Dev Summary April 3rd - April 9th

The full article can be found here. Not a whole lot in this one due to Pax East, but there are some interesting tidbits

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Principal Lead Combat Designer Georg Zoeller
    • Clarified that all item set changes are not on the PTS yet.
    • Items made from those schematics will be BoE when the next round of PTS updates happen (so they should have happened 4/4 or 4/6).

Sr. Community Coordinator Allison Berryman
    • Reminded everyone that the community reps are not developers and can't answer certain questions on the forums.
    • Community reps do talk with the reps and share the concerns from the community and try to get answers to share with everyone as soon as they can.

Associate Online Community Manager Joveth Gonzalez
    • Confirmed that Patch 1.2 won't be released on 4/10 and reminded everyone that they will announce when it will be released ahead of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still haven't got my answer for re-engineering Operation gear (the new tiers) and gaining an orange version schematic so I can crit it for an augment slot >.> Maybe I just overlooked it somewhere but I honestly can't find anything on this. Ugh.

Were you wondering if you would be able to do that? I feel like I did see that answer somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I still haven't got my answer for re-engineering Operation gear (the new tiers) and gaining an orange version schematic so I can crit it for an augment slot >.> Maybe I just overlooked it somewhere but I honestly can't find anything on this. Ugh.
    The new purple stuff from raids and black hole commendations? Yes, you can. The New PvP stuff you buy a box with recipes in, but those orange ones require you to have the War Hero title.

The current purple stuff, rakata, exotech and so on? I have no idea - I've seen both yes and no to that, so I'm not sure.

I must admit, this whole change isn't really entirely clear as to the scope of what is actually changing in regards to gear. A lot of the official posts are worded as though you can take almost anything and turn it orange, but it seems more like there is actually only a handful of gear that has orange recipes since (I think) you can only RE gear with mod slots in it (no greens or blues), and you also can't RE Oranges. Okay, well you can RE Oranges, Greens, and Blues, but you can't learn Orange recipes from them, you can just get some crafting mats. It also means you can only get orange Gloves/Boots from REing the Purple stuff - at least to my knowledge anyway, I haven't been able to find any crafted orange boots/belts. In the same way.

But then again, I could also be mixed up, because it's not too clear, and there's an awful lot of people on the forum giving different information, and since the character I got copied to the PTS was a Biochem, it's not like I can easily test it for myself and see.
    Last edited by Raeli; 2012-04-10 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    from what I have gathered from various posts. New tier gear will be RE'able, pvp skins will be sold, bunch o new orange patters will be dropping as random drops and be added to gathering profs. However old tier will not at this time but it seems it will be going forward.

Well on the upside, they said that one of the changes they made is now when you go to RE something if you have a chance to learn the schematic for it it will display the % chance to learn. At least that way you won't be wasting your time RE'ing something you can't possibly learn the schematic for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the answers!