Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Should have just done the whole thing through online purchase at their own shop and cut out all the retailers. No pre-purchase box, just an emailed code. Boxes sent out later at release. Codes updated online after release.
    Hey ho.
    I think your quite right, had it been only a digital purchase it would have been much simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    As far as i understand it you pay for the game full they give you the codes etc for the beta and early access and then come release ( ebay australia website says june 2012 ) you can walk in and pick up your box copy of the game. At least thats the impression i got when i called them about an hour ago...etc.
    Thats correct for America and i guess Austraila, however that seems to be not the case for europe and its caused quite a bit of confusion to whats escatly being gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I can say this though...SWTOR has been good for 1 thing, the cd case has been keeping my receipt safe for my fully paid for pre-order from GameStop.
    The box didn't happen to say "The force is strong with this one," when you placed the receipt in it?
    Last edited by mmoc6ac2e31c48; 2012-04-10 at 03:26 AM.

That's what I've seen as well. EU isn't getting any physical content in their standard editions. Not sure why they bothered with the boxes at all honestly.

Deleted
    "Guild Wars 2: Pre-Purchase Standard Edition: Pre-Purchase Redemption

Guild Wars 2 is the second instalment in the franchise, and boasts spectacular pre-purchase bonus content, made all the more exclusive due to the limited amount of stock. Interestingly enough, the game is not in disc format; instead, you will be given a serial code with download and activation instructions. This code grants all the pre-purchase bonuses when the game is purchased after the 10th April (the date you will be charged), and gives you a three day head start before the full release of the game (Yet to be announced). You will also be guaranteed entrance to all of the beta weekend events, and be provided with an in-game item; a Hero's Band.

From 10th April, players who pre-purchase the Guild Wars 2 Standard Editions will receive guaranteed entry into all beta weekend events and a three-day head start prior to launch, giving them the opportunity to be among the first to secure their character and guild names. As a bonus, players who pre-purchase any edition will also receive an exclusive Hero’s Band, which will provide their characters with a variety of stat enhancements as they venture into the world of Tyria in Guild Wars 2"

quoted from a uk retailer website

http://www.thehut.com/games/platform.../10599388.html

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhrim View Post
    At least there's 1 retailer that knows what's going on. I've been reading some things that people are saying on reddit. I've seen people say that they called GameStop and they either had no idea about the pre-purchase, or that there were even beta keys being sold, and other people saying that their Gamestop is offering pre-purchase benefits with pre-orders.

GameStop seems so confused I expect a shit storm of a mess tomorrow lol. When I paid for my pre-order the guy that was there was following GW2, so I hope he's there tomorrow morning when I walk in. I bought it when they were doing the beta sign ups at the end of Feb, so we talked about that for a bit.

Deleted
    At least there's 1 retailer that knows what's going on. I've been reading some things that people are saying on reddit. I've seen people say that they called GameStop and they either had no idea about the pre-purchase, or that there were even beta keys being sold, and other people saying that their Gamestop is offering pre-purchase benefits with pre-orders.

GameStop seems so confused I expect a shit storm of a mess tomorrow lol. When I paid for my pre-order the guy that was there was following GW2, so I hope he's there tomorrow morning when I walk in. I bought it when they were doing the beta sign ups at the end of Feb, so we talked about that for a bit.
    I guess it shall make for very interesting times at your Gamestop store tomorrow, bring a megaphone and some warm socks. :P

I shall be heard! lol, unless they know wtf is going on and I can just walk in and out without any problems

Deleted
    I shall be heard! lol, unless they know wtf is going on and I can just walk in and out without any problems
    When i walk into a game store and state something i expect them to know but they don't and i've found this information on the internet, they then look at me like i'm a bit....weird....i want to hide.

However the relief when they do know whats going on, its like a swoosh your in your out a smile on your face and a spring in your step, which you need when traveling through cities....buses..trams......motorized scooters, without that spring you could be road kill.