Thread: [Anime] RedLine

10+ Year Old Account

[Anime] RedLine

has any one else seen this awesome movie that took 7 years to draw?

Dr.Pepper is made from fairy tears. Pokemon IGN: Josh FC: 0662-4407-8552

10+ Year Old Account
    Not yet but i know of it. As do most i would assume.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Not yet but i know of it. As do most i would assume.
    just bought and watched it tonight it was one hell of a ride

Dr.Pepper is made from fairy tears. Pokemon IGN: Josh FC: 0662-4407-8552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastblow View Post
    just bought and watched it tonight it was one hell of a ride
    I don't have the money for it right now. What with Madoka L.E., The Legend of Legendary Heroes, Infinite Stratos, Blue Exorcist Vol. 3, the gods only know how much manga, wristbands(they help with some issues i have),Prototype 2, Xenoblade,Devil May Cry HD and Sorcery. Then add in food internet/phone and so on and wellll yeah not alot to go around.

Sadly no, I checked it out and it just doesn't seem like my cup of tea.

The whole story seems weird, the animation isn't very appealing or modern in my opinion and I also didn't like the voice acting from what I heard.

Perhaps I'm judging too soon and I know many people will love it.

The animation in Redline is absolutely glorious. It's one of the most fast paced Anime I've seen in.... ever. The Japanese voice acting is perfect, but the English dub is out-right awful.

Redline really is a blast of a film that shows exactly what Anime action scenes are and should be about. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves Anime for the sake of Anime.

Also the guy that made it is also making the new Lupin The 3rd TV series, which is fairly eye melting, if a bit zealous on the sexiness.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The visuals were some of the best I've ever seen. The plot however I found to be fairly average, and the ending to be way too abrupt.

But indeed, if you just want some eyecandy and don't care about the plot, Redline is a safe bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Erihs View Post
    The visuals were some of the best I've ever seen. The plot however I found to be fairly average, and the ending to be way too abrupt.

But indeed, if you just want some eyecandy and don't care about the plot, Redline is a safe bet.
    Funnily, the plot is supposed to be just that; little more than a vehicle for the accompanying animation and *awesome* soundtrack. It's all about going to the core of what makes Anime... Anime. Take for example 'Funky Boy', it's completely random, a nod to Akira and just outright outrageous. The film is basically telling us that it *knows* it's Anime.

Also... dat soundtrack.

Expected real lot of it from trailer, started watching it, almost fell asleep. Never finished. Very well drawn indeed, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Funnily, the plot is supposed to be just that; little more than a vehicle for the accompanying animation and *awesome* soundtrack. It's all about going to the core of what makes Anime... Anime. Take for example 'Funky Boy', it's completely random, a nod to Akira and just outright outrageous. The film is basically telling us that it *knows* it's Anime.

Also... dat soundtrack.
    That song...It makes me wanna fight and dance. But mostly fight.

This movie is a masterpiece, altho I managed to give myself the impression it was more an Interstella 5555 music video movie thing which it isn't, but it was VERY good none the less. Watch it if you haven't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got it on Blu-Ray. To me it has a very "Heavy Metal" feel to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racing cars? Doesn't sound to appealing to me, rather see some martial arts and crazy powers and hadoukens being thrown around lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Racing cars? Doesn't sound to appealing to me, rather see some martial arts and crazy powers and hadoukens being thrown around lol.

Ignore the awful dub, go with the JP version if you do check out the actual film.

It's actually quite enjoyable. I watched it because of this thread. And yes, I can count on one hand where the I enjoyed the dubbed version. Baccano is one. I would actually enjoy a miniseries based off of this movie, mostly for the expanded exposition.