Thread: Auto Clicker

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Auto Clicker

So, a facebook game i rather like to play (Farmtown lol) has a ton of clicking involved, and it recently was brought to my attention my a family member that using an auto click program speeds things up tenfold, my questions are:
    Will using such a program case blizz to ban my WoW account? i dont know if they would pick it up as third party software and red-flag me
    And i can only seem to find ones that i need to buy, is it something i can "make" so to speak, or am i gonna have to search harder?

Thanks alot=)

Deleted
    Blizzard doesn't get any information from external applications unless they read WoW's memory.
    If you plan on using it for wow, you can get in trouble if reported. Very unlikely otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of free ones available from cnet.

Also if you regularly start using an auto clicker with any game it is detectable by the frequency of the clicks... (for example if your constantly clicking at a frequency of once per second for a protracted period of time it can flag up on some systems as a possible bot)

There are some occasions when you can explain it away like for doing lots of tedious tasks that would likely cause you RSI from doing the same action so much... but games rarely accept that excuse.

http://downloads.cnet.co.uk/view/uti...cker-39969014/

Unlikely that farmtown will have many measures in place to detect an auto clicker though

If you are going to use it for WoW, then yes, Blizzard can and will ban you (since they are able to detect the response time and if they continue to see a action hit every 1 second, then they will look into the situation seeing as there's nobody that can precisely hit a button at the same exact time, down to the ms).

If you are using it for a facebook game and WoW is in the background, Blizzard wouldn't be able to detect it seeing as WoW would be in the background (almost all, if not all, programs that simulate clicks can only click the button for the program in the foreground, not the background).

There's have numerous reports of players being banned due to using macros and autoclick programs to simulate actions (just look up WoW and Logitech keyboards, the G-keys).

In terms of programs, yes there's free programs out there, some aren't as easy to use, but they are out there.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been using home-made autoclicker for WoW, just for idling in capitals though, for like 4-5 years. Never banned.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    There are plenty of free ones available from cnet.

Also if you regularly start using an auto clicker with any game it is detectable by the frequency of the clicks... (for example if your constantly clicking at a frequency of once per second for a protracted period of time it can flag up on some systems as a possible bot)

There are some occasions when you can explain it away like for doing lots of tedious tasks that would likely cause you RSI from doing the same action so much... but games rarely accept that excuse.

http://downloads.cnet.co.uk/view/uti...cker-39969014/

Unlikely that farmtown will have many measures in place to detect an auto clicker though
    Oh, brilliant thanks for the link And no, ill definitely not use it for wow, i cant even think of a reason it would be useful in WoW given the GCDs, Ill make sure its always disabled then when i load WoW just incase Thanks for all the replys, its much appreciated=)

10+ Year Old Account
    If your not using it for WoW it shouldn't be a problem. Blizzard aren't real interested about you potentially breaking another games rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia View Post
    I've been using home-made autoclicker for WoW, just for idling in capitals though, for like 4-5 years. Never banned.
    Mind if I ask what language you wrote it in?

Deleted
    Home made as in; something external hitting your keyboard? The latency on such a thing is so off it is not detectable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Oh, brilliant thanks for the link And no, ill definitely not use it for wow, i cant even think of a reason it would be useful in WoW given the GCDs, Ill make sure its always disabled then when i load WoW just incase Thanks for all the replys, its much appreciated=)
    When the Ahn'Qiraj patch hit, I rerolled on a new realm they opened (called Ahn'Qiraj of all things!), and there was a war effort thingy that involved the entire realm (most people must have heard of the mythical AQ opening event). While grind-leveling I got my hands on plenty of cloth, that I used to make bandages out of (to help the war effort).

Long story short, having an autoclicker saved me from hour-long sessions of simply standing still in IF, making bandages. Naturally I was scared shitless I'd get banned, so I never left the computer. But it was very freeing not having to do thousands of clicks myself.

Can we please stop discussing unlawful programs in regards to World of Warcraft? Thanks.
    &nbsp;

I've had an autoclicker for random stuff (before wow) that was programmed using VB. Obviously, using one for WoW is illegal and that is the end of that conversation However, for non-wow-related things, you can get really good ones that can pick up colors/patterns as well as timing and can be compeltely automated for farmville. (These are essentially bots.)

WoW easily picks up auto-clicking apps/bots.

Deleted
    Home made with randomized intervals is undetectable.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, it's just right click every ten seconds, did it in Delphi...

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    Blizzard doesn't get any information from external applications unless they read WoW's memory.
    If you plan on using it for wow, you can get in trouble if reported. Very unlikely otherwise.
    Unfortunately this is not true. Warden scans your whole machine regardless where it reads from.

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Can we please stop discussing unlawful programs in regards to World of Warcraft? Thanks.
    Why is your Sig so big?

15+ Year Old Account
    it shows up that big because of all the info on the left under his username. since his post was only one like the sig seems huge. Same with Mortisia's post above
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I love Ghost Control, for facebook and wow.
    http://download.cnet.com/Ghost-Contr...-10350444.html

I'm always "present" at my computer while running this and WoW, however it's beast for running on my second monitor while watching movies/tv shows on my primary.
    Btw, been running it with WoW for 2-3 years with zero issues, I always tab in and jump or send a few messages out every once in awhile.

| OPEN PM Requests | Siggy Gallery |

Deleted
    so everybody is screaming how its 'illegal' to use autoclickers with wow, but no one screams about those macro-buttons on gaming-keyboards while its exactly the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Brainni View Post
    so everybody is screaming how its 'illegal' to use autoclickers with wow, but no one screams about those macro-buttons on gaming-keyboards while its exactly the same thing...
    Maybe because they *aren't* the same thing.

Auto-clickers simulate key presses. All macros do is they can be configured to do some kind of action, a user is still required to press the button.

For example, if I macro '1' to 'G1' (Logitech keyboard), I still have to press 'G1' to make the action. If I have an autoclicker program, I can just set it to press '1' every 1 second. Two different options. Sure, macros and autoclickers are usually used in combination, but they are *not* the same.
    Last edited by Adorada; 2012-04-11 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adorada View Post
    If you are going to use it for WoW, then yes, Blizzard can and will ban you (since they are able to detect the response time and if they continue to see a action hit every 1 second, then they will look into the situation seeing as there's nobody that can precisely hit a button at the same exact time, down to the ms).

If you are using it for a facebook game and WoW is in the background, Blizzard wouldn't be able to detect it seeing as WoW would be in the background (almost all, if not all, programs that simulate clicks can only click the button for the program in the foreground, not the background).

There's have numerous reports of players being banned due to using macros and autoclick programs to simulate actions (just look up WoW and Logitech keyboards, the G-keys).

In terms of programs, yes there's free programs out there, some aren't as easy to use, but they are out there.
    1. They can, yes, but most likely won't unless he gets badly caught and is doing some kind of harm with it. I know ton of people who've botted up their fishing like that without any consequences.
    2. They can't "detect" it no matter if its foreground of background. They can only see if you magically click your mouse every 0.1 seconds or so, which can be suspicious. But no Blizzard employee will pay attention to that, unless you're reported.

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adorada View Post
    Maybe because they *aren't* the same thing.

Auto-clickers simulate key presses. All macros do is they can be configured to do some kind of action, a user is still required to press the button.

For example, if I macro '1' to 'G1' (Logitech keyboard), I still have to press 'G1' to make the action. If I have an autoclicker program, I can just set it to press '1' every 1 second. Two different options. Sure, macros and autoclickers are usually used in combination, but they are *not* the same.
    Well, actually it's basicly the same thing. You click the auto clicker, so it starts clickin' for you. Just like you click the macro button, and it starts clickin' for you.