Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Register the GW2 account and Link with GW1 account

Hey! when checking the website register.guildwars2.com you can see that you can link your old gw account with a email adres and a password, that should be the email adres i was using gw1 with right?

Since my NCsoft is on my current email adres, and the old one doesnt excists anymore.

I'm gonna jump on this thread to expose a weird issue I'm having :

After completing the pre-purchase I was prompted to register, and one of the very early steps asked if I already had a GW account. I do, so I decided to go with it. At first I typed the email address attached to my GW1 account, but it wouldn't accept it. After a while I decided to type my GW1 identifier (the one with @ncsoft) and it actually worked. I received a thank you for registering email and thought that everything went well.

Couple minutes ago, I tried to login to account.guildwars2.com, and I was able to login using the @ncsoft identifier. Problem is it says in my dashboard "gw1 - undefined". I guess it might be just a bug, but the actual problem is that there is a big red "YOU NEED TO VERIFY YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS" at the top of the screen, and when I click on it it says that a verification email was sent to my @ncsoft inbox. Obviously, there is no such inbox, it's just the ncsoft identifier (or am I mistaken ?)

Any thoughts ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoef View Post
    Hey! when checking the website register.guildwars2.com you can see that you can link your old gw account with a email adres and a password, that should be the email adres i was using gw1 with right?
    Use the details you use to log in to GW1

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Any thoughts ?
    It's a mistake in the system, it's happening to a heap of people and will be fixed in time.

So, the paper I got from the retailer is totally unclear on which of the different numbers on it is the serial code, how does the serial code look (amount of numbers, is it only numbers, etc)?

Deleted
    I made this mistake earlier today, if you have a GW1 account use your @ncsoft account info to link. Im still trying to find out if I can link my accounts after registering. Using my email address like it asked, I thought it wasnt working due to buying GW1 etc through NCsoft not ArenaNet.

I just hope I can still Link my accounts now I have already registered my GW2 serial code

Does anybody have some info on this?
    Last edited by mmoc3d9f9afe84; 2012-04-10 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arrowstorm View Post
    so, the paper i got from the retailer is totally unclear on which of the different numbers on it is the serial code, how does the serial code look (amount of numbers, is it only numbers, etc)?
    Mine was: NNNLLN-NNLLL-LLLN-LLN-LLNLLLL
    (N and L being number or letter)

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Mine was: NNNLLN-NNLLL-LLLN-LLN-LLNLLLL
    (N and L being number or letter)
    Now on to trying to steal Mif's code.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    So, the paper I got from the retailer is totally unclear on which of the different numbers on it is the serial code, how does the serial code look (amount of numbers, is it only numbers, etc)?
    If you got a code from GameStop and it's only a combination of 12 numbers and letters then you have to go to gamestop.com/redeem and follow the instructions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Now on to trying to steal Mif's code.
    Meh, as long as you don't steal mah cookies

Well, as of ~10am this morning (EST) I was able to use my actual email and not the ncsoft "email" to link the account. It didn't give me a real confirmation or anything but it didn't boot me back. Here's to hoping it worked!

It let me link my GW1 account with my normal login email and password, didnt need to resort to useing my NCsoft login/password. That said the account.guildwars2.com page looks to be very much a work in progress as both GW1 and 2 are listed as undefined. My guess is its not a problem with the linked accounts its more an issue with the page not even being half done yet. Whatever variable they are planing on useing to display account info is probably not hooked up to anything able to populate the variable with data so it spits out undefined.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    I used my GW1 login info, which is a 10 year old @aol.com email and a current password. It didn't give me any errors.

Deleted
    I have a little problem:

As mentioned before, I also connected my old GW1 account to my GW2 account, when registrating today. I got the same mail as you stated above, everything seemed fine. But when I read here, that there is account.guildwars2.com page, I wanted to log on. I could, using my GW1-mail and password. The only problem is, that this mail is very old and my provider banned my from it a long time ago. But when I should verify my e-mail, it sends the mail to the old, banned account.

When I log on to my NCsoft master account, only GW1 is visible there. Adding my serial from presale does not work as it tells me, my key is invalid.

I am very afraid, that I might not be able to play "normally". What would you guys do? Wait until there is a customer support for GW2 or try to contact them right away?

Sorry for my english, not my first language. And thank you in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudhoof View Post
    I have a little problem:

As mentioned before, I also connected my old GW1 account to my GW2 account, when registrating today. I got the same mail as you stated above, everything seemed fine. But when I read here, that there is account.guildwars2.com page, I wanted to log on. I could, using my GW1-mail and password. The only problem is, that this mail is very old and my provider banned my from it a long time ago. But when I should verify my e-mail, it sends the mail to the old, banned account.

When I log on to my NCsoft master account, only GW1 is visible there. Adding my serial from presale does not work as it tells me, my key is invalid.

I am very afraid, that I might not be able to play "normally". What would you guys do? Wait until there is a customer support for GW2 or try to contact them right away?

Sorry for my english, not my first language. And thank you in advance!
    Try this http://support.guildwars2.com/

Deleted
    Thank you very much!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine isn't active...some old yahoo account...and works fine. It lets you change it after you give them the right login info.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    If you got a code from GameStop and it's only a combination of 12 numbers and letters then you have to go to gamestop.com/redeem and follow the instructions.
    Mine's from Elgiganten (Denmark hooray and stuff). Those noobs didn't give the serial code, only the bill, damn it. Calling tomorrow, hope they do know that they need to give it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    I'm gonna jump on this thread to expose a weird issue I'm having :

After completing the pre-purchase I was prompted to register, and one of the very early steps asked if I already had a GW account. I do, so I decided to go with it. At first I typed the email address attached to my GW1 account, but it wouldn't accept it. After a while I decided to type my GW1 identifier (the one with @ncsoft) and it actually worked. I received a thank you for registering email and thought that everything went well.

Couple minutes ago, I tried to login to account.guildwars2.com, and I was able to login using the @ncsoft identifier. Problem is it says in my dashboard "gw1 - undefined". I guess it might be just a bug, but the actual problem is that there is a big red "YOU NEED TO VERIFY YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS" at the top of the screen, and when I click on it it says that a verification email was sent to my @ncsoft inbox. Obviously, there is no such inbox, it's just the ncsoft identifier (or am I mistaken ?)

Any thoughts ?
    This is exactly what is happening to me now, I keep typing in correct stuff, and even my GW1 info, but it keeps telling how my account may be disabled or I may have typed my password or email and/or username wrong but I am 100% certain it's correct, four-doubled-checked 10 times = 40 checked... =(

Any clarification on why this is ? <-- EDIT
    Last edited by mmoca41f9fd4de; 2012-04-10 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    So I got a call from GameStop a few hours after I thought I got my pre-purchase and a code. I already used the code, but they had to cancel my first pre-purchase and charge me for a 2nd pre-purchase. They ended up giving me a 2nd code because of this, and the 2nd code was a combination of 25 numbers and letters.

I guess I have 2 codes for beta access now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Mine's from Elgiganten (Denmark hooray and stuff). Those noobs didn't give the serial code, only the bill, damn it. Calling tomorrow, hope they do know that they need to give it out.
    Call? you need to find the person that was working and jump through their house windows demanding your code!

I guess I have 2 codes for beta access now.
    Guess you have a lucky friend/family member then
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky