Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Let us not forget emulation. Having a gaming computer allows you to play any game from older consoles. Hell, I just played Super Mario 64 last night.
    Why not just play super mario 64 on your n64.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Why not just play super mario 64 on your n64.
    Because it's a hassle to get everything out and plug it all in. It's much easier to just download the emulator and plug in an Xbox controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    So you already bought a new PC, but asking us if you should get into PC gaming or not? You also already have at least two gaming platforms but for some reason want to forfeit one of them. That sounds really stupid. We also had the very same thread just recently, where another person asked for some tips concerning PC gaming.

I get the impression you're trying to start a flame war or just raise your post count.
    For one I'm not trying to start a flame war. But you seem to miss my points. I am not getting rid of my xbox, I am keeping it but only to play games that are specific to that console. I've been playing certain games on the PC for years now but I was trying to justify making my PC my main go-to for gaming and my xbox for when friends are over or for some gears of war and halo.

Deleted
    I play PC-only for now, but I have been an avid console-gamer in the past owning all the Nintendo consoles from the NES to the Gamecube. The family has also possessed a PS1 and PS3 at some point as well. It was only when I bought my own first PC when I actually made the leap fully (I have always played strategy games on PC before). So why don't I play console games right now? Quite simple, I don't like Sony and I think that Xbox has no soul (no offense to anyone who like the two consoles). Plus I think that the current console generation is awfully saturated with uninteresting games (Dark Souls, Nintendo games and Red Dead Redemption aside) which doesn't help. Leaves the Wii and... as much as I love Nintendo that console isn't for me. If the Wii U (or whatever they decide to call it) turns out to be really good I will pick it up, but that's probably it.

Besides, more and more games are being successfully ported to PC as well and I just need a handcontroller to play them as if it was on console. Games being cheaper on PC as well (40$ on PC and 60 on console, about there right?) the higher pricetag for the machine itself doesn't bother me that much. And I need a decent PC for my studies.
    Last edited by mmoc64e39b9c60; 2012-04-09 at 03:32 PM.