Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Poll - Class with the Most Exciting PvP Changes

What's caught your eye? Sorry, was not able to make a real poll...
    Last edited by Oinkeye; 2012-04-10 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    Druid looks amazing on paper. Atleast when I think of Resto and Boomy, but I haven't looked that much into it.

From all the spells and talent trees, Paladins look pretty unstopabble in PVP and PVE especially PVE. I mean HoW has no CD now for 20 sec. And a ton of new spells and abilities.

Locks have had a large amount of changes and if left as is will be quite strong.

If Monks can get a reliable mid range gap closer(s) they will be fairly strong. They have some very solid utility and CC. Their burst just basically got neutered (read: removed) and much of the community is up in arms so hopefully it returns.

There are some real issues/bugs like slows effecting how fast and far Roll and Flying Serpent Kick go but hopefully they are recognized as bugs because if they are WaI someone needs to be shot and I may finally give in to the popular belief that no one over there PvP's. As is now anyone with a ranged snare and/or root can completely dominate Monks. Its bad atm especially with the removal of 40 yd Paralyze which was really painful ESPECIALLY since Monks root is not targetable and has a very slow travel time so its easily dodged.

I think DK's have some potential as well.

The normal Mage/Rogue seem to have it as well.

Spriests seem to have a shit ton of self healing.

Overall I so far haven't seen any class that is UP I've seen some with the potential to be OP depending on scaling and what gets added/cut so its still anyone ball game.

Its expansion time, every class gets awesome changes so everyone will buy the expansion and play their OP class. Just like hunters in S5, we were unstoppable with a shit ton of dodge and a burst of speed after we dodged. On top of that you would kill anyone in one LnL proc. Suddenly the balance patch will hit a couple of months later and the crying will begin again. Its just a marketing strategy and it works, I will be buying the damn thing too.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    I think Holy Pala is going to be sick, definately the best pvp changes for any of the healing trees, but I guess I can't comment on monk yet as I have no idea exactly how effective/hard to play they will be.

Definately Moonkin, maybe because they needed it the most, some of the stuff looks a little shaky/gimmicky, I just really hope they pull it off. I'd love to pvp on my moonkin but sometimes it just isn't worth the headache.

I'll throw in my .02.

If you look at it from a "now" compared to "then" standpoint, i think Warriors are positioned nicely.

If you look at it from a "now" compared to "then" standpoint, i think Warriors are positioned nicely.
    I will agree, I am quite looking forward to warrior PVP again, although we will still have weaknesses I think they will be quite fun to play. The advent of PVP Power will be awesome, however I can see once we are geared (any class really) that it will lead to some imbalance.

Looking at how quickly a non-resilience geared player goes down currently, if you are able to get enough PVP power to combat any resilience / base damage reduction, it could make for some pretty entertaining matches.

15+ Year Old Account
    Class with most changes in:
    PVP: Lock
    PVE: Lock
    Spells: Lock
    Animations: Lock
    Pet's: Lock

feels good to play a lock

Deleted
    Not sure about most classes but Ele Shaman are basically fixed as a strong PvP and PvE spec now. Previously, they were plagued with awful mechanics and design decisions such a limited mana, buff totems, searing and fire ele AI, poor survivability, little on-demand cooldown burst, off or self-healing and CC/utility. Seems that in MoP, ele gets pretty much all this fixed while providing insane raid utility.

I guarantee, Ascendance will make people cry tears of hatred for elemental and enhancement in MoP if left as it is.

But from what I've heard, boomkins atm seem the most OP but beta is beta.

Mages, hands down. Fire mages with Dragon's Breath, Polymorph and Deep Freeze? Healers will be crying a river.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "nerf" to bear form for ferals actually seems fairly interesting, especially with the blink-vanish talent thing (cooldown on that still seems a little long, however).

Elemental also seems pretty interesting; always wanted to try PvP in that spec, but started the moment its supposed heyday ended.
    RIP Gunther, he wanted orange, the world gave him lemon-lime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Mages, hands down. Fire mages with Dragon's Breath, Polymorph and Deep Freeze? Healers will be crying a river.
    We've gained some; but I still want the old Blastwave back, it had so many damn uses compared to the Blastwave we have at the moment. Fiery Payback without a doubt needs to return. Perhaps the old Molten Shields as well.

Deleted
    I can't wait to see the new warlock pets! They look better and offer some quite intresting abilitys.

Quote Originally Posted by Oinkeye View Post
    What's caught your eye? Sorry, was not able to make a real poll...
    It might be a total awful idea, but as someone who played vanilla/tbc and adored elemental mages and the utility of frost and fire, I am absolutely loving playing a fire mage right now with frosts ring/barrier/DF abilities.

Probably not viable arena or even anything asides from WPvP ganking, but god damn am I having fun.

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

Deleted
    As of this current beta build and with peoples current lvl i was pretty surprised seeing that Afflict Locks have better burst than arcane mages and ele shamans.
    Ive seen alot of people mention Boomkin (with vortex thing)as exceptionelt strong pt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am bias as I play a priest, but I am rather looking forward to the talents we get for PvP.

Feathers from heaven: hell yeah, give me a run speed boost that I can strategically position ahead of time
    Void Tentrdils: quite awesome, even if they might have low hp (see their new model)
    Psyfiend: AoE fear (yeah it probably will share a DR) but again nice to have a positional AoE fear
    Angelic Bulwark: Nice little internal proc to save me if I am being bursted
    Spectral Guise: Kinda meh atm seeing as how DoT's break it
    Favorite Owned Title: Champion of Ulduar
    Favorite Owned Mount: Ashes of Al'ar
    "Prisoners? Ha. With it bindings unshackled, its gonna' come after us, and we're going to be the prisoners" -- Brann Bronzebeard on Yogg'saron

10+ Year Old Account
    I am excited to see how the changes made to Druids affect resto pvp healing and also boomkin. I love playing feral but I would like the option to switch it up and be able to viably use a resto or balance off-spec.

Deleted
    Mage ftw!

Druids...I'm going nuts about the changes.

I mean...if Moonkin and Resto would have the abilities they will have now, they would be sooo op :x But I'm not in the beta and I don't know much about the other classes and how the Moonkin/Resto changes would fit into the image, but I think Moonkin will be good at least. Their damage won't be the only reason to run arena with them...