Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Maokai.

AP quints and blues, armor yellows, Mpen Reds. Start wraiths (put down saplings at 1:06), put down as many as you can before they spawn.

0/21/9 masteries.

Start regrowth + 1 HP, make Philo and boots on first b, if you ganked after going wraiths -> blue -> Wolves -> Wraiths -> Red -> Gank

Go E -> Q -> E -> W so you can kill red easier, gank at lvl 4 once you get W, or get W at lvl 3 and gank if their mid or top is just asking for it.

Maokai is a godlike jungler, excellent utility, beefy, fast clear time, is an AP jungler, does massive damage and has good sustain.

Build Philo -> boots -> Heart of Gold -> Merc treads or Catalyst -> Catalyst or Merc Treads -> finish catalyst into RoA -> Frozen Heart -> make Philo into Shurelya's -> make HoG into either Randuin's or that other thing that gives a shield effect to your team. All situational. Could also sell it and make an MR item, again, situational.

I also like to Jungle as Trundle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Then there are champs that can function in top, jungle or simply are immovable over time; Trundle, Udyr, Olaf, Riven, Shen or Trundle for example.
    Trundle is so awesome he gets mentioned twice

lol im tired & worn out today. :P

edit: trundle is amazing though. srs.

10+ Year Old Account
    He does need a great skin though.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I've torn through teams as WW jungle, with and without ulti. You may not be able to tower-dive or gank when they are in the middle of the lane (without some hard CC), but if they overextend they are dead. His clear speed isn't as slow as you seem to think it is, but I guess if you've played Shyv everyone is slow cause she beats spawn timers. Udyr has the same problems ganking, and he doesn't have WW ult to help him post-six, yet he was the most banned champ in IPL4.
    Udyr has no such problems ganking, bear stance speeds him up and stuns. Compare that to WW who, outside of his ulti, has literally no way to speed himself up or to stop others just moving away. And then compare the CD of WWs ulti to Udyrs bear stance, along with Udyr having a clear speed one hundred times better than WWs.

I really don't understand why anyone plays WW jungle anymore. It's subpar in literally every single way.

Also, at higher elos where people understand what wards are and how to avoid getting ganked (a clue, it's really not difficult), clear speed, jungle matchups and counterjungling potential, as well as things like scaling ect all become more useful than ganks. If ganking was the most important jungling aspect (which sadly a lot of people think it is), then shaco would be the most played jungler, whereas in actuality he's pretty much not viable at all at high levels of play. WW has an abysmal clear speed, bad jungle matchups, is easy to counterjungle, can't counterjungle well, has little mobility. All these things make him not a good pick.
    Last edited by Darkdruidelf; 2012-04-09 at 10:54 PM.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

10+ Year Old Account
    In WW's defense, he is a good jungler to start learning how to jungle with. And once you get to know him and the jungle a bit, get a more impressive jungler and move WW to top lane, where he does very well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Udyr has no such problems ganking, bear stance speeds him up and stuns. Compare that to WW who, outside of his ulti, has literally no way to speed himself up or to stop others just moving away. And then compare the CD of WWs ulti to Udyrs bear stance, along with Udyr having a clear speed one hundred times better than WWs.

I really don't understand why anyone plays WW jungle anymore. It's subpar in literally every single way.

Also, at higher elos where people understand what wards are and how to avoid getting ganked (a clue, it's really not difficult), clear speed, jungle matchups and counterjungling potential, as well as things like scaling ect all become more useful than ganks. If ganking was the most important jungling aspect (which sadly a lot of people think it is), then shaco would be the most played jungler, whereas in actuality he's pretty much not viable at all at high levels of play. WW has an abysmal clear speed, bad jungle matchups, is easy to counterjungle, can't counterjungle well, has little mobility. All these things make him not a good pick.
    The average player doesn't have an ELO high enough to worry about wards and counterjungling being a constant obstacle while jungling. It's why Shaco is banned constantly at lower ELOs and Amumu is allowed to jungle with ease.

And sure, Udyr has his bear stance, but early game when ganks are most likely to succeed your not catching someone with bear stance's speed boost unless they are overextending. You burn your flash for the guaranteed stun then hope your teammate is close enough to CC and kill your target. WW, you burn your ghost and run in, then hope your teammate is close enough to CC and kill your target. The only difference is WW doesn't have a stun, but his E gives MS if enemy health is below 50%. Both force their targets to waste a flash or die. WW does have a slower jungle speed than Udyr, but most junglers do. At higher ELO, fine WW is useless, just like Trundle/Sejuani becomes more viable at higher ELOs, but for the average player he is a fairly strong choice.

And on the topic of subpar jungle and Udyr, I've seen more Tigers than Phoenix's recently. Tiger is subpar, but people still use him because he can be effective.

Deleted
    Wait what, Sejuani is popular @ higher elos? O.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roos View Post
    Wait what, Sejuani is popular @ higher elos? O.O
    Not so much more popular but more viable. Higher ELO (normally) means higher skill and awareness, and Sejuani relies heavily on her team to do well. At low ELOs this almost never happens, but is definitely possible at higher ELOs.

Playing Sejuani outside of a premade is self torture. Sejuani is pretty decent as a champion but needs an entire team to work with her.

Quote Originally Posted by IronChi3f117 View Post
    As the title states, I'm looking for a good Jungler that I can buy, or may already have, to jungle for my 5v5 team. It doesn't really matter to me if it's AD or AP or whatever, I just would like to know what you guys think. If you could just give me a few Champions and a build you've used or know works on them, I would really appreciate it, thank you.
    Lee sin/Shaco/Nocturne/Udyr, are my favorites, but Shaco and Udyr get banned quite a bit.

Decided to get Lee Sin, I haven't jungled with him yet cause I'm learning his abilities, but my god is he amazing! I can get around very easy, and he has nice damage output, thank you guys for the suggestions, can't wait to start taking over the Jungle!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lee Sin is a very strong choice that you should enjoy. If you find you like the jungle I would say to add Mundo, Maokai, Shyv and Nocturne are very strong junglers to add to your repertoire

The best junglers around are Lee Sin, Udyr, Trundle and Shyvana imo. All of them have uber fast jungle clearing speeds. If you want a ganker type of jungler that you can pubstomp with, i will say Shaco. Cause people just don't ward enough.

I would suggest that in addition to Lee Sin, you should try Udyr as well, he is an extremely fun champion, and he's GODLY at clearing the jungle, even at level 1. Though I haven't played Lee Sin in a little while, so can't remember who is better.

The only thing Udyr lacks is any kind of ranged ability, though. He's all melee.

If you're a fan of assassins, I'd definitely suggest Nocturne. Currently a God tier jungler (according to stonewall on Reign of Gaming). One of the first I picked up, and by far one of my most loved.

However as many have said: Udyr, Lee Sin, Shyvana, Trundle, Mundo and many others are all strong and bring plenty to the table.

Deleted
    Skarner is really strong, like REALLY strong.

But generally these are the top junglers right now - Lee sin, Skarner, Maokai, Shyvanna, Udyr, Trundle, Nocturne, and Dr. Mundo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Udyr or Skarner are pretty ftwsies. Rammus seems to get banned quite often, Shaco as well. Shaco I would probably avoid for pugs, but might be interesting for a 5s team. The problem with Shaco is he is not an effective team fighter. You would pretty much always been 4v5 during a team fight while Shaco split pushes. Shaco's greatest effectiveness is shutting down the other team early. However, if they see you have a Shaco and they're smart, they'll just stay under their turrets and farm while Shaco sadfaces in the jungle.

You want to get good with probably about three junglers, in case your jungler of choice is banned or picked first. Skarner was getting banned a good bit for awhile, not sure if he still is. Skarner is all about the amazing ult. Udyr's probably the best for beginning junglers. Phoenix to clear stuff fast, turtle for a shield/some sustain, bear for vrooming and stunning. Udyr's amazing in team fights. Bear then cycle through their team stunning them. Fun times. Amumu's usually an insta-win too, especially if you go for a more "AE" style comp. Do you know how fun Amumu/Cass/Sona/MF/GP is?

But yeah, Udyr, Skarner and Amumu ftw.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Rurumiki View Post
    Udyr or Skarner are pretty ftwsies. Rammus seems to get banned quite often, Shaco as well. Shaco I would probably avoid for pugs, but might be interesting for a 5s team. The problem with Shaco is he is not an effective team fighter. You would pretty much always been 4v5 during a team fight while Shaco split pushes. Shaco's greatest effectiveness is shutting down the other team early. However, if they see you have a Shaco and they're smart, they'll just stay under their turrets and farm while Shaco sadfaces in the jungle.

You want to get good with probably about three junglers, in case your jungler of choice is banned or picked first. Skarner was getting banned a good bit for awhile, not sure if he still is. Skarner is all about the amazing ult. Udyr's probably the best for beginning junglers. Phoenix to clear stuff fast, turtle for a shield/some sustain, bear for vrooming and stunning. Udyr's amazing in team fights. Bear then cycle through their team stunning them. Fun times. Amumu's usually an insta-win too, especially if you go for a more "AE" style comp. Do you know how fun Amumu/Cass/Sona/MF/GP is?

But yeah, Udyr, Skarner and Amumu ftw.
    Shaco is the best for pugs, because pugs in pubs rarely wards or play defensively.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 06:09 AM ----------

Is Udyr good late game? Thing with good junglers like Shyvana and Lee Sin is that come late game, their role become more of a tank / off tank and lose their usefulness imo as compared to Skarner, Maokai etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    Shaco is the best for pugs, because pugs in pubs rarely wards or play defensively.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 06:09 AM ----------

Is Udyr good late game? Thing with good junglers like Shyvana and Lee Sin is that come late game, their role become more of a tank / off tank and lose their usefulness imo as compared to Skarner, Maokai etc.
    Yeah, I guess Shaco is good for pugs of people that have not played much. I usually convince my pug team not to be retarded and push out with a Shaco. Or if they do get ganked a bit, to hold out for late game because he is such a poor team fighter unless super fed and just picks people off. Usually win against Shaco teams. :3

I love Udyr late game. He's fairly tanky, but I'd probably prefer Lee Sin. Problem is many Lee Sins are pretty terrible and just picked him up CUZ THEY HURD HE WUZ GUD. Udyr's fairly easy to learn and easy to adapt to team needs. During team fights, hitting bear and charging whoever's carrying the enemy team is great no matter what phase of the game. Cycle through champions with bear stun. Not being focused, phoenix for some pewpews. If you're dying horribly, turtle shield then bear sprint away. I actually feel he's a bit better of a team fighter than Lee Sin, but I guess just because I love Udyr so so much. :P

All in all, I feel that I win more games with an Udyr jungler than a Lee Sin, and definitely a Shyvana.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin