1. #1

    Where is the media, al sharpton, etc on this black on white racism???

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHlRDOnF1M

    I haven't heard anything about this on any national news, social media, etc. As a white man who feels as though this is blantant racism, we need to call attention to this matter. I guarantee you if this was a bunch of white kids on a lone black man it would be the end of the world.

    video filmed by @CASHton_Kutcher, starring Aaron Jacob Parsons and a cast of cowards who beat, robbed, and stripped naked a man who was defenseless, drunk, alone, and clearly in over his head, was posted to worldstar and twitter.

    The initiator of the physical violence is a thug from Baltimore, Maryland named Aaron Jacob Parsons. He is a self proclaimed 'club and party promoter'.

    Here is an event he is 'promoting': http://www.facebook.com/events/258555114212326/

    He also deleted his facebook and twitter account after the incident.
    Last edited by alturic; 2012-04-08 at 09:56 PM.

  2. #2
    I am Murloc! prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    5,707
    Interesting. But the world is still pretty convinced you can't be racist against white people, only the other way around.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Interesting. But the world is still pretty convinced you can't be racist against white people, only the other way around.
    That is exactly the point. Blacks are too quick to pull the race card as soon as anything happens to a black man at the hands of anyone who isn't black. Yet, shit like this, let alone black on black happen daily, everywhere.

  4. #4
    I am Murloc! prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    5,707
    I'd be careful you're probably going to get infracted with the implications you're making. But I understand where you're coming from. Try to word you're post so it doesn't come off racist yourself

  5. #5
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    11,565
    Its because of history, essentially.... more recently in history, black people had no rights, and before that were slaves. Even though there was a time when white people were enslaved just as readily, its more distant. Human perspectives are influenced by a variety of sources... and even now, there are statistical socioeconomic differences between black and white populations. So its easier to comprehend the group that has historically had the upper hand being abusive towards the other group than the other way around
    “A fool is not a person who does not know something. Rather, a fool is a person who is given information but who chooses to ignore what he is given based on how he wants things to be, rather than how things are."

    General Off-Topic Forum Moderator
    XKCD is always relevant. Always.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'd be careful you're probably going to get infracted with the implications you're making. But I understand where you're coming from. Try to word you're post so it doesn't come off racist yourself
    I don't see how I would get infracted, but meh, if I do so be it. It's not about being racist towards them. It's about being sick and tired of everything happening to them being so "omg horrible poor blacks" yet nothing. ever. is said about things blacks to do white people.

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    5,707
    This guys response is one OP may be interested in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toyClCLMz30 Just don't jump to conclusions. Not everyone is a racist. And somewhere out there is a black man who's actually more pissed off than you, because he has to deal with the connotations generated by this everyday. Even though this man may not be a part of anything even remotely racist.

  8. #8
    Brewmaster videotape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    1,413
    As the writers of South Park put it, "Jesse Jackson is not the Emperor of black people."

    Yes it is stupid that national media does not highlight stuff like this, but since when did anyone feel compelled to build their worldview around only what they see in national media?

    Racism cuts in all directions in America, and this is no secret to anyone who has opened their eyes and looked around. It's not just between blacks and whites either.

    None of it is justifiable, no matter how mad it makes you that national coverage is one-sided.

  9. #9
    Irish were considered to be below slaves during that era in the US and yet...nothing. Irish built skyscrapers, bridges, and did all the jobs that were considered to be "less socially acceptable" at the time. Irish also have a higher MOH recipient rate over any other ethnicity during WW1-WW2. Irish have had army brigades since America's founding and yet we never hear about them.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Its because of history, essentially.... more recently in history, black people had no rights, and before that were slaves. Even though there was a time when white people were enslaved just as readily, its more distant. Human perspectives are influenced by a variety of sources... and even now, there are statistical socioeconomic differences between black and white populations. So its easier to comprehend the group that has historically had the upper hand being abusive towards the other group than the other way around
    That really doesn't make sense. I mean, sure the what, great grandparents of them may have been slaves? Not a single black person alive today knows anyone who was actually a slave. Yea, your "people" were slaves at one point. Ok I understand that, sorry "my people" did that to yours but c'mon now. Let's all get over it, move on, and anything that happens to "your people" at the hands of "my people" is not always racism. Sure, you have those small pockets of people who don't like blacks just like you have those (imo) large pockets of black people who despise, detest, think they are owed the world for something that happened to their great-grandparents of people.

    Sure I may look like a racist, and hey maybe I am, but it's not to anyone in particular. I'm racist to those who think anything that happens to them is instant racism. Get over it people.

    So, back to the original question, wheres all the anti-racism crowd over this matter? The poor soul was mauled, clearly purposely by a large crowd of black people.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-08 at 06:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    This guys response is one OP may be interested in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toyClCLMz30 Just don't jump to conclusions. Not everyone is a racist. And somewhere out there is a black man who's actually more pissed off than you, because he has to deal with the connotations generated by this everyday. Even though this man may not be a part of anything even remotely racist.
    See, that's my entire point... think about it. Very, very, very few X on black crimes are actually racism nowadays. According to some in that "community" very, very, very few are not.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-08 at 06:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    As the writers of South Park put it, "Jesse Jackson is not the Emperor of black people."

    Yes it is stupid that national media does not highlight stuff like this, but since when did anyone feel compelled to build their worldview around only what they see in national media?

    Racism cuts in all directions in America, and this is no secret to anyone who has opened their eyes and looked around. It's not just between blacks and whites either.

    None of it is justifiable, no matter how mad it makes you that national coverage is one-sided.
    I'd hardly call what you see on TV the media covering it. You know as well as I do there is no "white" Jesse Jackson, etc.

  11. #11
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,075

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •