• WoW:Cataclysm

50 8.22%

Thread: Most failed MMO

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Most failed MMO

Hi everyone,

I recently quit SW:TOR finally conceding that it has failed to live up to its hype.

With this in mind, I wanted to figure out what you guys thought was the biggest MMO failure

Tabula Rasa barely made it a year, if it made a year at all. Warhammer Online completely failed to live up to...well anything.

Final Fantasy 14. When a group such as Square Enix have to apologise for the appauling state of their own game and even offer free play time, you know it's not good.

Deleted
    Not sure if it was commercially the biggest failing, but gameplay wise it was DEFINITELY FFXIV.

10+ Year Old Account
    In before Aion. Which actually did very well, maybe not so much over here but mainly in Asia. Pretty sure it was up there as the most played MMO there.

For me i'd say DC universe, i played it with a friend and it was pretty fun. Got to max level and was bored within two days or so, joining max level dungeons and getting no healers or tanks sucked. And so many annoying things within the game, it's a shame really it sounded like it would be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna go with SWTOR. They had a chance to make a groundbreaking product set in a world that already had tens of millions hooked. Instead, they made a WoW clone with less features. Hugely disappointing.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Deleted
    FF14 by far.

I'm pretty sure auto assault has all those titles beat.

Deleted
    Not sure why you even have Guild Wars 2 in the poll as it isn't even out yet.

APB--->All Points Bulletin`, a GTA-like MMO which was rumoured to have costed over 100M$ and barely lasted 3 months, i'd say it's pretty much THE flop.

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

What about the LOTR MMO.. Had a lot of potential.. ended up F2P too. =/

GW2 Shouldnt be in this pole....

Deleted
    Warhammer Online for me.

Just a question, why is GW2 even in there? How can a game that hasn't even been released have failed?

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. It was touted as a WoW killer, I thought I'd give it a try. I spent more time trying to install the game than I ever did playing it. And don't think I didn't give it a go, because it took over 2 days to install it. All the while, I played some WoW battlegrounds lol.

Deleted
    Warhammer for me, following every news for years and then be so disappointed by bad gameplay and features that didn't make the game

Guild wars 2 isn't out yet, how can you say something has failed before it even released...
    Games don't make people violent. Lag does. Release delay does. Dumb people do.
    Nostalgia is the enemy of rational thought.

15+ Year Old Account
    how can gw2 fail already? rofl.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone Remember Hellgate London =P That game was horrable

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    GW2?
    Why did you add a game that is not even released? (Why not add MoP aswell?)

Anyway... I vote for Rift.
    If there was an "Other" option, I would vote for a game that FunCom made for childrens (Pet vs Monsers). A fun MMO game I guess.. If you like spiders
    Last edited by Nazomi; 2012-04-08 at 07:23 PM.

Age of Conan, but that's just personal opinion. I'm also wondering why GW2 is here.