Fastest Kill Timer - Standalone or Bigwigs variant

So, I love BigWigs; it's my boss mod of choice. However, I very much miss the fastest kill timer that's standard in DBM. Every time someone in my raid shouts out we're 10 seconds faster than our best ever before, I feel a little left out.

Does such a timer or mod exist anywhere else? I've tried looking about but have found nothing except that they will never officially add one to BigWigs.

Many thanks.

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 08:09 PM ----------

Whilst I still doubt I'll get an answer, I would to point out I'm not looking for instance timers (they measure the time it takes to finish a whole dungeon or raid).

Also, as it looks like none exist, how hard would it be to create one? I'd be willing to pay some money over paypal or something for someone to create a functional timer that records and remembers your best kill times.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Instead of creating a new thread on the matter, I'll just rebump this one if possible. Still very interested in any info people have, still more than happy to pay a coder for his/her efforts.

I believe custom bars still work in bigwigs with /bwcb 1234 or /bwlcb 1234 the latter being a local bar - not sure this info helps anyone.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2013-01-17 at 02:33 PM.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    Bumping this too - I'm using BigWigs too and do not have a kill timer either. I'm willing to donate my appreciation

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but with v3.9 freshly out the door work on v4 has started. Whilst the main focus for v4 will be breaking various API to make is easier for devs to write modules, we are also thinking up new features.

I added a callback event for when a boss engages because someone was thinking of writing a simple auto response plugin. I can also add callback events for "Win" and "Wipe" which should make writing a plugin for this quite simple if someone wishes to work on one. The complex part would be making the display in the GUI.

Deleted
    Can't you copy it from DMB ^^ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Is that a joke?

Deleted
    Yes it's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
    I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but with v3.9 freshly out the door work on v4 has started. Whilst the main focus for v4 will be breaking various API to make is easier for devs to write modules, we are also thinking up new features.

I added a callback event for when a boss engages because someone was thinking of writing a simple auto response plugin. I can also add callback events for "Win" and "Wipe" which should make writing a plugin for this quite simple if someone wishes to work on one. The complex part would be making the display in the GUI.
    Well I'm sorry to say that my hopes are now a little raised I appreciate that you may be busy with other projects, but could you write something to get it down? Like I say, I am willing to support your efforts - a gui element would not be needed if you made this a simple offshoot project, would it?
    I am the lucid dream

I actually had this same thought a few weeks ago (along with the lack of auto reply module now that SBW doesn't support BNet whispers) and began to make my own. It's stand alone at the moment (uses LDB to display the data) and because of that is taking a little longer than I thought to get it right (after writing the combat detection for this mod, I have so much respect for the creators of BW and DBM. I really wish Blizzard would pick a method and stick to it. Garalon is 'boss5' Blizzard really?).

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to share it with you guys when I've ironed out the bugs and such, although I can't guarantee it'll function perfectly as it's not attached to BigWigs. It does however add a bar into BW to display the time remaining to your record kill. Here's a picture of how it looks if you're interested.

Deleted
    Dont anger the funkeh >:|

Quote Originally Posted by queggz View Post
    I actually had this same thought a few weeks ago (along with the lack of auto reply module now that SBW doesn't support BNet whispers) and began to make my own. It's stand alone at the moment (uses LDB to display the data) and because of that is taking a little longer than I thought to get it right (after writing the combat detection for this mod, I have so much respect for the creators of BW and DBM. I really wish Blizzard would pick a method and stick to it. Garalon is 'boss5' Blizzard really?).

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to share it with you guys when I've ironed out the bugs and such, although I can't guarantee it'll function perfectly as it's not attached to BigWigs. It does however add a bar into BW to display the time remaining to your record kill. Here's a picture of how it looks if you're interested.

That looks absolutely wonderful, I'd be a very happy forsaken if you managed to finish it
    I am the lucid dream

Yes it's a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
    Dont anger the funkeh >:|
    :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Well I'm sorry to say that my hopes are now a little raised I appreciate that you may be busy with other projects, but could you write something to get it down? Like I say, I am willing to support your efforts - a gui element would not be needed if you made this a simple offshoot project, would it?
    I had the idea of placing the kill times as a 1 liner in the current module configuration which would make things really simple, that idea has me thinking about it the possibility of adding it. It's something I'll just keep in mind for now.

Indeed making something standalone is tricky to say the least. Having a mod like BW that's already dealing with all that and feeding you callbacks simplifies things. That being said, I've now added callbacks for boss wipe and boss "win". Whether an auto response module makes it into v4 I cannot say right now.

Er, 12+ Minute LFR Wind Lord Kill? Do I want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    Er, 12+ Minute LFR Wind Lord Kill? Do I want to know?
    Yea, that's one of the bugs I'm currently working on. If you reset a boss by walking out of the room (Spirit Kings/Wind Lord) it'll occasionally keep counting. So for that one, we pulled the boss wiped after a few minutes by resetting the boss then pulled it again and killed it. That's the time of the 2 attempts + rebuffing, etc. I think I've got a handle on how to fix it now, just haven't had a chance to test it again.

Gonna take a look and see if I can hook into BigWigs callbacks in the next few days.

Gonna take a look and see if I can hook into BigWigs callbacks in the next few days.
    BigWigsLoader.RegisterMessage(yourAddonFrame, event, eventHandler)
    Last edited by funkydude; 2013-01-21 at 08:19 AM.
    https://github.com/funkydude - https://github.com/BigWigsMods
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...

Quote Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
    BigWigsLoader.RegisterMessage(yourAddonFrame, event, eventHandler)
    Thank you so much for the help funkydude. Couldn't have gotten this far without it.

Just wanted to update you all, I've got a relatively stable version up and running so I threw it on Curse here.

Feel free to leave any comments/bugs/whatever here or on Curse. Fingers crossed it works decently enough- currently working with a testing pool of 2 .

Just to note, it requires BigWigs and some type of LDB addon for it to be fully functional.

Hopefully get a chance to try this out tonight, if it works, you will have made at least one person in the world very happy.
    I am the lucid dream