Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Udyr is a great jungle. Has a reliable stun, shield, dot nuke and aoe, he's credit to team!

Deleted
    Shyvana and Mundo are both very safe and good junglers.

They are basically identical except for that Mundo has better ganks but Shyvana is better lategame. They are such fast junglers/counterjunglers you don´t need to rely on ganks to keep up.

I picked up Udyr, and may I say he is amazing! But I seem to lack early game with him, and I am not too effective, so I have 2 Questions. 1) What stance(s) should I take early game, and 2) What runes should I be picking up for him, both Jungling Wise and Laning wise?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IronChi3f117 View Post
    I picked up Udyr, and may I say he is amazing! But I seem to lack early game with him, and I am not too effective, so I have 2 Questions. 1) What stance(s) should I take early game, and 2) What runes should I be picking up for him, both Jungling Wise and Laning wise?
    For jungle: Attack Speed marks, Armor seals, MR/lvl glyphs, and Move Speed quints. Start and Max Phoenix first. Second point should be in turtle and you max that next. Put a point in bear stance at lvl 3 or 4 for ganking and your good to go (I prefer 4 for safer ganks/faster jungle). Now, here it differs. Some people (like myself) max bear and put three points in tiger, while others max tiger and put three in bear. If your maxing bear you can put off tiger stance till level 15-16. I usually put in a point at 12 for helping down towers, max bear then finish tiger.

You can go Tiger stance in he jungle, but phoenix is superior. Tiger stance is what you go top lane though. I've never gone top on him, but he is just as viable top as in the jungle.

No Armor Pen Marks? And I'm already working on the Armor/MR Runes so that's fine, plus I made some with the Rune Combiner. And what item priority do you use, I usually get Boots, then Madred's, and a Visage, and just go from the other team comp from there. Sorry I have to ask so many questions, I don't hardly ever Jungle, I usually am always Laning (usually with Volibear just feeding people) So I'm new to jumping out and killing people lol. Also I mean't to add to my last post, when I play him, he feels like a glass cannon, idk if it's because of me not knowing the correct stance dance or what, but I can deal some SERIOUS damage once I get to about 12 up, but if someone hits me, it's GG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IronChi3f117 View Post
    No Armor Pen Marks? And I'm already working on the Armor/MR Runes so that's fine, plus I made some with the Rune Combiner. And what item priority do you use, I usually get Boots, then Madred's, and a Visage, and just go from the other team comp from there. Sorry I have to ask so many questions, I don't hardly ever Jungle, I usually am always Laning (usually with Volibear just feeding people) So I'm new to jumping out and killing people lol. Also I mean't to add to my last post, when I play him, he feels like a glass cannon, idk if it's because of me not knowing the correct stance dance or what, but I can deal some SERIOUS damage once I get to about 12 up, but if someone hits me, it's GG.
    I go cloth+5 pots to start (from habit, not cause it's any better), though you don't really need to since the sustain from turtle is really good, so boots+3 pots is fine. Merc treads or ninja tabi depending on team comp, wits end, then Aegis if the support isn't grabbing it. Here, I deviate from traditional builds by building atmogs (atmas impaler + warmogs armor). By this point it's GG, but you could easily build more armor/MR to better fulfill the tank role, or you can build a Frozen Mallet to put out more damage and have a slow. Madred's only if your team needs that extra damage and the enemy is really tanky. Never build a spirit visage. I've learned the hard way, it's just not worth it.

And no armor pen marks. Those would be better for solo top tiger stance, though I think even there flat AD is better than ArPen.

I go cloth+5 pots to start (from habit, not cause it's any better), though you don't really need to since the sustain from turtle is really good, so boots+3 pots is fine. Merc treads or ninja tabi depending on team comp, wits end, then Aegis if the support isn't grabbing it. Here, I deviate from traditional builds by building atmogs (atmas impaler + warmogs armor). By this point it's GG, but you could easily build more armor/MR to better fulfill the tank role, or you can build a Frozen Mallet to put out more damage and have a slow. Madred's only if your team needs that extra damage and the enemy is really tanky. Never build a spirit visage. I've learned the hard way, it's just not worth it.

And no armor pen marks. Those would be better for solo top tiger stance, though I think even there flat AD is better than ArPen.
    Thank you for the info, I'll definitely try it and see if I can start jungling Of course once I get closer to finishing my runes, your info will help alot I'm sure. I appreciate everyone's input though, and good gaming to everyone!

I'd always go for Boots + 3 pots with Udyr. It increases your jungle speed so much and allows for far scarier ganks (can't gank someone who outruns you without a gapcloser).

Additionally boots allow pretty safe counterjungling (MS quints, masteries + boots = 400ms) in case you're facing a weak jungler like Amu, Naut or Sejuani or se teh opportunity to counterjungle because the enemy went for a level2 gank.

My prefered build is t1 boots -> HoG -> Ninja or Mercs -> Wit's End -> Randuins. this makes you incredibly tanky while still having good damage output. Early randuins = their ADs can't kill you and if their AP waste their CDs on you, you should win because your team no longer has to be scared of getting gibbed.

Afterwards it depends on the own team and the enemy team but usually a phage is a good buy just for the slow and some HP. When ahead get a trinity but if you are peeling more than anything else get a mallet to get thise assasins away from your carries.

I'd suggest watching teh following videos which should show most of the play style of udyr (jungle): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSWaM4lhP0E
    Teamfights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Soe8T...feature=relmfu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_uSAezpbbU