Thread: Cant Preorder?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cant Preorder?

Anyone else having trouble? Have tried 3 times using my card "wrong card information". Have tried 3 times using paypal via my bank account "an error has occured" and have tried 3 times using paypal via my card "an error has occured".

It shouldnt be this hard for me to give people my money

Deleted
    I cant even find out where to do it lol. Usually I use amazon but its not on there.Not on 'shop' part of anet website either. confusing :/

Deleted
    Everytime someone makes a new thread about all of this i baby kitten dies. Some people have said that you will need more money on your card for it to take it then it actually costs, add some more money to your card and try again.

Deleted
    anyone know why it isnt on amazon yet?

amazon.com/Guild-Wars-2-Pc/dp/B001TOQ8X4

Deleted
    thanks but i need amazon.co.uk it seems they arent going to stock preorder though

I confirmed with my bank that my account info is correct (and I knew it was because I order online all the time).

Still no reply from Anet, Google searches haven't found anyone with a solution to a similar problem. Any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Goto the supermarket/post officer/7-11 and buy one of those pre-paid visa debit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Goto the supermarket/post officer/7-11 and buy one of those pre-paid visa debit cards.
    ./facepalm I actually have a $100 one on me right now that I totally forgot about. I'll give it a shot.

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 03:01 AM ----------

Nope same thing "card info not valid" I suspect it is because Anet has First and Last name as required fields and gift cards don't have those on them.

So up to 4 different payment methods denied

Quote Originally Posted by Novmiech View Post
    ./facepalm I actually have a $100 one on me right now that I totally forgot about. I'll give it a shot.

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 03:01 AM ----------

Nope same thing "card info not valid" I suspect it is because Anet has First and Last name as required fields and gift cards don't have those on them.

So up to 4 different payment methods denied
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4688284_use-...rd-online.html
    If you're not using a visa gift card, the same 'rule' applies for other gift cards.. just find out how to do it on the type of card you have. >.>

A card won't work until you give it a first/last name, a paypal won't work unless the money is actually IN your paypal account, not in your bank account.

My prepaid visa came preactivated there is no number to call (your linked instructions say many cards are this way). So thats not it.

I am a little confused about the 2nd part in regards to paypal - I have NEVER had to transfer money from my bank account to my paypal - and I use paypal all the time. The default set up on my pay pal is to use my bank account, and if that fails for whatever reason to double back to my registered and linked debit card.

I guess I can try messing with paypal - but I activated that account in 2004 and have never needed to have money sitting in my paypal.
    Last edited by Novmiech; 2012-04-11 at 10:37 AM.

My prepaid visa came preactivated there is no number to call (your linked instructions say many cards are this way).

I am a little confused about the 2nd part in regards to paypal - I have NEVER had to transfer money from my bank account to my paypal - and I use paypal all the time. The default set up on my pay pal is to use my bank account, and if that fails for whatever reason to double back to my registered and linked debit card.

I guess I can try messing with paypal - but I activated that account in 2004 and have never needed to have money sitting in my paypal.
    Don't know. Maybe it's different in the USA, because of how your debit cards work.
    All I know is from what I hear, a lot of people having issues using paypal are having those issues as the money is not in the paypal.
    When I went to use my paypal, which did not have enough money (as money was in the process of being transferred to it) it said that the purchase required an instant payment not a delayed one, so would not let me make the purchase until my paypal had enough money on it.

Right on I appreciate the help. Even if it doesn't work I'm willing to try anything. But I checked paypal and they said it takes 3-5 business days to transfer money over. I'm pretty much over it, I guess I'll just go over to a game-stop and buy it there. But I really am not getting a good feeling from these Anet guys now - if they can't even take the money I am bending over backwards to throw at them it makes me wonder if they really have their S together.

if they can't even take the money I am bending over backwards to throw at them it makes me wonder if they really have their S together.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post

Now now...play nice mr tiger

Just saying no matter if you are selling cars or hamburgers I can't fathom a product where it is a good business practice to NOT take the money that people are trying to give you.

Just saying no matter if you are selling cars or hamburgers I can't fathom a product where it is a good business practice to NOT take the money that people are trying to give you.
    I can think of 10 other retailers that DEFINITELY have their 'act together' that I have had problems purchasing from.
    Anet is not one of them. :P
    I don't have a credit card, and I don't have a visa/mastercard/whatever debit card as I am not American.. yet I had absolutely no issues whatsoever pre-purchasing GW2.
    Hell, Blizzard JUST started accepting paypal for most of their purchases what.. 4 months ago, or something?

Dunno why it wouldn't be working for you.
    Sorry to say ur just for some reason unlucky today. I'm sure it's not their business practice lol. Countless people have had no problem.
    Hope you get it sorted and still manage to buy the game.

It will be fine - I had assumed last night that it was due to server stress, and shrugged it off. I'll just go to a local store and save myself the stress either way =P

Who said they don't want your money? It's just not working for you. They can't sell you a hamburger if the grill aint working.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.