Poll: Preferred Breathing?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What's your preferred inhale and exhale breathing?

So this is a question that's been bugging me for a few days out of curiosity of what the preferred breathing is for most people, Myself i like to breath and exhale with my mouth as i tend to find it rewards me with much more air with less effort.

So my question to the public what's yours?

Ignore the typo of combination in the poll, Phone touchscreen ftw.
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2012-04-10 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Phone typo

10+ Year Old Account
    as far as i'm aware, if you find it better breathing through your mouth, you may have a sinus issue. Most everyone i know breathes through their nose, cept people who have terrible allergies or sinus issues, they breath out of their mouth.

Also breathing through your mouth is bad manners, no one wants to smell your breath all day = P

Normally, people breathe through the nose while while resting or doing light exercise; to get more oxygen, people breathe through the mouth and nose simultaneously to get more oxygen. Mouth breathing may be an indication of a health problem.

And in the US, at least, "mouth breather" is an insult implying stupidity and lack of social skills.

Deleted
    pretty much always breath through nose unless i got a bad cold or really out of breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think breathing through your nose is just easier, plus you don't have to sit their with your mouth open gasping for air.

Deleted
    Both with nose. Also 'cobonation' is much funnier to say than 'combination' and I totally think it should replace it in the whole english language.

Deleted
    Mouth open and breathing like Napoleon Dynamite all the time.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    inhale through nose, exhale mouth... but i have pretty severe sinus issues, so nose isn't always an option. I feel stuffed up like i have a cold pretty much 75-80% of the time.

Right now? Mouth, I have an infection, so I can't breath through my nose even if I wanted to.

Any normal day? Nose. I hate breathing through my mouth. I feel stupid with my mouth open, and I get all the oxygen I need through my nose normally.

Deleted
    Mouth breather always reminds me of that guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...VHlyCpU#t=122s

10+ Year Old Account
    Inhale with nose and exhale with nose except when I am sick (sometimes).

Deleted
    Nose but I have to breathe through my mouth from spring until autumn due to being allergic to both birch & grass. Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    Both with nose. Also 'cobonation' is much funnier to say than 'combination' and I totally think it should replace it in the whole english language.

Yeah, blame the phone bloody touchscreen

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer to breath through my nose when I can, but it seems like I'm always too congested to do so. Probably because I don't notice when I'm not congested.

Deleted
    Through my mouth most of the time, because I have problems with my sinuses. I probably look like an idiot with my mouth open all the time.

Deleted
    OP, you know mouth breather is an insult?

I do yoga and try to practice Ujai breathing (inhale nose exhale nose, "feel" it in the back of your throat) as much as possible. I do have really bad sinus issues though so unless I'm calm and breathing mindfully I slip and breath through my mouth.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aalyy View Post
    I do yoga and try to practice Ujai breathing (inhale nose exhale nose, "feel" it in the back of your throat) as much as possible. I do have really bad sinus issues though so unless I'm calm and breathing mindfully I slip and breath through my mouth.

Ya i do a lot of meditation, and breathing/relaxing exercises.. nose in mouth out..blow out the bad energy

Deleted
    I have a deviated septum, so I mouth breathe in private. You learn how to breathe silently though, freaks my fiance out as I barely make any noise.

Nose unless its super cold or I'm really tired from a long walk. I'm on crutches, so that's pretty easy too.