Deleted

[MoP Balance PvP] ?

I haven't fully digested the entire list of druid changes, but from what I have seen there looks to be quite a few interesting things coming that balance has been needing in pvp for quite a while, it also seems rogues are getting tuned to normal levels, so that's funny too.

Is it shaping up to be a more viable spec in pvp then previous? Every expansion I hope for this to happen but I'm usually disappointed. Thoughts?

Not to rain on your parade, but when Cata was in beta there were changes being made to further assist us in pvp as moonkin...but those changes were stripped away. Example, stun affect on Starsurge and instant roots.

I'm still hopeful. Moonkin remains my favorite spec to play in pvp for some reason...has since Wrath anyway. Granted I like balance pvp at lvl80 cap far more than I like it now, but I've learned to adapt.

I fear the near complete removal of healing ability however. The shift in this spec has been so drastic in my eyes with regards to pvp from lvl80-85 that its mindboggling. At 80 with resil affecting crit chance and wrath being 1.5sec cast pre-haste gear, a boomkin would kite and heal until an opportunity would open up for turreting wrath spam at the enemy. But at 85 wrath cast time increased, healing decreased and resil no longer buffered crits. It became a duel of instant casts, especially when fighting melee that can stick on you like glue. Forced into a moonfire spam, IS caster with weak hot spam to buffer damage.

At lvl90 we lose our quick regrowth burst heal and lifebloom spam. Leaving us a long cast heal and 1 hot. We also lose kite damage with the removal of IS. One can make claim that the new talents it looks like we'll have access to will make up for the losses....but as cata beta has shown, we may not even get to see those changes reach launch or more than a month or two past launch.

Here's what we are losing as moonkin spec in mop:
    -Insect Swarm
    -Regrowth
    -Lifebloom
    -Bash (replaced by the new bash talent, but paired up against possibly better choices)
    -Skullbash
    -Omen of Clarity

edit:
    looks like they completely removed Thorns.
    Last edited by Karnalsyn; 2012-04-11 at 04:40 AM.