Aliens: Colonial Marines

So at the moment I don't see a thread on this since the last time I made on this game.
    Gearbox with the help of Sega and Fox (Holds the rights for the Franchise) were tasked with making a cannon sequel to Aliens.
    That was almost 3 years ago now, Gearbox have been showing it off now. Its in Alpha stage with a release date of Autumn.

17 Days
    Story details are, of course, hard to come by, but I couldn't help but ask about the MacGuffin. The last time we saw the U.S.S. Sulaco it was automatically putting Hicks, Ripley, Bishop, and Newt in an escape pod at the beginning of Alien 3 (and we know how well that turned out). So how does the Sulaco make its way back to planet LV-426? Where do these extra Marines come from? Remember when Ripley asked, "How long after we're declared overdue can we expect a rescue?"

"'17 days? We're not going to last 17 hours, man!' We liked that. That gave us something," explains Pitchford shortly after the demo was over. "That means more Colonial Marines can enter this situation. What we know is that the Sulaco is no longer in orbit around Fury (the prison planet from Alien 3) and it's back around LV-426 (the planet from Aliens). You know the atmosphere processor blew, but aliens have infested the Sulaco -- something happened. And since we have a battalion force of Marines, we can have an endless stream of redshirts, but we also want to build a close-knit squad around the player character."
    (Borrowed from an article)

Story/ campaign
    Here we have the opening intro to the game and some footage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qLuO...layer_embedded
    The story mode will over single player and co-op drop in drop out 4 player.
    The Marines you pick up along the way have names and back story and personality.
    Colonial marines names are O'Neal, Bella, Winter, and Cruz. Winter is the main Protagonist of the game.
    This is the Cinematic Trailer for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfOOO...ure=plpp_video
    My fave bits so far have been that you find Bishops legs in the hanger bay and a massive acid splash where Ripley fought the queen.

Weapons
    Only 5 weapons have been Previewed so far.
    Shotgun: Seen by Hicks using it. An is now in the game too.
    M41A Pulse -rifle: From the original Aliens, its going to be an smg type weapon but all purpose ass kicking gun.
    Smartgun: Also from Aliens, auto locks on to Aliens just have to pull the trigger. Has a nice looking UI while using it.
    M16 type gun, 3 round burst fire.
    Pistol: self explanatory .
    Each of them has a secondary fire, like the Pulse Rifle can fire grenades.

To ratchet up the tension, you will have a motion tracker. Just like Hudson you can play it but the catch is........
    You can use that or a gun at one time. Want to check it out you have to sling you weapon and bring it up in front of your face to check.
    Leaving you open to possible attack, so choosing when to use it is a tactical decision.

Aliens
    3 have been shown so far in gameplay and multi player vids.
    Stalker: Does what it says on the tin.
    Warrior: Main stay of Aliens.
    Crusher: Introduced by Gearbox but had full go ahead of Fox. Has an armored head so shooting at it front on is futile, think rhino and panther mixed together and quite lethal.

Multiplayer
    Only team death match was shown at Pax East.
    Its your typical Marines vs Aliens.
    Marines fight in your standard fps style, while Aliens get to play in 3rd person.
    Marines do well to fight in groups because a lone marine will get picked off far to easy.
    Where as the Aliens have to think tactical and use the environments to their advantage, such as shadows or the ceiling and crawling out of vents to try and split the marines apart to kill them.
    Here is a vid to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvgOgKx79QY

It comes out for Xbox360, PS3, Wii U and PC.
    For all those that are worried PC wont get any love don’t be.
    Randy Pitchford Gearbox President
    Figuring out (the Xbox 360 and PS3) takes some energy away from the PC platform," says Pitchford. "But some of that stuff is automatic now. We've got all of our libraries to do that interface stuff, so now we can reinvest into following through with the PC version. And we're PC gamers, we know what we want there. We've always used the PC as our development platform, so from a rendering point of view, every game we've launched this generation, the PC version has been the highest-fidelity version with the best materials and the best graphics."
    "But we've kind of forgotten that, as PC gamers, we're OK with smaller fonts, and we want a lot of options for graphic settings. But in terms of keyboard configuration and stuff like that, that's fair. We used to do a lot better, so we're doing better for the future."
    More info here http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/sh...d.php?t=135370

I think that will be enough info for anyone interested, I wrote this as a labor of love for Aliens. Im dyslexic so please don’t deride me on grammar and spelling.
    Would like a healthy discussion and no mocking . TL DR

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    i have low expectations and just hope its better than AVP.. but if its good im going to wait for the WiiU version.

In all expectations its looks way better and they got rid of the turd in the punchbowl ie the predator.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?