Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharishi View Post
    The only realistic infection vector I've seen in a movie was from I Am Legend.
    rise of the planet of the apes did a pretty good job as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    To clarify I was limiting the movies I was thinking about to the zombie movie set.

There have been plenty of other good pandemic movies, ala The Stand.

Flies and other bugs would devour them, like these 3 deer in the woods I saw, A hunter shot them left them there and maggots where covering them and one was a skeleton.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was always a little fuzzy on that. The movie implied it was a chemical deployment. However there was the Firefly episode where the guy turned into a reaver after being exposed to reavers. I suppose he was supposedly just driven insane by what he saw, but that explanation seems more of an attempt to patch a plot hole than anything.
    I think it's that the original reavers were driven insane because of the chemical, while future reavers became reavers after seeing what the reavers do and having their pschye shattered by what they aw
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how quickly Madagascar closes their port.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    What the hell is this zombie plague everyone talking about, seriously I'm sure we're all adults here and if you think something like that is going to happen you need to visit a doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuryPride View Post
    What the hell is this zombie plague everyone talking about, seriously I'm sure we're all adults here and if you think something like that is going to happen you need to visit a doctor.
    Because this thread is superserious.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    I think it's that the original reavers were driven insane because of the chemical, while future reavers became reavers after seeing what the reavers do and having their pschye shattered by what they aw
    Yeah, it just seems weak as an explanation. People don't become raving murderous lunatics because they see violence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it just seems weak as an explanation. People don't become raving murderous lunatics because they see violence.
    Considering the reavers will rape you to death, eat you, and sew your skin into their clothing, in that order if you're lucky, I'd say they go some steps beyond just "violence"

I figured the reaver swap of that guy was like PTSD on crack

*jump to 1:47 on vid*
    Last edited by mistuhbull; 2012-04-09 at 05:02 PM.

Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Because this thread is superserious.
    This would be why people view gamers as nerds, crazies and having no life because threads like these are made. I mean really, the OP had nothing better to do in the minute it took to write that thread out?

Either way, I guess the hypothetical question I have from a movie watcher is what exactly is the zombie "infection"? I mean clearly it has to start from something, so I'm guessing it would be a man made thing? If that was the case, without being able to "control" the zombies who the hell would want to do something that would eventually kill them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Is it transferred through bites? If so, it wouldn't spread at all. Think about other diseases that spread through biting. When was the last time you heard of a rabies epidemic? Sure, maybe we'd have minor outbreaks in 3rd world countries if there were zombie mosquitoes, but that's worst case scenario.
    This article explains it very well. And actually read it before you go "lol cracked is a comedy website doesn't count"
    http://www.cracked.com/article_18683...l-quickly.html
    Hepatitis B, hepatitis C, herpes simplex virus (HSV), syphilis, tuberculosis, actinomycosis, and tetanus are all diseases that spread through biting, and only if done by another human. Approximately 20% of all adults in United States alone have herpes, not to mention other diseases or other ways it can spread.

And please don't ever link Cracked because their creditably is close to zero as they spread a lot of unscientific ideas as if they were common in scientific community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mi33 View Post
    Hepatitis B, hepatitis C, herpes simplex virus (HSV), syphilis, tuberculosis, actinomycosis, and tetanus are all diseases that spread through biting, and only if done by another human. Approximately 20% of all adults in United States alone have herpes, not to mention other diseases or other ways it can spread.
    I'm not sure if you're serious.

Do you think most people get syphilis through bites?

Quote Originally Posted by FuryPride View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one annoyed with the fascination with zombies.

I'm not sure if you're serious.

Do you think most people get syphilis through bites?
    I think he's saying animals have the deceases and bite people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Considering the reavers will rape you to death, eat you, and sew your skin into their clothing, in that order if you're lucky, I'd say they go some steps beyond just "violence"

I figured the reaver swap of that guy was like PTSD on crack

*jump to 1:47 on vid*
    Oh trust me, I've seen it enough to know. I just think they were planning to go one way with the origin of reavers in the show, and then went another in the movie. It's a minor plot hole, but still something that irks me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    This would be why people view gamers as nerds, crazies and having no life because threads like these are made. I mean really, the OP had nothing better to do in the minute it took to write that thread out?

Either way, I guess the hypothetical question I have from a movie watcher is what exactly is the zombie "infection"? I mean clearly it has to start from something, so I'm guessing it would be a man made thing? If that was the case, without being able to "control" the zombies who the hell would want to do something that would eventually kill them?
    How is this mental exercise any different from the people who do hypotheticals on sports or politics?

Hell, me and my friend had an interesting one a couple weeks ago. Given the current geopolitical state, what would country A have to do to effectively nuke country B

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 10:13 AM ----------

Oh trust me, I've seen it enough to know. I just think they were planning to go one way with the origin of reavers in the show, and then went another in the movie. It's a minor plot hole, but still something that irks me.
    That Firefly was cancelled after a single season irks me.

and the video was more for the enjoyment of the unaware

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one annoyed with the fascination with zombies.
    Why is an enjoyment of discussion of zombie scenarios annoying? Are people not allowed to have non productive hobbies? I don't play magic, but I'm not annoyed by people who do. If you don't care to participate in the conversation, don't, but belittling those who do is juvenile.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    In today's globalized world, where people constantly travel and cross borders freely. Where there is a large amount of constant movement. And where all these forms of transport are much cheaper and more accessible than ever before.

-How long do you think it would take for a biological contagion of the zombie nature to spread globally and why?
    Impossible to tell without more parameters. Different countries would take different measures. There's way too many variables.

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 05:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by QuinthalasKT View Post
    "Contagion" (2011) wants to say, "Hi!"

(I also study Biology)
    You use hollywood movies as a base for realistic estimates? Hahaha! Good one!

Deleted
    almost headbutted the desk laughing at this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck you Madagascar.

Fuck.

YOU