Poll: Why did you pick your Priest?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    After getting all other classes to 85, i figured its the class that i enjoy healing and DPSIng as the most, so here i am in the proccess of leveling a third priest :P

Deleted
    Yea im still deciding if i want a second priest or not >.>

On extra priest pure for pvp never hurts, so i can keep my pve priest Disc and Holy while my PvP priest can be Disc PvP and Shadow PvE <3

10+ Year Old Account
    because i needed to level an enchanter.. that and i'm actually starting to like shadow dps (not a huge fan of ranged classes, not sure why)

As a holy priests I got a tool for every situation. Always I'm on another healingclass and I look at my actionbar, I think that's a healing class? Blizz your are joking. After that I log on one of my Priests and smile, because I got so many healing spells^^

Other healers have pretty static priority. Priests have such a huge spellbook that we have more decisions to make than other healers. Shaman probably being the most notable exception in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    I was curious why people played the class that they play as there are a wide number of reasons. For me I usually go off the classes lore, and if I like it, I make it work in PvP one way or another! I was curious though, what is the main reason you rolled your Priest, whether it is a main or alt, what made you want to play one?
    Well when I first started playing WoW and went into PVPing at the low levels on my Hunter, I had a hard time killing targets with these big shinny bubbles around them. This was when PW:S had a 30 sec duration. It was absolutely amazing. I was never a healer until I started healing on my Paladin and loved the dynamics of healing. However, it was towards the end of 4.1 and was looking for an alt to level up and decided on a Priest after I read about the class. I don't really find priests to be that "heavy" in the lore department compared to Paladins and Druids. The only famous priest before Velen was Tyrande and even then Druids are just have way more lore.

I though the spells were kinda cool reading about it so finally gave it a shot. Atonement was one of the spells that made me decide to roll a priest besides shinny bubbles. It was a total blast levelling a Priest I must say. Never had more fun on any alt. Healing was a blast. Shields never broke and were pretty OP in PVP. I prtty much topped the DPS charts as Disc with Atonement till around level 60 only beaten by a arcane mage or hunter. Even Shadow was fun though it was a big mana eater. POH was pretty awesome when I got it coupled with Divine Ageis. I felt unstoppable till around level 83-84. Rapture was pretty much insignificant before level 84 and the ride was simply awesome. I loved Disc Healing with Atonement.

However, levelling at end game was a night and day difference compared to levelling. The class didn't play the same at all. Remember running the troll dungeons. It was a breeze on my Holy Paladin but found it really hard to keep up on my Disc Priest. I kept going OOM so quickly. It got a bit easier as I geared but it was hard. Had to adapt like never before. PoH didn't have much through put over all. In raids I was stuck to tank healing and kinda felt a Disc Priest lacking over all. Remember during Firelands , I found it hard healing the raid especially when a resto druid could do it better. Atonement was never a spec you could count on in progession raiding. Even when it was on farm mode , you couldn't get away too long just spamming Smite. So overall the class played very differently from the one I levelled up with. I didn't enjoy it. Mana was a problem and compared to a Paladin priests were lacking something.

I tried Holy but I didn't feel very comfortable and found it too overwhelming and lacking. Mana again was a pain. Think priests are probably the only class that I've found that doesn't play the same at level 85. My priest has been benched since Firelands now and did I mention the lack of cloth drops? Yeah I could do a much better job healing on my paladin with even less effort than I could on my Priest.

I am levelling a druid and we pretty much don't get anything fancy till around level 64 when we get lifebloom and wild growth around there.

Deleted
    I just felt like trying one back in Vanilla and have played it ever since. Not really sure why I picked it.

The reason I still play it is because I find Shadow fun and it has two strong Healer speccs that feel different enough from one another for it not to get boring. Also because it was the first character I played properly.

Where's the "To Fill Out the Guild's Raid Comp" option?

Voted for Class Mechanics, I find them very interesting to play, even though mine is lvl 77 as of just a minute ago. I am going to use it for PvP and it may just well become my main. :-)

I rolled my shadow priest back in Burning Crusade because I loved being useful to my party.

I'm still bitter about them removing VT's usefulness in Wrath...

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I can touch children in the name of God.

Most fluid healing class in the game. It feels natural healing as a Priest in comparison to any other healing spec.

Shadow is amazingly fun to play, the rotation has a lot of intricacies and small things that it seems can always be pushed father/optimized more, other classes don't have that same feeling to me.
    In addition there is a lot of unique utility (dispersion, lifegrip, self dispel(being removed :~( ), mass dispel, etc) so even on farm fights there is a lot you can do/watch/etc so it is never boring (to me).

Though I started as a healer in BC, I will definitely be shadow for the rest of my time in WoW.

They are the most fun healing class I think

I started just to be able to use Shadowform. Class mechanics grew on me over time. That's it. I despise healing with an avid force so...

My first char was a lock. Just adding.

Cuz it is a boss in disguise , or feels LIKE A BAWS

OT: Class mechanics/lore/and for some reason, it is just perfect.

from Healer PoV and 10 unique 85s.

I started playing WoW towards the end of Wrath along with 2 friends. One was Shammy (also a total newbie at that point) and the other was Paladin (who had some WoW experience). So I asked my pally friend, "I wanna dps, but also has the option of healing." Also didn't want to be the same class as either of them, so I was left with Druid or Priest. He promptly told me, Priest hands down. When I started raiding at 80, I then realized how easy Druids were, HoTs HoTs and more facerolling HoTs. I remember regretting my friend's recommendation.
    Alas, as with any game, I tend to become quite attached to my first character, so I never changed mains, even after making an 85 paladin and an 85 druid.

tldr version: It just so happens that I wanted to be a healer and Priest was the very first one I tried.

I've just always liked the priest spell effects and the armor sets almost always turn out great. Oh and I enjoy healing.

It was the first class I chose back during the release. I regret playing a priest now. :P
    Last edited by LolomgBBtheQ; 2012-04-11 at 03:52 AM.

I put my vote into Class Mechanics.

I love my Priest to bits. She's my very first class. I used to be MS Shadow before I joined my main raid group to heal. I also have an 85 Pally (Holy/Ret/Prot), Druid (Boom/Resto), and Shaman (Resto/Ele). My Priest is the only class where I comfortably and really enjoy playing all 3 specs (I have to raid in all 3 specs too >< yay for constant respeccing!)

For healing, I love the spell variety. Some say there's a lot of spells for healing priests but I don't think so, or maybe I'm just used to it because it's my first healer.
    For Shadow, what's not to love? Except maybe RNG orbs... ><

- PW:Shield - Amazing to have in all specs. Many lives have been saved with my precious bubbles! I hate being on like my Druid or Shaman seeing someone about to die and not being able to throw a little shield =[ I didn't mention Pally because they have LoH,which is a bit stronger than my PW:Shield =P
    - Which leads to my love for Divine Aegis. I love absorbs. And my healing buddy always calls it my "cock blocking bubbles" XD Love building up max Aegis bubbles on fights like Zon'ozz and Domo before the fight and watch my group take no damage =P
    - Buffs are a piece of cake, never need to worry about what buff to bring or who to give a certain buff to ^^ I guess that can also be considered a downside, since Priests don't give much in terms of buffs to a raid group.
    - PoM is another one of my favorites, quite unique to our class.
    - No CD on primary AoE heal. One reason I don't like healing on my Druid much is because AoE healing spells all have a CD (and Druids tend to be raid healers), while my Priest has the very wonderful PoH with no CD. I had no complaints back when Holy Pallies had a CD on HR because Hpallies were never really considered as raid healers and were given a fairly strict role as tank healers.
    - Atonement and Smite Healing - I leveled my main as Shadow/Holy and didn't touch Disc until I was 85. When leveling my second Priest, I decided to MS Disc and check out Disc leveling since that is something I missed out on my main. It was wonderful and strong, plus no mana problems like I had with low level Shadow. Atonement was amazing at low levels. At 85, I do swear by using AA/A spec. I don't like downtime / don't like to stand around doing nothing, and being able to DPS/heal/build Evangelism stacks is perfect to fill gaps of time for me. I don't like to spam PoH to build Aegis stacks during fights unless it's very predictable (like on Zon'ozz, not like Madness).
    - No dependent CCs. I'm pretty lazy XD but this can be seen as a positive or negative, positive in my case. I rarely hear a request to shackle or MC something (and most of the time I can't do either!) It's always sheeps, hexes, hibernates, traps, etc. I can just chill out and twiddle my thumbs as the CCs go out 0=]
    - Channeling. I love Mind Flay and Penance to bits. I love the ability to channel spells, where you could possibly get a tick off before having to move / be interrupted / etc. I've been leveling my little Warlock and I have the desire to just Drain Life all the things rather than deal with cast times of Shadow Bolt. That's one reason I'm not terribly fond of my Boomie, no fun channels =[ and Starfire likes to take years to go off. I also have a bad habit of spamming my cast spell rather than waiting for the right time to cast again, which I can't expect to do with a channel like Mind Flay so I end up focusing more on my button pressing.
    - Shadowform and purpley goodness. I think when I first started playing (RAFed with a friend who invited me to play), I was debating between a Shadow Priest and a Hunter. I went with a Priest when I found out about purpley Shadowform. It was like a moth to a light, I must have Shadowform! Now I use Glyph of Shadow =X but even so I love the subtle shadowy look.
    - Hymn of Hope and giving others mana - I mean, it's no Mana Tide and the CD isn't the best, but the temporary mana increase plus the ability to give mana to others while you're in any spec is great. Whether I'm healing or DPSing a fight, I naturally have an eye on the other healers' mana to time when I should mana hymn. Currently have no Druids in our raid for Innervates, and when we do it's either a feral tank or Resto Druid (who's currently healing on his Resto Shaman, and uses Innervate on himself on his Druid). Having two Priests and two Hymn of Hopes does wonders for healers in our raid. I hope it doesn't become spec exclusive.
    - Holy Nova - Okay I only wanted to mention Holy Nova because it's pretty XD I like the graphics, it's a shame it's not more useful, although I do use it on H Madness. I choose Holy Nova > Mind Sear on adds because I want to be able to heal as well and not punish the other healers too much ^^ and I don't mean necessarily the heals from HN, but the ability to just HN like 2 times and then PoH to help heals, compared to having to stop Mind Sear, a semi expensive spell, after a few ticks.
    - Binding Heal is another one that I love (though situational) and is also unique to our class.
    - Mass Dispel - I would also add the ability to dispel in a DPS spec, but not with regular dispel anymore =[ I miss the ability to dispel friendly targets in Shadow. Makes me sad.

I'm just going on and on about Priests and like every spell almost =X. I have all healer classes and slowly working on a Warlock, Hunter, and Mage. While they're fun to play with and try out, at the end of the day, my Priest is where my heart is.

Sincerely,
    A Disc/Shadow/Holy Priest