Question 25m Raid comp questions - Mists

Our guild has two 10m teams that have 8/8H on farm status. We will be combining our teams and doing additional recruitment to build a single 25m team in Mists.

I would like to ask those of you with more experience, as well as those who have been follow Mists beta changes closely - what sort of raid compare you looking at so far for your 25m?

I'm particularly interested in thoughts on the main tank pair, as well as how many / what classes for your healer team.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's opinions.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

10+ Year Old Account
    I think as far as your tank pair, any two tank classes work well together. I would bring the players over the class for those spots.

For healers we try to just have at least 1-2 of everything so you always have the most variety of tools when it comes to a new boss fight. As for how many..that really depends on your healers and content. Last week we 3 healed H ultraxion, this week we are planning on 1 and a half healing it with a disc priest dpsing most the time. After the spine nerfs we jumped up to 7 healers just to make it a joke. It really just depends on how you want to tackle content, raid comp overall is a little more forgiving in 25m then 10 since you have the space to have everything.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any 2 pair of tanks can work but Feral tank is always nice because they can dish out more DPS when there is a break in off tanking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hapylol View Post
    Any 2 pair of tanks can work but Feral tank is always nice because they can dish out more DPS when there is a break in off tanking
    Which is why the DPS and Tank Feral speccs are being seperated; this will no longer be the case in Mists.

It's too early to tell about anything. They haven't started number tweaking classes yet, not to mention that the Raid fights aren't done, so there's nothing you can really do to prepare. Just make sure that you have a good mixture of classes, good mixture of ranged and melee DPS and make sure you know who's going to be playing/raiding in Mists. At this point, just make sure you have every different Tank class covered, like DPS that are willing to swap into Tank and vice versa.

WAY too early to make any sort of prediction as to what healer/Tank class will be the in 5.0.1. The Beta hasn't even allowed leveling to 87, numbers are off, spells/abilites might get added/removed.

Wait until the raids can be tested, then Blizzard will start tuning the classes more closely

The tricky part is that I need to start planning my team now, tho! XD
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

Deleted
    pick the players not the classes,

those who have experienced some of the new stuf on beta will likely be more "locked in" to playing a class/spec as they have experienced some of the major changes already.

start simple -> ask your raid force who would be wanting to switch to something else -> let them

-> let your 20 raiders do whatever they want and let the "recruits" fill the gaps. only recruit what you need ( with 1-2 spare tanks, 2-3 spare healers, 3-4 spare dps some of the "spare" may literally be "ofspecs" so it;s less than you think as the total "spares may be 2+3+4 but if 5 of those are people with ofspecs your sorted.) remember at start of mop with spec specific questing rewards peoples of-spec is gona get all the items it's currently missing as the mainspec stil has the leftover raid stuff, so in theory everyone's ofspec should be green level 87+ in almsot all slots by the time your gearing up in 5 mans so it's not far behind as no quest has a useles item anymore unles BOTH your specs current stuff beats it isntead of it just being 1 or neither per quest.

Tough luck, you really can't make any predictions at this point. This is especially true when they're adding a new class and we have no idea how that'll work at max level, let alone in conjunction with other classes.

All you really can do is to assume that monks will be good enough and reserve 1-3 spots for those and ask people who'd like to reroll, make the rest of the raid comp based on how classes do in DS rather than based on what we know of them from beta.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    pick the players not the classes
    I mean, Blizzard can say that but.. I think we know that for HM progression this philosophy is not possible.
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

You should work on a comp that can complete 25m DS first. That way people can get used to the change of going 10 -> 25, but also the change in roles that will have to happen. Waiting til MoP is just wasting adjustment time you have now.

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 04:35 PM ----------

As far as tanks, just make sure all tanks are covered via Offspecs if you care about rankings. If not then any tank combo should work but I'm leaning to atleast 1 shield tank and 1 non shield tank for variety.

Quote Originally Posted by ashin View Post
    I mean, Blizzard can say that but.. I think we know that for HM progression this philosophy is not possible.
    If your question is because you want to compete for top 10 world or top 20 world you just need to have all of your tanks, have an alt tank of a different class, in the same gear level as their main. For example Blood Legion's tank has all four tank classes. They bring the player and he brings the class. If you want to compete with them you're going to have to do something similar. If you aren't competing for top 20 then bring whoever wants to tank, no matter the class, and let the other two dps. Essentially if you're going to want to compete for high rankings like your making it sound you should bring the player, the only difference is that player should also have multiple classes.

And yes, listen to the Ad Infinitum player up above. DK's were so exceptionally powerful when wrath started. Expect the same from Monk's and prepare for that accordingly.
    Last edited by refire; 2012-04-10 at 05:04 PM.

I guess specifically about tanks, yes bring the player not the class is okay. Also I think 25m is more forgiving in terms of allowing you to bring the player.

But I lead our guild as 10m in Cata, and I'm having flashbacks to T11 HM's for 10 man raiding. You absolutely could NOT bring the player. You had to bring the class(es).
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

Deleted
    You really cant start asking for classes now that all classes are getting tweaks.
    My advice would be picking a few of each, to have something in the basket to pick from. Dont get too picky though, its still the player, and not his class that you wanna bring to the raid. (In my totally honest opinion)