Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is 3 days headstart and beta access worth £15?

Hi folks,

I raised this question on twitter, and I know that most of you will say yes.

GW2 on the guildwars site costs £49.99, but from Game it costs £34.99, that's a 30% saving.

Personally, I'll be getting mine via the GW2 site, as I don't really trust Game anymore after the whole administion thing.

buying it from game is like throwing your money into a blender and expecting to be able to buy something with it afterwards.

game is in massive upheaval at the moment so i wouldnt trust buying anything from them.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elfispresley View Post
    Hi folks,

I raised this question on twitter, and I know that most of you will say yes.

GW2 on the guildwars site costs £49.99, but from Game it costs £34.99, that's a 30% saving.

Personally, I'll be getting mine via the GW2 site, as I don't really trust Game anymore after the whole administion thing.
    Game isn't doing the pre-purchase, i thought.

If that wasn't what was intended then i shall explain why i thought it was worth it.

Firstly i've got it, its now mine.

Secondly i am still very unsure about what class i wish to play and so the beta events will give me a proper taster into each proffesion aswell as race.

Thirdy, you get in 3 days early which will allow.....certain things to be aquired earlier the aquisition of certain things might marr my initial playing had i not gotten the 3 day head lead.

I had the same thought when looking at the digital and the digital deluxe, £15 oddly enough again and i decided that i didn't need the items, i can spend £15 in the cash shop if i want to or buy 15 thousand penny chews to which i would build the 15 thousand penny chew tower and chime the chew bell and hum things.

Deleted
    You can use game, but don't put down any deposit on your pre-order. Chances are that game will not exist once the game releases, and your money will be gone.

Deleted
    Yes, it is.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2012-04-10 at 09:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, Yes it is. I'm so eager to play. After being banned from WoW im bored as hell.

Deleted
    I'd say it is, but that's likely just because I'm really damn excited.

I'm also going to be using the beta to make sure I like Thief, and possibly try out Elementalist too. I got Standard because, like Galadhrim, I felt that it wasn't worth an extra £15 for a few boosts and such. Only the pet seems to be permanant.

15+ Year Old Account
    So wait if you don't pre-purchase, it's cheaper later on at the TBA official release date? Or is it still the same price of 60$/50£?

Deleted
    Marn, retailers can always set their own prices. In this case it's Game however, whom in a month or so no longer exist.
    I bet this is just their way of trying to pull in some extra cash before the go completely out of business. They usually offer some extra bonuses (bonus points etc) if you put down a deposit on your pre-order. A deposit they won't have to pay back once they go out of business, and leaves you without neither game nor deposit.

You could buy it from the trustworthy sounding coolshop.co.uk

https://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/p...wars-2--for-pc

Out in two weeks, apparently. This could be the first game that's out before it's beta. Super. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    Marn, retailers can always set their own prices. In this case it's Game however, whom in a month or so no longer exist.
    I bet this is just their way of trying to pull in some extra cash before the go completely out of business. They usually offer some extra bonuses (bonus points etc) if you put down a deposit on your pre-order. A deposit they won't have to pay back once they go out of business, and leaves you without neither game nor deposit.
    Actually Game was bought out of administration by Baker Acquisitions and OpCapita
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marn View Post
    So wait if you don't pre-purchase, it's cheaper later on at the TBA official release date? Or is it still the same price of 60$/50£?

I can see it being cheaper as you are technically paying for the beta and headstart. both of those are of no interest to me which is why i'm playing the waiting game and hopefully i can pick up a nice deal later down the line.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Actually Game was bought out of administration by Baker Acquisitions and OpCapita
    The same people who own Comet (bought from Kesa for £2)
    Last edited by mmoc1501ffb0eb; 2012-04-10 at 11:02 AM.

Deleted
    I pre-ordered on Game a few weeks ago, I'd rather pay £35 for the game and use the left over for character slots or storage space. Also Game doesn't charge a fee or bill your card until the item ships, so it's not a risk.

I bought it directly from Ncsoft because I wanted the mini pet and elite from collectors edition and a guaranteed beta invite.

Buying it from Ncsoft directly makes sure they get no middle man fees either, so they pocketed nearly full profit of the $80.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bought mine from play.com with pre-purchase for £39.99; which is cheaper than the £49.99 from buy.guildwars2.com

Ofc it's worth it, silly.
    But yh...I think it is anyway. 3 days early? hellz yh babeh!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Bought mine from play.com with pre-purchase for £39.99; which is cheaper than the £49.99 from buy.guildwars2.com
    oooo thanks for that, and it includes everything the GW2 site was offering
    Last edited by mmoc1501ffb0eb; 2012-04-10 at 04:42 PM.

I would say, yes. $15 barely gets a coffee & danish. Trivial cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Jeez, where are you shopping? =O
    The civilized areas of the United States; North East Coast. ;P