Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders lag problem.

Okay, so I'm having a problem with these amazing shaders.
    Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...-shadows-more/

Problem:
    After a while (20 minutes, maybe?), I get huge lag where my FPS drops to 0-3 and I have to restart Minecraft completely in order to make it playable again. Then it'll just happen again 20 minutes later.

PC Specs:
    16 GB Ram @ 1866 MHz
    2x Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 in SLI, 4 GB dedicated memory in total.
    Z68XP-UD3 motherboard.
    Intel Core i5-2500K CPU overclocked to 3,9 GHz.
    OCZ Agility3 SSD.
    Running Win 7 Pro, 64-bit with 64-bit Java.

Installed Mods:
    Optifine Multi-Core version. (Duh..)

I've tried with both the default and ultra configs, since my computer should be more than capable of handling the ultra shaders.
    Minecraft doesn't run out of memory (uses at max 35%).
    I've posted in the official mod thread, but I thought I'd ask here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    Have the same issue. I've been told that it's due to the java environment and there is not much you can do.

Hmm... I sure hope it's not unfixable.. :S

Anyone with possible solutions, please post 'em.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

I heard it doesn't make use of SLI but you should for sure be getting a better fps than my 9800gt I get like 17fps at best. I am not sure but don't blame java because I know people who have made this run fine with a way worse setup than you.

Quote Originally Posted by johnboyofsj View Post
    I heard it doesn't make use of SLI but you should for sure be getting a better fps than my 9800gt I get like 17fps at best. I am not sure but don't blame java because I know people who have made this run fine with a way worse setup than you.
    I thought this thread was dead.. :O
    Well, welcome to the forums and thanks for your input.

Anyway, I've solved the problem... Kinda.
    I'm now using Spoutcraft - a heavily modified Minecraft client - which, among other things, has built-in support for custom shaders. Installing Sonic Ether's shaders on that client gives me 40-60 FPS consistently, which is more than enough. It's not totally glitch-free, but it works and I don't lag, so I'm happy.
    I assume that the glitches I get are because Sonic Ether's shaders requires OptiFine, and Spoutcraft uses their own OptiFine-ish mod, instead of the one the shaders were originally made for.