Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb No-Shield Spell Reflection for Warriors

I'm not sure if this goes here, please move it if it belongs in the suggestions.

I've played a warrior since vanilla, and got into arena seriously about a year ago.
    I noticed that the biggest problem I ran into was not being able to spell reflect fast enough
    I had the 'quickest and fastest' macro used by the 'pros', but it still took around half a second for my spell reflect to go off.
    That half a second was a very long time to wait during clutch moments in arena, and it would really frustrate me to see an enemy begin to cast cyclone, press my spell reflect macro, and half to wait and then end up in stuck in the cyclone, even though I reacted to him casting it right on time.
    I'm really happy with the new changes for warriors coming so far in MoP, and it's very exciting to see how warriors will play out in the next season.
    Although, I do feel that warriors have that one last problem which is having to change into a 1hander and shield in order to spell reflect.
    Seeing as how hunters and their new deterrence allows them to reflect spells, I find it very unfair that warriors have not received the ability to be able to spell reflect without having to change weapons. Warriors are a very global-consuming class, and in arena you are almost never not using every global cool down in order to efficiently do damage as a warrior, so it's hard enough to spell reflect as it is.
    I feel like adding maybe a glyph to allow warriors to spell reflect without switching to sword and board would be a very small yet very effective benefit to warriors, so I want to know if there are any plans to do so.

it may be because of the GCD triggered by weapon swapping, is why it does it? Im not sure if it still triggers a GCD, but that could be the reason behind it.

maybe, but it's a problem i would love to have fixed.

Well, honestly though, what would you reflect the spell with if you didnt have a shield on? But, maybe thats just the way I see it. But swapping weapons in combat does trigger a 1.5 second GCD, while doing it out of combat doesnt.

Deleted
    With the blade if using sword or axe, a la baseball bat with a mace.

Certainly, it's time for a change, wonder if they would listen. I would gladly take a -% damage done while active if needed.

Deleted
    i want them to keep / make a high skill cap on warriors so bring back stance dancing and Shield reflect just make it better and make us switch to shield faster / not trigger GCD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conatzer View Post
    Well, honestly though, what would you reflect the spell with if you didnt have a shield on? But, maybe thats just the way I see it. But swapping weapons in combat does trigger a 1.5 second GCD, while doing it out of combat doesnt.
    You swing it back with your mighty sword ofc. Pretty much like baseball.

I've seen more fiction where mighty swords has pushed away magic then I've seen a shield do
    Also
    Quote Originally Posted by Suff View Post
    i want them to keep / make a high skill cap on warriors so bring back stance dancing and Shield reflect just make it better and make us switch to shield faster / not trigger GCD
    Do you still actually believe stance dancing involves any skill whatsoever?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by selectt View Post
    I'm not sure if this goes here, please move it if it belongs in the suggestions.

I've played a warrior since vanilla, and got into arena seriously about a year ago.
    I noticed that the biggest problem I ran into was not being able to spell reflect fast enough
    I had the 'quickest and fastest' macro used by the 'pros', but it still took around half a second for my spell reflect to go off.
    That half a second was a very long time to wait during clutch moments in arena, and it would really frustrate me to see an enemy begin to cast cyclone, press my spell reflect macro, and half to wait and then end up in stuck in the cyclone, even though I reacted to him casting it right on time.
    I'm really happy with the new changes for warriors coming so far in MoP, and it's very exciting to see how warriors will play out in the next season.
    Although, I do feel that warriors have that one last problem which is having to change into a 1hander and shield in order to spell reflect.
    Seeing as how hunters and their new deterrence allows them to reflect spells, I find it very unfair that warriors have not received the ability to be able to spell reflect without having to change weapons. Warriors are a very global-consuming class, and in arena you are almost never not using every global cool down in order to efficiently do damage as a warrior, so it's hard enough to spell reflect as it is.
    I feel like adding maybe a glyph to allow warriors to spell reflect without switching to sword and board would be a very small yet very effective benefit to warriors, so I want to know if there are any plans to do so.
    there has always been a problem with arms/fury and the spell reflect. Its really clonky and it just doesnt work with lag or a bad server, especially on the stormscale realm outside orgrimmar. when you actually press the spell reflect button it activates but you still get hit by the spell..

there are 2 issues wrong with the spell reflect. one is what the OP suggested. but another is that spell reflect can last for up to 5 seconds when reflecting a spell off a teammate, so therefor you will need to sword and board for 5 seconds, which is a 5 second dps loss if you wanted to reflect the spells.

I think that if they take away the shield requirement for spell reflect, it will be very OP. because it will instantly fix those 2 issues. but i wish that was the case, then warriors can actually be viable in the 2.2k+ bracket again and fuck all those RMPs, RLS's

the best case scenario is for spell reflect to work without a shield and last for the full 5 seconds, so that you can still dps as arms/fury and have your full spell reflect up... but yeah, thats just a dream. no way will blizzard allow that to happen, (unless they decrease the Uptime on spell reflect from 5 seconds to 3 seconds... or something.
    Last edited by mmoc47a357dd05; 2012-04-29 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    Well, that's why the may stick a -% damage done while spell reflect is active. Our damage will be gimped while active, but the clunkyness at least will be gone. Anyways, doesn't fury retain now the spell reflect when switching back to 2x2h just as it retain the shield wall effect?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Well, that's why the may stick a -% damage done while spell reflect is active. Our damage will be gimped while active, but the clunkyness at least will be gone. Anyways, doesn't fury retain now the spell reflect when switching back to 2x2h just as it retain the shield wall effect?
    lol. do they ? :S

they don't on live, if you are refferring to the beta its probably a bug.

Until I think 4.3, using shield wall or spell reflect then switching back to a 2h offhand resulted in not losing the buff, for whatever reason. It's fixed now though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    Until I think 4.3, using shield wall or spell reflect then switching back to a 2h offhand resulted in not losing the buff, for whatever reason. It's fixed now though.
    Mmm... I just did it in live and it still works. Both shield wall and spell reflect. Though they may fix the instant fury is good for pvp on MoP lol

bumpp, would love a blue post!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, now i want Spell Baseball as a valid minor glyph.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Deleted
    Well, honestly though, what would you reflect the spell with if you didnt have a shield on?
    Link would like to see you.

Putting in stance dancing wouldn't make warriors more skilful, just puts more macros on your bars. However having to switch stance for certain purposes and doing it correctly is skilful. That is, if you can discern between the two.

I prefer Spell Reflection the way it is on the live client.

It requires a degree of foresight to get a successful, crucial Spell Reflection, which requires a bit of skill.

The most important things to Spell Reflect are instant casts. The hallmark of a skilled PvP Warrior is the ability to predict and counter instant casts like that.

Death Coil, Deep Freeze, feral Cyclones, Hammer of Justice, etc. To use Spell Reflection effectively in this game you have to think a few steps head. Let's not call to nerf it because it takes some effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayon View Post
    I prefer Spell Reflection the way it is on the live client.

It requires a degree of foresight to get a successful, crucial Spell Reflection, which requires a bit of skill.

The most important things to Spell Reflect are instant casts. The hallmark of a skilled PvP Warrior is the ability to predict and counter instant casts like that.

Death Coil, Deep Freeze, feral Cyclones, Hammer of Justice, etc. To use Spell Reflection effectively in this game you have to think a few steps head. Let's not call to nerf it because it takes some effort.

You prefer a 25sec cd spell reflect over a 10second cd double spell reflect on the beta?

Quote Originally Posted by selectt View Post
    bumpp, would love a blue post!
    This is MMO Champion, not the official forums
    Blues don't post here (or if they do, they don't do it in blue or tell anyone that they are Blues)