll have to learn automation to some degree. It's different between every DAW, so google it. Probs a ton of YouTube videos about it. But I mainly have effects and stuff directly in Massive, so that I don't have to make a ton of complicated automation. That's just me though.

Then you're most likely best off finding producers that use your software, see if they did any livestreams, pick up a few bits and pieces here and there, etc etc. You're also going to need to spend time learning mixing, mastering, equalization, sound layers and probably a bunch of things I can't think of at the moment, but you'll have to google your way forward, ask for help, and pray you get said help.

It'd take more than a post to help you figure it all out, but there's a start for you. Pick your DAW, aquire plugins, make music, upload it to SoundCloud, then it's all fate. Google is your best friend.
    This guy here has it. You should really begin with learning the basics of music production, since the basics covers pretty much all genres.

Good luck!

15+ Year Old Account
    I admit I'm not into dubstep at all, but if you want to make something truly your own go out and just listen to the world and record sounds you like. There are patterns and beats in everything. For example, a train going by could be used to make an interesting beat/background beat/base. Then use one of the programs other poster have suggested to morph the sounds to your liking.

Sampling, in my opinion, is the lazy way of creating something unique.