10+ Year Old Account

Where can I improve?

Here is my alt shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Salus/advanced

Right now, the only joy I find in this game is healing on him. I'm having a blast. In fact I just cleared 8/8 and got my title and won some phat lewtz, all while topping the meters the entire way. This is the first time I've played a healer.

But looking at my spec, gear, and gylphs, can I make any improvements right now? I have the 397 Scapel and 397 Visage, but I've been told that the 390 Maw + 378 Ward is better than either.

Mainly interested in 10 mans right now.

I dont know much about resto these days, but i'd wager that if you're mainly into 10man Visage or Scalpel + offhand will beat a 390 Maw most of the time considering you get less than half of what a 25man raider will get from the proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there are still fights in 10man where the 390 maw is going to beat the other two.

Take those 2 points out of Cleansing Waters and put them in Ancestral Swiftness. Insta-wolf is very useful on Morchok, Hagara, and Warlord, and Cleansing Waters is only useful on Heroic Spine.

Aside from that, Resto Shaman healing is annoyingly easy and repetitive in this tier. If it feels like you should be casting more than Riptide, Chain Heal, Healing Rain, GHW, and LB, don't. Every fight boils down to Either CH/HR spamming or Riptide/GHW/LB spam. It's pretty hard to screw up right now.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, that makes much more sense.

And yes, it does seem fairly easy, maybe that's why I'm enjoying it so much...

10+ Year Old Account
    You could prob sacrifice 2 points from either imp cleanse, or blessing of eternals. Either go for Ancestral swiftness/totemic reach.....or if you are mana hungry, you can put your points into Ele and try and get atleast 2 points into Elem precision for TC.....with only 2points in Enh for Elem Weapons. You could also poss remove glyph of HW and replace for stoneclaw if you wanna protect yourself a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could switch to a Mastery focus build. +50 int to Bracers instead of Spirit as well.

Talents, well, people above have said where you can place those two points. I wouldn't bother with Ancestral Swiftness in Dragon Soul but it's a much better choice than Totemic Reach if you insist on having 7 points in Enh tree. No one should ever be out of reach of your totems in any fights unless someone had to run after a Volleyball on Zon'ozz. If you are going for a Crit focused build, which you are it seems, you should have 3/3 Acuity. You should probably have 3/3 Acuity anyways, that talent is insanely useful.