Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    oh the irony xD
    you do realize that neither of those are anywhere to close to beeing "what started all these things", right?^^
    Yeah my bad, I should've added I meant the resemblances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Yeah my bad, I should've added I meant the resemblances.
    alrighty

Uh...any resemblance is completely accidental? That is a real city that's used for King's Landing. I can't say I've drawn many parallels between WoW and GoT and I've read all of the GoT books and seen the show. I guess Tyrion is sort of a dwarf? O_o
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

Watching GoT doesn't make me think of WoW biut playing WoW sometimes make me think of ASoIaF. Especially Northrend.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Deleted
    I ve been thinking, i only can find one thing : There are ppl with blue eyes in both univers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkbacon View Post
    just saw the first episode and i think kings landing looks a lottt like that alliance place in boring tundra, it has its own dock and stuff, and the castle thing is kind of facing the sea if im not mistaken..i dont play alliance but i spent a lot of time in stormwind before.
    anyone else think of wow when watching this show?
    This just in: Reality ripped from World of Warcraft, Activision Blizzard sueing the universe for copyright breach.

(Medieval time reality, not game of thrones reality, lol)

Not at all. Game of Thrones has a much more authentic feel and look to it, and I find it a lot easier to get immersed in (when reading the books, anyway). While Game of Thrones is definitely medieval fantasy, WoW definitely has way more fantasy aspects to it, while GoT is more realistic. The only thing they really do have in common is the genre, but even then, there are just so many differences you can't compare them at all.

Well, since there are no elves, orcs, goblins, draenei, worgen, gnomes etc, no I don't think of WoW at all. I think medieval fantasy. Which isn't hand and hand in WoW.

That's like saying, WoW is similar to The Matrix cause it has humans in it
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    i would say no, like not at all, in anyway, i mean yes, there is houses, castle yes, there is humens also. i would say more like skyrim also a bit, but that is also because that is medivel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkbacon View Post
    just saw the first episode and i think kings landing looks a lottt like that alliance place in boring tundra, it has its own dock and stuff, and the castle thing is kind of facing the sea if im not mistaken..i dont play alliance but i spent a lot of time in stormwind before.
    anyone else think of wow when watching this show?
    You have to consider that the medieval (or renaissance) castle is probably the most copied staple in the fantasy genre. It's hard to open a book, start a game, or watch a movie without running into at least one.