Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    any meme is annoying...

And when people write r and u instead of are and you, just makes them look illiterate and retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    No offense, but... (you know this will always come before something offensive)
    I'm guilty of this one.

I use similar variations of this on a regular basis. Examples:

No offense mate, but your output just isn't high enough for this encounter.
    I'm not trying to have a dig here mate but your DPS just isn't high enough for us to complete this encounter. We need everyone above (X value) if we want to beat enrage.

Some people take negative criticism very personally. Adding something at the start can help cut off drama before it starts, context and reasoning also makes people feel better in some cases or at least understand the reasons why they are being replaced. Sometimes this has the desired effect and the person goes, theory crafts and improves. Sometimes people react as if I just set their cat on fire while having sex with their mother and emailed them the video.....

When people use "hella" as an adverb.
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    I don't think you're understanding this
    Besides that, they both could... idk, kill you.

Here I go...
    -Yolo: Sick and tired of this phrase being mentioned about 24 times in each of my classes...
    -"To be honest...": What? Are you saying you're never honest?
    -"That's what she said!": No...that's NOT what she said...
    -And people who constantly toss in "like" or "uh" between every two or three words in a sentence, doesn't make ye look cute lasses.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Same difference"

It doesn't make sense if not used in reference to an analogy.

The phrase "Just saying"

What always goes through my mind is "No, I thought you were acting it out with your mouth!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralethsolur View Post
    Honestly in all of the MMOs I have played, the word/phrase that bugs me the most is "toon". I cannot find and logical etymology for that. People call their characters.. toons for some reason. What happened to the spirit and essence of an RPG where you play Characters?
    I personally never heard this until WoW, most MMO's I played you made one character and that was it. It seems to me that pumping out alts makes you less attached to one single character, maybe that has something to do with it. I agree though, it sounds stupid.

"You misspelled/wrote that wrong" "You said it wrong" etc
    So i dont like people who think they are so much better because they write/talk in "their mind" the correct way. Saw some comments about "dont like people who say this, instead of this". I assume that US, or any english speaking country also have diffrent dialects, and the "correct way" is not the correct way to speak.
    I speak and understand 4 languages, but its only english people who feel the need to correct me..

Hmm ingame, trade going on with "you mad, your mom, you suck" etc. I simply /leave trade
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

my least favorites would have to be
    - " Really? Seriously? Really? "
    - " Warsh or Worsh " in place or wash.
    - " Deal with it "
    The way reagent is pronounced makes me want to grind my teeth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything with "Brah"
    "You play [X] so you have no life"
    "All I'm saying" or "I'm just saying"
    and "Y U NO...."

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Vanilla. Hate that word in WoW context. Vanilla is a flavor, not a time in WoW's life.

Also, people who call soft drinks "pop" make my blood boil.
    why so in wows context? Vanilla is a very common synonym for plain or standard, hell, it is even in the thesaurus.

Deleted
    ''If you don't like it, dont watch it.''

UURRGGH how am i supposed to judge it if i don't watch it ?

Deleted
    "UMAD?" Soooooo overused, raged at a girl who used all those overused phrases on facebook the other day. Really cant stand them!

"Shit has hit the fan" - doesnt really annoy me, but if you think about it, its kinda disgusting ^^

Deleted
    Over used sporting phrases such as 'At the end of the day...' annoy me the most, and I'm not a huge sports fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    why so in wows context? Vanilla is a very common synonym for plain or standard, hell, it is even in the thesaurus.
    In using it in that context anywhere really. I honestly haven't seen it used much outside of WoW. Original or Classic is a much better term for it.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

"See what I did there" when used in forum posts.
    "retarded" - A word appearing way too often in WoW chat.

Deleted
    "Believe you me" errrr what?

any variation of "u mad bro?" and "u jelly?" i honestly want to shoot kids who say that...

2 things:

"What are you wearing under your kilt?"
    Piss off.

"Wait, you're colour blind... what colour is this?!"
    again, piss off.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.